Princess made us an offer...

TracieABD

Yes. The upgrade option is for an automatic, complimentary upgrade. You have the option whether to accept (and pay for) an upsell, which typically go out to cabins in a certain category (and sometimes with a certain CC level) regardless of upgrade/no upgrade preference.

Good to know!

We booked a balcony. The prices dropped, so we moved to a mini- gty. We were upgraded to a MA. (no addition fare)

The upsell was for $299 pp. We have paid less than half of what we would have paid if we originally booked this suite.

Congratulations! :) Ain't Life Grand!:D It has happened to us 3 times :eek: and each time, we simply loved it!

Last year we had a fantastic deal offered to us by Princess. They apparently had overbooked our 15 day transatlantic (inside cabin) from Copenhagen to Ft Lauderdale, so they called me 2 days before we were to fly to Copenhagen to catch the cruise and offered us a similar length cruise in a balcony cabin in the Mediterranean later in the year. Well, we had already done that itinerary, so I got brave and said "how about the 28 day cruise the following year around Australia?", so she put me on hold for a few minutes and then returned and said "OK". Not only did we get a free $14,000 total value cruise with balcony with free insurance, taxes, and port charges, but she gave us all of what we had paid for the first cruise ($3,000) in cabin credit. We will be enjoying this cruise in November. (we did lose a $400 non-refundable Copenhagen hotel charge and our one-way flight costs to Copenhagen, but it was a good enough trade for us despite the losses! They must have really been desperate to get people to cancel! There is no way we would ever have been able to afford this Australia cruise ourselves.:D

That is great!

I am hoping that life will be grand on the Grand!

grand on the grand and sweet in a suite!

you deserve it. your posts are always nice, polite and helpful. I like that in a cc member. :)

Why haven't they offered to upgrade our 3 insides to balconies?! All the insides on our sailing are sold out but plenty of balconies left, last I checked.... :p

I would assume they would offer the balcony upgrades to the outside cabins first, then when outsides are freed up, they would consider insides to be offered an outside. Seems the fairest approach. For us, we are just glad to have a cabin, since we would rarely choose to sit/stand on a balcony. Once we fall asleep and close our eyes, all cabins look the same to us. Was of more value back when one of us smoked and you could smoke on the balcony. Some people love having a balcony, I understand, but unless it is an upgrade at no added cost, we would prefer to spend our money on other important things...... like booze :D

grand on the grand and sweet in a suite!

you deserve it. your posts are always nice, polite and helpful. I like that in a cc member. :)

Nicest. Post. Ever!

Thank you so much. I actually love the boards and have learned so much here. I am always happy to pay it forward a bit!:)

Why haven't they offered to upgrade our 3 insides to balconies?! All the insides on our sailing are sold out but plenty of balconies left, last I checked.... :p

I have my fingers crossed for you! Actually, if Princess would upgrade my family to mini-suites, then that would free three balconies for your family!

Hey, Princess... are you listening???? I think Sherri and I have a great plan!:p

Nicest. Post. Ever!

Thank you so much. I actually love the boards and have learned so much here. I am always happy to pay it forward a bit!:)

I've been spending too much time on facebook. I want to 'like' this.