Semi LIVE Review:Oasis of the Seas - June 21, 2014 - Western Caribbean

These are some awesome pictures of Ms. Oasis Sailing away from Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks MisterMom.

We flew in Saturday just so I could see my TRUE love, the Lady Oasis, sail away. We even made arrangements to some lovely new friends from our roll call there! You know who you are...

There she is ready to leave me.

41793354_zpse67b4196.jpg

Stare into my eyes. You know you want to stay.

41775819_zpsfe76ed17.jpg

Don't you sail on by...

41759455_zpsf5ad0337.jpg

41742045_zps5b7f414a.jpg

41719940_zps5ff2e51b.jpg

41699582_zpsabb16488.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis MDR Day 2 Dinner Menu...thanks megacruiser

Day 2

Here is the main dining room menu for Day 2

SCAN0001_zpse97dac1d.jpg

"]SCAN0002_zps992fe325.jpg

Every night they had Escargot. I am not a huge fan but decided to get it one night.

14549618694_e0b63af3f5_c.jpg

One night they had Bay Scallop Augratin was like Escargot but with Bay Scallops.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Your lovely review has something for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I love the Oasis and the Allure.:)

Happy sails.

Kathy

I'm glad you are enjoying it, Kathy. By the way my middle name is Katherine and my family and close friends call me Kathie.

As you probably can tell Ms. Oasis and her Sister are some of my favs as well. :D

Thank you for posting a comment and for riding with a sister. I hope you will come back for more. :cool:

Every ship has it's theme with art work and décor to go along with that theme. Can anyone guess what Ms. Oasis' theme is?

Here are some lovely pictures to help you decide. Every stairway has a different picture. One day perhaps I will have a picture of all of the Art Work in every stairway.

14364609508_fc86a6a1b4_c.jpg

The one below is one of my FAV!!

14550356332_95ca0218c2_c.jpg

14550357172_754feac1c6_c.jpg

14364654909_147fa3eb7e_c.jpg

14528186776_9de5e04dd0_c.jpg

Of course these pics don't do the actual art pieces any justice.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis Day 4 Falmouth, Jamaica

Ms. Rosalee and I had decided to do a private tour on day four in Falmouth. I had toured with this guide previously and really enjoyed it. Since it was just the two of us we were able to have complete control of the tour. We had breakfast at Johnny Rockets before leaving the ship. It turned out to be pretty good. I have never eaten at Johnny Rockets for breakfast before. (Boardwalk deck 6 Aft)

No charge for this breakfast and you can order your eggs as you want them. Ms. Rosalee ordered scrambled and I ordered fried hard.

14517727451_fb6906cff3_c.jpg

You get a wonderful view of the Ocean on the Boardwalk.

14334465060_70f27f7119_c.jpg

This view is from a Boardwalk Balcony Cabin.

14505999934_a61e8c883f_c.jpg

14551158145_e52064e45f_c.jpg

14364704747_7dd3a268b5_c.jpg

14550247422_fca44ee09e_c.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

More of the fabulous Crown Loft Suite

Please allow me to take a pause here and back track a little. I just have to post these pics. I have been searching for some pics that show the staircase in the suite. I finally found some and they are fabulous! Thanks volunteer cruiser. :cool:

Hard to believe this is on a cruise ship!

Check out the beautiful towel animal on the chair. Now THAT is a towel animal! And how about that wonderful view of the Disney ship?

I splurged and stayed in crown loft suite 1748 on Allure. It is luxurious and hip. My husband and daughter also stayed in suite. Noone complained of any motion. We sailed end of May this year. You and your husband will enjoy this unique suite.

178934_239947639450689_209580507_n.jpg

600381_239947666117353_1366420641_n.jpg

599373_239947606117359_845583567_n.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Back to Day 3, the Boardwalk and the Balloon Man. After we finished our Johnny Rocket's breakfast we took our obligatory pics with the Balloon Man:

14550247202_df6474d875_c.jpg

14334514899_a05c9e6fcb_c.jpg

Boardwalk Balconies

14364543529_c6faae1bda_c.jpg

Please feel free to share your Balloon Man pics here as well.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Wonderful views of Boardwalk with Balloon Man. The Ocean and Aqua Theatre from a Boardwalk view Cabin. Thanks megacruiser.

I had carefully chosen this location as offering good value for money and being at the stern end of the Boardwalk it was afforded views across the sea beyond the Aquatheater.

LabadeeNikon067_zpsf5107af5.jpg

LabadeeNikon064_zpsbcedb514.jpg

bellyflop_zps719e266e.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

The Boardwalk is one of my fav places on the ship. It just has that carnival feel and I love carnivals and Amusement Parks and the Boardwalk area on Oasis does not disappoint.

Oasis Night Time on the Boardwalk. Thanks caneguy

After the show a nightcap in Central Park and then I took out the camera to take some pictures of the Boardwalk late at night. I have to say that these two pictures are in my top favorites of this review. Please post what was your favorite pictures of this review.

