Can I avail of my friends Open Passage discount?

A friend has just booked a cruise with a popular online cruise agent (one that recently won an award and are offering $100 OBC this week to anyone who books!!). He has used an Open Passage certificate and has received some OBC from RCCL.

I know on Celebrity that if you get a friend or family to take the same cruise and book within 10 days then they too can avail of the OBC. Is this the same for RCCL? and if so, does the cruise have to be booked with RCCL directly or can I use the online TA. Also, can someone confirm that they OBC comes from the cruise company and not the travel agent?

A friend has just booked a cruise with a popular online cruise agent (one that recently won an award and are offering $100 OBC this week to anyone who books!!). He has used an Open Passage certificate and has received some OBC from RCCL.

I know on Celebrity that if you get a friend or family to take the same cruise and book within 10 days then they too can avail of the OBC. Is this the same for RCCL? and if so, does the cruise have to be booked with RCCL directly or can I use the online TA. Also, can someone confirm that they OBC comes from the cruise company and not the travel agent?

Royal eliminated the Friends & Family feature from their open booking feature back in March 2013.

Edited by clarea

If the certificate was purchased prior to March, 2013 it would have Friends&Family certificates attached that you could use within 30 days. Those disappeared from the new versions sold after March.