Epic Photo Review – Specialty Dining - Menus - Freestyle Dailies - Deck Tours

megacruiser

Hey megacruiser

You visited the mandara spa? Could you tell me what is unisex and what is separated between men and women?

As I've read: the unisex is the loungers with pool and showers. The separate area contains dressing area, steam room, sauna and showers?

Thx for your reply!

The dressing rooms have showers and steam rooms. The Sauna and Sanarium adjoin the seating area and are communal.

Regards

megacruiser

Thanks for such an amazing review!!!! It has been so much help for me planning our fall Epic cruise!

Do you have O'sheehan's menu? I can't seem to find a recent one, but have read it has changed.

It's only now that you have asked this that I realise how remiss I have been in not photographing O'Sheehan's menu. I didn't like the atmosphere in there so never ordered any food. Hence it just slipped my mind, so sorry I can't help.

One thing I did notice was that Prime Rib was being advertised as a special in O'Sheehan's on one of the evenings.

Regards

megacruiser

Here are a few photos that were missed along the way...

Amuse Bouche at Le Bistro – sort of smoked salmon spread...

DSCF6510-3_zps71260c8b.jpg

Manhattan Room – probably the most striking space aboard...

DSCF1075-1_zps1f09eb2b.jpg

View across Wasabi to the central well and chandelier...

DSCF1687-9_zpsc9e2b9bc.jpg

Entrance to Splash Academy kids club on Deck 14...

DSCF0197-2_zps2c378df1.jpg

Looking down to the Box Office (for booking shows), outside the Epic Theatre...

EpicBoxOfficeFromAbove-1_zpsea22f171.jpg

Entrance to Fat Cats Jazz and Blues Club...

DSCF0241-1_zps66375758.jpg

Bar inside Headliners...

DSCF0813-6_zps8b8a498b.jpg

A rose between two thorns - Epic, Disney Magic and Regal Princess in Civitivecchia...

DSCF0680-Edit-5_zps328c3a9d.jpg

Ventura in Livorno, the last of the Grand-Class-based ships to have a retractable roof...

DSCF1144-8_zpsa00ce5a7.jpg

Sure thing. I didn't stay in the Studios last time on the Epic, but, I will admit to sampling the espresso during solos lounge open hours. I thought it was quite good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Good to see another Steeler fan on the forum. I am looking forward to next year's Steeler cruise. Didnt make last years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read the review start to finish, word for word, beautiful photo by beautiful photo this lazy October Saturday afternoon. The anticipation for our upcoming EPIC cruise is even more intense. Great review, beautiful photos and invaluable tips. Many thanks for your detailed review. :):D

I believe Slam has now left the Breakaway as well.

Slam was also on the Epic when it was in the Med. He was never just there for US sailings.

Slam was on Epic early days when Epic first launched in 2010 sailing out of Miami.

We spent two weeks on Epic in Sept 2010 and had the fortune of watching him most nights.

I am quite disappointed there will be no Jazz or Blues in Fat Cats when I sail next week.

Many thanks for commenting. Unfortunately I never dined in or visited the buffet at night. Nor did I dine in the MDR in the evening. Sorry I can't answer but I am sure others can help.

Regards

megacruiser

I don't blame you.

Taste and Manhattan Dining Room are the least favourite of any MDR's we have been on at sea.

We have chosen the UDP for our cruise next week. Works out that our holiday has cost us an extra £71 each which is well worth it when you get to eat at Cagneys and Le Bistro every night !

Looking forward to trying Moderno as I am a meat fan and last time we were on Epic my wife had decided she was going through a veggie period !

I've read the review start to finish, word for word, beautiful photo by beautiful photo this lazy October Saturday afternoon. The anticipation for our upcoming EPIC cruise is even more intense. Great review, beautiful photos and invaluable tips. Many thanks for your detailed review. :):D

I just spotted this. Many thanks for the kind comment. I really appreciate you taking the time to post and thanks too to those whom I may have missed.

Depart Venice on Queen Elizabeth on Friday - review will follow.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I just spotted this. Many thanks for the kind comment. I really appreciate you taking the time to post and thanks too to those whom I may have missed.

Depart Venice on Queen Elizabeth on Friday - review will follow.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I have also enjoyed this review. Really looking forward to getting back on Epic next Wednesday.

Hope you have a great cruise on QE look forward to the review

Thanks for the wonderful review. I just booked the Epic for the Med in May, 2015. I had glanced at your pics while we were just "considering" the booking but now that we're booked I read the entire thing in one sitting. LOL. Getting very excited for this cruise now. We are combining it with a visit to our son who recently left the states to live in Madrid.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the wonderful review. I just booked the Epic for the Med in May, 2015. I had glanced at your pics while we were just "considering" the booking but now that we're booked I read the entire thing in one sitting. LOL. Getting very excited for this cruise now. We are combining it with a visit to our son who recently left the states to live in Madrid.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Regards

megacruiser

I have also enjoyed this review. Really looking forward to getting back on Epic next Wednesday.

Hope you have a great cruise on QE look forward to the review

Thanks for the feedback. My Queen Elizabeth Review is now up and running. Although quite a different experience to NCL, primarily due to formality, traditional decor and onboard experiences (like ballroom dancing), interesting and very enjoyable in its own right...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2117605

Regards

megacruiser