My ever growing list..

Hibiscus118

Hello!

My husband and I will be in Seattle next week for 3 nights before our cruise. We will not be getting in until late on Wednesday evening so we figure we will grab dinner and get some rest. Our list of things we would like to do is growing.

Thursday we have a car rented and plan on going out to hike rattlesnake ledge and then hit up Snoqualmie Falls. Friday night we are going to the Mariner's game with a friend. These are our only "set" plans. We would like to do the water taxi to West Seattle (Friday morning?), do the underground tour (Saturday morning before cruise?), Pike Place, Space Needle, And Chihuly. The Ferris wheel might also be fun.

Seattle natives, think this is all doable? If we should cut or add anything, suggestions are welcome! Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hopefully somebody from Seattle will answer, but since "Seattle" was not in the title, well....

Anyways, glad to see folks spending time in Seattle vs just flying in and flying out. This will be our third time and we always do extra days.

Might be able to squeeze most of that in.

For a quicker way up the Space Needle make reservations for the restaurant. The cost of the meal includes the ride up, knowing this the meal is resonably priced.

so you board the ship on Sunday?

It's all very do-able. Snoqualmie is only a 45 minute drive from Seattle so you can do the Falls and the hike PLUS something else. Since the Market gets so busy on weekends, maybe do the Market that morning before going to Snoqualmie. If you need to re-visit the market to pick up flowers or whatever, stop by again early Sunday morning before going to the ship.

Also, it stays late until 9pm so you have more daylight hours to do things.

If you're staying downtown, the Space Needle is only 3 minutes away by monorail.

Thank you all! We get on the ship on Saturday. Spent less than a day in Seattle about 4 years ago passing through. Really enjoyed it, which is why we planned a Seattle departure for Alaska. I just read heard mention of the other tower yesterday, will look into it. Off to check out some restaurant reviews..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Two days is going to be a crunch, but the long daylight hours will help.

Are you doing the water taxi for the skyline view? I think service ends around 6pm. If you run out of time, another option would be to take the ferry to Bremerton and back Sat night... those boats run quite late so you might even get a departure in daylight then a return to the night skyline. Might be a relaxing way to wind down after a busy day. Grab some fish and chips from IVAR's near the dock.

We were recently in Seattle for 1 night before and 1 night after our cruise.

We took in the Mariners baseball game. If you don't already have tickets, I would wait until the day of and get them, in case the weather is not perfect. They say that games never fully sell out ahead of time. That is what we did and did not have a problem. We also did the Underground Walking Tour. Had a great female guide and enjoyed the experience. We also did the Ferris Wheel. It was okay. Can't remember the cost, but if something had to give, I would pass on this. It wasn't that special. I think it was around $30.00 for 2 and the wheel went around 3 times. We also did the Space Needle. That was worth the money. We however, did not do dinner there, but maybe we should have. We grabbed a quick salad, pizza and drinks at a nice little Italian restaurant nearby after the Space Needle which was about $45.00 with a tip!

Everything you want to do is doable. I'd pass on the Space Needle and go to the 73rd floor of the Columbia Tower http://skyviewobservatory.com/

I hear a lot of people recommend this--it's cheaper, and there's less of a line than for the Space Needle. But I think visitors have to ask themselves: am I doing this to get way up high and look down at the city and out at the mountains...or do I want to experience an iconic Seattle landmark that all my friends are going to ask me if I visited when I get home? If it's the former, Columbia Tower will do as well as the Space Needle; if it's the latter, nowhere else will cut it--go to the Space Needle.