Cork Screw For Carry On Wine

There you go Bob's got it!!!

I'm headed there right now. I love to hear the dueling Disney whistles!!!

Cheryl

Sadly, their most whistle loving captain, Captain Guus, is with the Wonder in Alaska right now. He loves to play all 7 of the Mickey Whistle tunes! Most just play the When You Wish Upon A Star one on cue with the Sail Away show.

• 3 weeks later...

thumb.jpg

Hi,

Will this type of corkscrew get taken away at security in Barcelona for the Liberty of the Seas Med cruise? The foil cutter isnt sharp and can be run across the hands and nothing hapens.

Any help is appreciated.

Heck, I have started ordering the bottles of San Pellegrino water, and they have the old-fashioned bottle caps that need THIS kind of opener:

church%20key-500x500.jpg

And there isn't one. No one on board seems to have one. :eek:

FYI, and for future reference...apparently, there is a way to use a ring (wedding or other) in place of this type of opener. My son opened a beer bottle for me using his wedding ring, just the other day. (you don't take off the ring)

(Google it)

thumb.jpg

Hi,

Will this type of corkscrew get taken away at security in Barcelona for the Liberty of the Seas Med cruise? The foil cutter isnt sharp and can be run across the hands and nothing hapens.

Any help is appreciated.

The foil cutter looks like a knife to me.

Shak

Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

I would not take the chance if this is something of value to you. At the very least, I would put in in your checked bag, so that if it gets taken, they will likely give it back at the end of the cruise.

That is kind of what I thought, the foil cutter is only an inch long.

A corkscrew without a knife are allowed in your carryon bag but I have read some posts that the cruise line has taken theirs away. If taking one I would pack it in my carry on at the cruise terminal, that way if the cruise line wants to confiscate it they can do it then and there avoiding the chance of having your checked bag being held up.

I would also suggest you pack it near the top of the bag so TSA or cruise security can check it quickly.

Shak

Search Results For:

corkscrew (with no blade)

icon_check_carry.pngCheck or Carry-on

You may transport this item in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage. For items you wish to carry-on, you should check with the airline to ensure that the item will fit in the overhead bin or underneath the seat of the airplane.

To help officers get a clear look at your bag and reduce the need for additional screening, we suggest you pack your bag in neat layers (layer of clothes, layer of electronics, layer of clothes, layer of shoes, etc.) and wrap cords tightly around electronics items.

Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with TSA on whether to allow any items on the plane.

Anyone else find it humorous that they will confiscate your corkscrew with a 1 inch foil cutting blade in the name of safety, yet bring you a steak knife with dinner?

When we went on our Disney cruise a corkscrew was on the list of suggested to bring items. I brought my sommelier knife and didn't draw a second glance from the security folks.

[quote name='Sitzmark']Anyone else find it humorous that they will confiscate your corkscrew with a 1 inch foil cutting blade in the name of safety, yet bring you a steak knife with dinner?

When we went on our Disney cruise a corkscrew was on the list of suggested to bring items. I brought my sommelier knife and didn't draw a second glance from the security folks.[/quote]

I am still dismayed that I can no longer carry my 1 1/2 inch pocket knife that I have carried for 30 years but as the old saying goes it is their sandbox. If you need a foil cutter borrow the steak knife. A butter knife will work too.

The following is the first item on Disney Cruises prohibited list:

Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knives—including dive knives—swords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances

[URL]https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/[/URL]

Shak