Loyal Royals considering Carnival

.I just hate Carnival mostly because of the load scream TV playing all day long on sea days.....you cant even have a conversation when its on........

Not just sea days. Pulling into port on a beautiful morning and the big screen is blaring one of those morning ABC/NBC shows with the dreadful babbling women, totally spoiled the atmosphere, even the ship next door complained once we were tied up:eek:

Edited by pspercy

Not just sea days. Pulling into port on a beautiful morning and the big screen is blaring one of those morning ABC/NBC shows with the dreadful babbling women, totally spoiled the atmosphere, even the ship next door complained once we were tied up:eek:

We have never sailed Carnival yet but our friends and relatives have and they were very positive so we definitely want to try one of the newer ships in the future. Have heard about the food being very good and the larger cabins. The only thing that scares me is why the music has to be so loud. Last year we were in St. Martin on RCL with the Dream docked across our ship and we were sitting on the balcony enjoying the hustle and bustle the view when all of a sudden on the Dream they started the music I think on the pool deck, well it was extremely loud and so much noise that we had to go back inside and lock the door, but we still heard the blaring sound. I never knew that music could be so loud. That's a pity, so I understand what you mean about the loud screen.

Thanks for doing this. I don't really want to sail carnival but my husband is a smoker & with the new Royal smoking policy & the Liberty coming to Port Canaveral, we have considered it. I'm still on the fence though.

Yes! Prior to our last Carnival cruise on Dream, I'd read about this here on CC, plus the lack of live music around the pool. I didn't think it would bug me, but it did, a lot.

And then there was our horrible service in the MDR. I know it's possible to get bad MDR service on any line, but this was really, REALLY bad. And I've had some nice Carnival cruises, but that last one totally wrecked it for us. And it's a shame, because I was interested in the Breeze, as well as one of their itineraries from Ft. Lauderdale (I think it was Liberty).

If we stray from RC again, it will be to a different line; probably Celebrity. (which I know is part of RC, so not really straying.)