Azura refit 2015

MattyBarlow

Has there been any info on what she is having done? I'm assuming it's just a wash and blow dry and nothing spectacular?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well there is the colour change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They might need to fix some issues caused by Azura entering Ajaccio today. Apparently when entering port there was a bit of a whoopsie with something hitting the jetty. We've been delayed in port for a few hours.

Mind you that's only the rumour buzzing around the ship right now.

Edited by DS_Dean

They might need to fix some issues caused by Azura entering Ajaccio today. Apparently when entering port there was a bit of a whoopsie with something hitting the jetty. We've been delayed in port for a few hours.

Mind you that's only the rumour buzzing around the ship right now.

On the way now! Captain advises it was an issue on the starboard side with the propulsion system. So looks like the rumour mill was wrong!

Will try and find out about refit, though not sure who we should talk to. Best wait for Chrissy to find out!

It is a shame the Pizzeria hasn't been available. The grill on the opposite side is excellent though!

Edited by DS_Dean

I was on board Azura 1 June for a week and the pizzeria wasn't open then - we were told the pizza oven was broken.

I hope they fix the oven before the refit - I am back on board Azura in October and hope to find it open then.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Being on the Azura right now, it’s a great ship and it seems to be in tip top condition. Doesn’t seem to be in need of too much of a refit, aside from broken Pizzeria of course.

There is one thing that strikes me as a negative with Azura and that is Manhattan. There are often great acts, comedians going on in there yet it is always well over capacity and no where near enough seats. I think it would be a much better venue if it were completely re-designed to be a bit more like Oceana’s Starlights Showlounge where there seems to be a lot more seating.

But that’s probably the only thing I would like to see changed. It is a fantastic ship otherwise!

Being on the Azura right now, it’s a great ship and it seems to be in tip top condition. Doesn’t seem to be in need of too much of a refit, aside from broken Pizzeria of course.

There is one thing that strikes me as a negative with Azura and that is Manhattan. There are often great acts, comedians going on in there yet it is always well over capacity and no where near enough seats. I think it would be a much better venue if it were completely re-designed to be a bit more like Oceana’s Starlights Showlounge where there seems to be a lot more seating.

But that’s probably the only thing I would like to see changed. It is a fantastic ship otherwise!

Totally agree with you about Manhatten, unless you get there early for a seat at the front you end up with neck ache looking at the tv screens:(. The Starlight on Oceana is so much nicer:)

Molly

Scheduled for April 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Matty,

Hope you and the family are well. Not communicated much since the sad demise of the old OV ships and the lively forum.

May try for Azura/ Ventura this winter as I see that both will not be in Caribbean after the launch of Brittania.

Did Dai mention a colour change? I always thought the ships were the brightest looking in the fleet LOL

On the Ventura refit they managed to slot in 16 cabins ,by cutting off half the Exchange bar,on Azura this is already in place, a lot of new carpets were fitted as well as a fair bit of upholstery too around the bars and restaurants and corridors.

No doubt the engines are given a good service after 5 years work non stop.

Just back from Azura.

We were told that there will be new seats in the Atrium area and the stupid tables in the Manhattan will be changed. They are so close to the seating that unless you are a child you can't sit behind the table. This will make more seating available in Manhattan.

Hopefully the pizza oven will be back in use but at present they are still waiting for the Insurance company to sort out.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Ventura refit they managed to slot in 16 cabins ,by cutting off half the Exchange bar,on Azura this is already in place, a lot of new carpets were fitted as well as a fair bit of upholstery too around the bars and restaurants and corridors.

No doubt the engines are given a good service after 5 years work non stop.

On Oceana i was told they don't use all the engines and one is stripped down and rebuilt, even when at sea, then it goes back into service and the next one is refurbished etc etc. so does not having one engine provide enough safety reserve?

It is a shame the Pizzeria hasn't been available. The grill on the opposite side is excellent though!

The Pizzeria suffered a fire when I was on board. This was in May. Maybe they need a refit to repair an oven? Two months without it being repaired is somewhat third-rate.