So excited! Repeat Ships...

xostacylee

My friend and I were going to go to Hawaii for our 30th birthdays next year... but we loved our Carnival cruise so much, we opted to do that again instead!

We may even cruise on the same ship, the Breeze!

I figured you guys would enjoy my excitement! How many of you have fallen in love with a ship that you've cruised her again?

I have fallen in love with every ship - each for different reasons. But I don't want that to get in the way of me experiencing new ships!

Would I cruise the same ship more than once? Of course! But I also want to try as many ships as I can.

I am sure that the Breeze is a wonderful ship, as are the ports she sails to, but does Carnival not have a ship that goes to Hawaii?, or perhaps they do not go there during the time you wish to cruise.

Hawaii is the most beautiful and most interesting place that I have ever been in this world, and even though I have not been to a place that I did not like, Hawaii is up there on top, the best, the most beautiful and most interesting. I think I left part of my soul back there.

I hope that you will reconsider if not this vacation but hopefully someday, to go to Hawaii. It should not be missed if you can help it. And better to go when you are young like you are.

I am going to be cruising on the Freedom this year, and will be for the second time. Great ship, but I chose it based on the itinerary and number of days.

Whatever works for you though is best for you, so I wish you a wonderful cruise and vacation.:)

Cruise out of Long Beach to Hawaii. The MIRACLE will be doing them once a month starting in Oct or November. The ship is beautiful.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

Our birthdays are July/August, so we were hoping to cruise then... I did look up a Hawaii cruise and the only thing I see is May or September, for an 11 day at $949... that's a bit out of our budget haha.

Cruise out of Long Beach to Hawaii. The MIRACLE will be doing them once a month starting in Oct or November. The ship is beautiful.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

Been on her twice, once to Hawaii. Going on the Freedom, for the third time, next. Also cruise for the itin but also factor in ship and embarkation port.

As for Hawaii, as someone who has been there probably 20 times, I would never do a cruise there. It's my favorite place in the world, and I only view it as a land based vacation. We were on Kauai in April and did the river tour with a group of cruisers. I felt sorry for them having to leave that glorious island that afternoon. :)

We fell in love with the Breeze last April. 8 day Eastern.

Leaving in 20 days for an 8 day Southern.

It would be tough to cruise on another ship, until the Vista is out:o:o

LOVE the Breeze. Cannot wait to be back on!!!!!

As for Hawaii, as someone who has been there probably 20 times, I would never do a cruise there. It's my favorite place in the world, and I only view it as a land based vacation. We were on Kauai in April and did the river tour with a group of cruisers. I felt sorry for them having to leave that glorious island that afternoon. :)

I will try this again...wrote in a long post and it went poof!

kona wahine...I hear you on this point. Now that I think of this, going on a cruise to Hawaii would be torture for me...6 hrs or so in port on any of these islands would never suffice.

Your 20 or so visits to Hawaii..are like my 20 or so visits to Barbados. Love Barbados and consider it my second home.

I worked for an airline for 25 years and over those years made many many visits to Barbados, and only discovered Hawaii late in those airline years. Now that I am 10 years into my second career, (but have very little vacation time), I do treasure all my vacation memories of years gone by. Barbados yes, but Hawaii was really special, and one cannot get the full benefit of a visit there with just a few hours. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Hawaii....will for me when I retire for good, be a destination to be savored only with plenty of time, land vacation. Something to look forward to.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Yup, Hawaii is magical. Last trip we did the manta ray night snorkel on kona, most amazing thing I've ever done. Then on Kauai we did the na Pali snorkel tour and had a huge shark swim right underneath us. Yup, scared the you know what our of me! Then on the way back watched whales breaching right in front of us. I like cruising the carribean, but Hawaii is just all together different. Now that we are older with a few more dollars in our pocket we can afford to go more. A yearly trip is what holds me together!! Lol

So nothing wrong with booking a ship/itinerary you've enjoyed before.

Sort of like booking the same beach house at a place you've enjoyed and look forward to returning. Many do this year after year.

Stay excited and have a WONDERFUL time on your cruise. :D

LuLu

My friend and I were going to go to Hawaii for our 30th birthdays next year... but we loved our Carnival cruise so much, we opted to do that again instead!

I figured you guys would enjoy my excitement! How many of you have fallen in love with a ship that you've cruised her again?

Repeating a ship is ok when you don't do it too soon and doesn't have the same CD and entertainment. Otherwise, it's like doing the same cruise over again, same jokes, same plants, same everything. That's when you realize you are actually part of a "show". It's all calculated.

Repeating a ship is ok when you don't do it too soon and doesn't have the same CD and entertainment. Otherwise, it's like doing the same cruise over again, same jokes, same plants, same everything. That's when you realize you are actually part of a "show". It's all calculated.

Ours have all been a year apart and different ports up until our next one.

We sailed on the Pride six years ago. We have tried others since. However, we are returning to the Pride in the same type of aft wrap cabin, next month!! We can't wait. Ours reason is part ship, part availability of aft wrap cabin at a reasonable price and part port ( we love to sail from ports that we can reach by automobile).