Breeze - Which Itinerary? Southern or Eastern?

I was thinking of booking a Carnival Breeze cruise for next summer (family of 4 with older teen aged boys). Anyway I'm not sure which 8 day itinerary is better.

Southern goes to - Grand Turk, Dominican Rep, Curacua

Eastern goes to - St Maarten, St Kiits, San Juan and Grand Turk

I have been on several Eastern itineraries but on St Maarten from this itinerary. I 've been to St Maarten twice and don't feel the need to see it again. And since both go to Grand Turk I guess the question boils down to:

Do you like a) Curacau and Dominican Republic or b) St Kitts and San Juan better?

Thanks.

I was thinking of booking a Carnival Breeze cruise for next summer (family of 4 with older teen aged boys). Anyway I'm not sure which 8 day itinerary is better.

I have been on several Eastern itineraries but on St Maarten from this itinerary. I 've been to St Maarten twice and don't feel the need to see it again. And since both go to Grand Turk I guess the question boils down to:

Do you like a) Curacau and Dominican Republic or b) St Kitts and San Juan better?

Thanks.

Doesn't the southern go to Aruba also?? My friends just returned from same cruise and loved it! Both ship and ports were great. I'm in the process of booking it for Aug 2014..woo hoo, but I'm still looking for more info on the suites located on deck 7 midship 😀

Thanks.

Really depends on what you like..beach days or sight seeing..

We are booked on the 8 day southern for end of October.. We've been on the Eastern itinerary before and loved it.. The nice perk about the Southern is the one extra day.. its an 8 day.

We did the Breeze Southern itinerary last summer, and am planning to do it again later this year, or early next. I've been to the other ports with the exception of St. Kitts, and will probably do a the itinerary from San Juan that hits most of the "Saint" islands another time. The itinerary is great, and allows enough days/time to get a feel, and enjoy both the ports and ship. We didn't plan correctly/changed our plans for the D.R., so its my least favorite on that itinerary, but next time we'll stick with one of original plans for excursions, in place of just going into town, and being stuck with "shopping" at a flea/crafts market in the town square.

Really depends on what you like..beach days or sight seeing..

We are booked on the 8 day southern for end of October.. We've been on the Eastern itinerary before and loved it.. The nice perk about the Southern is the one extra day.. its an 8 day.

We are taking the 8 nights Eastern on the Breeze Sept 13,2014!

I vote for southern. Of course I just booked the southern itinerary on the breeze for September (stay away hurricanes!) and I have never been to the d.r. Aruba or Curacao but based on reviews from numerous posters on this site, it seems to be an incredible itinerary. I have been on the eastern sailing on another ship from sju and it was great also. I don't think you can go wrong with either although I'm guessing there is a price premium on the southern sailing. I honestly haven't been this excited for an upcoming cruise since at least 2012 or probably earlier. The breeze looks absolutely awesome.

Obviously you can see this is an opinion , depending on the person. Have done both just got back Memorial day from Eastern and going on Breeze to Southern on the fourth. Still like the Eastern best. Cannot fault those for Southern as it was fine

Thanks.

Curacao is our all time favorite Caribbean port....so I would always opt for that port. However, it all depends on if you have been to any of them before. If not, then either of the itineraries would be wonderful for you!

Edited by buddylover

I did the breeze southern cruise last thanksgiving and have personally been to all ports in question and I say Southern route!!! I loved my time in Grand turks and curacao and would return in a heartbeat. That being said I loved all the ports mentioned in both itineraries. Just do a both!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Im a little late to the party on this, but still planning this for this summer. If you had to rank the following ports that the two Breeze itineraries go to, in what order would you rank them (1 being best?). (And personally we get more out of the scenic, beachy / hiking ports than the sight-seeing and shopping):

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

San juan

Grand Turk

Dominican Republic

Curacao

Aruba

Its a little cheaper and the dates are better to do the Eastern but this will help me understand everyone's opinions of the various ports. THanks.