6-19-14 Thursday Weigh-In..Summer Is Saturday..Are You Ready?

Belle

A loss is what we want to say

On our weekly weigh-in day

Staying the same isn't bad

Better than a gain that can be had

We don't want a gain but if we do

Next week we try harder and lose a pound or two

Summer is around the corner which is good

Have to watch the drinks, bbq's and extra food

So we plug along doing our best

Everyday seems like it's a test

So eat less..exercise..drink water..be a fighter

Then next week we all should be lighter

Summer comes each year..are we ever ready

Let's lose weight these months..slow and steady

Good Morning Belle!! Thanks for starting my day with a poem:) I've been very good with watching my food and exercising ... lost all of 0.8# ... it is so slow .... Still have about 7.6# to get back to where I was last year and then another 10 to reach my goal ... Wish it would happen quicker.

I seem to lose the same weight over and over again!!!:rolleyes: Hope everyone has a wonderful week!! Jan

Morning Belle, a smile-maker as always on Thursday morning - thank you!

Looks like a good week may be had for all!

Down 2 to 202 this morning - no complaints except it is still murder trying not to snack at night.

108 straight days with no rain and 110 expected this weekend - thank goodness for the pool! My little homemade resort:

20140608_110507_1.jpg

Broke it in last weekend with a Fathers Day party - and still lost weight - no complaints here.

Keep the good news coming people!

Good morning, Belle. Thanks for the poem. I hope that all is well with you.

Jan and shootr...congrats on the loss.

I am down 3 lbs this week (2 plus the 1 I had gained last week). I am 4 weeks away from my cruise and I have 3.5 lbs to lose til final goal weight. I can do it! :D

Rose

Hi Everyone,

Jan, Shootr, Rose: wow, you did so well at the loss this week.

I have to break the losing streak though. I gained 2 lbs. I know it is stress eating. One more week at work and I'm out of a job.

On top of that my best friend is going through treatment for cancer plus my sister-in-law had surgery for breast cancer and ended up back in the hospital twice.

Not a good month.........

I must get my eating under control. Hopefully I can post a loss next week.

Diana

Wow, shootr, that pool looks amazing! It's 87 degrees and insanely humid here today. I wish I had time for the pool! But instead I'm busy prepping for my son's 10th birthday party. (How do I have a 10-year-old already? :confused: ) I'm getting the house all cleaned up so it can be torn apart by a bunch of crazy 10-year-olds. It's our first time having a sleep-over with more than one person, and I'm preparing myself for a wild & stressful evening!

I'm down 2 pounds again this week at 121. Still haven't really been dieting at all, which I think works better for me because food doesn't seem quite as tempting when I know I can have it whenever I want. I'd love to be under 120 when I head out for my cruise next month, but I'm pretty happy with where I am now.

Edited by perkyblue

Hey ya'll!

Nice poem today, Belle!

Way to go everyone!!!

I am down 1.8 pounds this week.

And I will confess, I gave in and had a couple cokes and sweet tea but probably 3/4 less than I normally drink.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

HI all!

Good going for the losers! I was waiting for a gainer so I could post.;)

Belle ~ nice ditty as usual..

Diana ~ sorry for your stressors. Hope you find a job soon & an even better one.

Well I don't know what's wrong, is it that darned scale or am I counting my calories wrong for input to MFP but I'm up 1.4 lbs!:(

shootr ~ nice looking oasis, wow that's some hot/dry weather you have there!

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all! I just found this thread and would love some motivation and accountability on weight loss for my upcoming cruise. I need to lose 10 pounds by Oct. 10th (16 weeks). It sounds pretty simple when I type it out like that - 10 pounds in 16 weeks; I can do this, right????

Hi all! I just found this thread and would love some motivation and accountability on weight loss for my upcoming cruise. I need to lose 10 pounds by Oct. 10th (16 weeks). It sounds pretty simple when I type it out like that - 10 pounds in 16 weeks; I can do this, right????

Yes! You can do it! :D I find if I write down everything I eat with the calories that I do much better ... and have a goal of so much exercise per week. Good Luck ... Jan

HI all!

I got weighed again yesterday as my Wii led me to believe I'd lost weight not gained so with yesterday's number I was actually down 2/10 lb, not much, but way better than being up 1.4!!;)

Jan ~ do you use My Fitness Pal? It's a neat way to keep track of your food intake & exercise. The only problem I have with it is deciding for instance if my spaghetti & meatballs were the 654 calorie ones or the 287.:eek:

Sometimes I take a picture of the plate with Meal Snap but that gives a big range too!

Have a nice weekend & try your best, that's all we can do.

~ Jo ~ :)