Boardwalkatnight_zpsf50417f9.jpg

G

Boardwalkatnight2_zps31d09c91.jpg

Oasis Day 4 Falmouth, Jamaica

As stated earlier we decided on a private tour for this port. We had complete control of our time. We could stop for pictures or do a drive by. It was our choice. We even stopped one time at a grocery store for water, snacks and any sundry items we needed for the rest of our cruise.

We ate lunch at a restaurant where the locals eat and I must say the meat pies were DELISH! Sorry I was so busy eating I don't believe I got a pic of that meal. While at the Restaurant we were also able to visit with a friend that we had met on previous mission trips to Falmouth. It was good to catch up and here what had been going on with her and her family.

The driver/tour guide, Don, is from Falmouth and so is very knowledgeable. He gave us a lot of historical info (and a lot of Urban Legends ;) ) as we drove along. I also know him as one of the drivers we used on previous Mission trips to Falmouth as well as our personal Tour Guide on other RCCL Cruises. So we were very comfortable hiring him.

It was a great tour and at the end I even had a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cone. The DQ was one of the shops right at the pier. Of course I heard it from Ms Rosalee about that purchase. "You came all the way to Jamaica to get a DQ Ice Cream Cone!" I had to explain to her that somebody had to check it out to be sure the quality was up to speed. Guess what? IT WAS!!!

Don't forget to get off early enough at each Port to get your picture taken by the ships's photographers. No obligation to buy. I will post about the Photo Package later. When I cruise with a lot of family and friends we usually buy the all photos included and DVD Photo Package. Ms. Rosalee and I decided we didn't need to purchase it this cruise. We felt our personal picture taking would be sufficient.

14521099385_3c28dac893_b.jpg

14541216003_ee14065fa2_b.jpg

14506190622_33eba1f4d2_b.jpg

14506194962_4ab95a48f1_b.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis Day 4 Falmouth, Jamaica Continued

She's looks GRAND doesn't she?

14484232626_9763d6f730_c.jpg

Me and Ms. Rosalee with our Tour Guide, Don.

14320671497_c7b139681a_c.jpg

This is the area of shops where the Dairy Queen is located. Be sure to check it out.

14320730039_07d944375f_c.jpg

Next up some of those Urban Legends....;)

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis Day 4 Falmouth' date=' Jamaica

As stated earlier we decided on a private tour for this port. We had complete control of our time. We could stop for pictures or do a drive by. It was our choice. We even stopped one time at a grocery store for water, snacks and any sundry items we needed for the rest of our cruise.

[/quote']

Would you mind sharing the cost? Also website address?

Thanks Sunny AZ Girl for these are great pictures of Balcony Cabin with bed by closet on Allure.

It looks same for Oasis. I have sailed in Balcony with bed by closet with 3 in the cabin and found it very annoying when someone needed to get in closet. You deal with it but given the choice as stated earlier I prefer bed by Balcony.

For couples it may not be much difference in space but when you have to separate the beds it will impact the area some what. Also when bed is by Balcony we will turn them so the head of the bed is towards the balcony and with the beds separated you have that space to get to the balcony and it creates more space between foot of bed and sofa.

We had the bed by the closet on our Allure cruise and that was really my preference. I enjoy looking out at the ocean while sitting on the sofa. We have a Boardwalk balcony (last cabin aft, deck 11) which I discovered is the same configuration and I am very happy with it.

We are not small people and I truly did not find I had a problem getting into the closet. If I hadn't been reading CC I would not have known this was considered a problem.:confused: Yes, only one of us at a time had access, but that wasn't a big issue for us. We did not have to lift our luggage over the bed to get it in. It fit fine. We put it on the bed when we brought it in, unpacked and stuffed it under the bed as always.

I prefer easy access to the balcony than to the closet. After all, the balcony is my draw and reason for booking this room, not the closet. The room is the same size no matter the configuration with the same amount of available floor space. I would not stress over this at all. It was a wonderful cruise. And when it all came down to it we spent probably the least amount of time in this cabin as we have spent in any cabin in our cruising lives. In my book of memories, this was one of the best cruises ever!

DSC07786-L.jpg

DSC07784-L.jpg

Has anyone heard of the legend of the White Witch of Falmouth? The first pictures are of the gate that leads to her home.

And the last pictures are the school of the fastest man in the world. Does anyone know who he is?

More info after I give YOU a chance to respond. :cool:

14320666560_31e6203fd9_c.jpg

14505971414_039a58a6d3_c.jpg

14505973174_447f2e64e5_c.jpg

14503931661_807eb5cc27_c.jpg

Oasis Johnny Rockets Breakfast Menu and Debarkation Breakfast choices (and other info)

Please see post #259 for our JR experience this cruise. Breakfast at JR is a price we all can afford, FREE. :D :cool:

JR is open for Debarkation.

Thanks clarea for the posts below.

JR breakfast menu:

DSC06210_zps0e0093ab.jpg

Here is a link to a recent departure flyer which will show the breakfast choices:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43194396&postcount=2

Edited by ILuvCruisin'