Semi LIVE Review:Oasis of the Seas - June 21, 2014 - Western Caribbean

So after I and my friend had our Roast Beef Sandwich, our wife's and the girls wanted to go to the Solarium for lunch, so off we went...

The Solarium has a very nice selection of items that are a bit more healthy (or so say the experts who have never tasted that Roast Beef Sandwich!).

SolariumLunch4_zpsd06ebd0d.jpg

SolariumLunch3_zpsb8eddb60.jpg

SolariumLunch2_zpsccbf57fe.jpg

SolariumLunch_zps4a8e0e28.jpg

The selections at the Solarium for lunch[/Quote]

I have never eaten at the solarium but when I saw these pictures I sent next time I better try it. Thanks Caneguy for the pics.

Thanks to megacruiser for these wonderful Oasis balcony cabin pics (with bed by balcony and not by closet). Balcony cabin is the norm for me but this time around the cabin choice was made by someone else. We sailed this cruise in an inside. I will post pics of inside also.

After lunch I dragged my hand luggage to a peaceful spot in the Solarium where I planned to lounge until cabins were ready at 1.30. I took the opportunity to have a dip in one of the cantilevered hot tubs extending out from the ships superstructure.

Although it looks like one big communal tub it is actually split into two, with a divider hidden beneath the waterline.

The cabin was everything I expected and I had the type with the bed nearest the balcony, something about which I had been ambivalent but in practice I felt it was the better layout for access to the wardrobe.

LabadeeNikon059_zps309d7622.jpg

LabadeeNikon072_zps6840d6b4.jpg

I liked the easy accessibility of power points and the lighting was just right, not too harsh. I thought the en-suite was fine, not unduly small. Celebrity’s Solstice-Class feel bigger but I had no complaints other than the shower water pressure was tangibly weaker then on the Independence.

LabadeeNikon077_zpsaa1e53fc.jpg

LabadeeNikon068_zps32a6eabf.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Thanks again to caneguy for these lovely Oasis Jr. Suite pics.

day one cont.

jrsuitebathroom2_zpsd0590463.jpg

Real tub and shower

So now I understand RCCI reason for giving me this upgrade. A new way to increase revenue on future bookings! Boy this is going to cost me! After seeing this, I guess now I have to always book this type of cabin, it is so nice! We had originally book an ocean balcony. I don't ever want to get an upgrade to the Aqua Theater Suite :)

So we unpacked and then walked around and waited for the Muster drill, you know, seven short blasts followed by one long blast (insert your favorite fart joke here and laugh, I always laugh at fart jokes having that 11 year old humor).

Oasis walking the length of the ship

I have been meaning to mention what a chore it is if you have to go Aft to Forward or vice versa. To avoid the feeling that I will never arrive I always walk the length of the ship on Deck 5 the Promenade or Deck 8 Central Park. Both areas have so much to see to keep your mind occupied that before you know it you will have arrived.

megacruiser says it I beautifully:

Central Park is like as an open air Royal Promenade running exactly the same length - between the forward and aft elevators. Each is best thought of as a main artery, not just for accessing a venue located on either, but to move from one end of the ship to the other: for example the Opus Dining Room or the Windjammer to the aft; or the Opal Theatre or Solarium located forward. I reiterate what I said earlier; best never to use corridors to travel the length of the ship between the two sets of elevators. Always make your way to Deck 5 or Deck 8 and enjoy what either has to offer as you traverse them. My preference was Central Park, possibly because it is a new innovation and so beautiful, with new things to spot every time, because there are, arguably, 12 different routes that can be taken.

Day4Interiors067_zps61ec517d.jpg

I will do the same on this deck as I did on Deck 5; take you along one side then back along the other. We are starting near the aft elevators.

Looking to the right we see Rising Tide bar behind the three and to the right is 150 Central Park…

oasisday2090_zps78f07428.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Thanks to megacruiser for these wonderful pictures:

QUOTE=megacruiser;41794166]Deck 5

Before continuing with the day-by-day review let’s pause and have a look what Deck 5 has to offer.

Day4Interiors055_zps4da7a4fc.jpg

Opus 5 MyTime Dining is all the way aft, to the left. The Opal Theatre upper level is all the way forward to the right.

I will guide you along the Royal Promenade and back again. I will start at Guest Services near the Rising Tide bar on the left hand side of the plan and work my way down the port side to On Air at the forward elevators, then return up the starboard side to the Champagne Bar near the aft elevators.

Day5Oasis008_zps957fc241.jpg

The trademark "car on the prom" looking aft to Regalia, Guest Services and Cafe Promenade.

Day4Interiors032_zps39efb231.jpg

Guest Relations

CafePromenade_zps421c1889.jpg

Cafe Promenade

BoradwalkandSnacks009_zps71abfcd9.jpg

Favourite afternoon snack from Café Promenade

Ham, cheese and tomato croissant. They seem to have been around forever, as I had my first one on the Voyager in the last millennium! Still why change a wining formula when they are still as delicious as ever. It's the moistness that makes them so good. Oh, and a choc chip cookie… ;)

Oasis Inside cabin

Everyone kept saying the inside would not matter. That you are not in the cabin except to sleep and dress so it wouldn't matter. For me it did. I missed seeing when and where we docked. I missed looking out at the ocean whenever I wanted to. I missed the sunrise and the sun set. I missed hearing the waves and the birds. When I was in the cabin writing posts for this review I felt like I was missing the outside. The price was good but for me I may not need a balcony but I hope from now on I can at least get a window.

Our bed was by the closet which was ok except for when you needed to get in the closet and the other person was sitting on their bed.

With the beds separated the room was really a lot tighter and we needed both night stands plus if you removed them and moved the beds closer together then you really did not have two separate beds.

The cabin across the hall was an inside as well and it was actually bigger than ours and it had the beds by the wall where the window would be. With the two beds separated they had much more room in between than we did. Our cabin was just cramped.

This shows how close bed is to closet:

14364704997_4d41b77f3f_c.jpg

I found these on another site:

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Cabin 10425 inside cabin: bed by the wall where window would mormally be:

P1040523.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

More Oasis Inside Cabin. This is how our's looked with beds apart. Also please be aware the only outlet on this wall is behind the bed closest to the couch. There are others on desk and under desk. No useable outlets in the bathroom.

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Inside-Cabin.jpg

Inside cabin 8553: Taken by a CC member (not me) and I forget the member's name, so if he or she will speak up I'll be glad to give them credit. Sorry!

IMG_0047.jpg?t=1279899529

IMG_0048.jpg?t=1279899529

IMG_0049.jpg?t=1279899529

Yay! Those are my pictures. :)

A few of my things have been resurfacing on here lately: rooms pictures, room-service menus, etc.

negrilbride- I hope you enjoy 8553 as well as your first cruise!

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Just read through your review. THANK YOU very much for taking the time to post your adventure. We get to sail Allure in Jan.

Mouse's Shadow you are so welcome and thank you for taking the time to read my review. Also, a thank you for taking time to post a comment. Hopefully some of the lurkers will do the same as it helps to know that people are finding the info useful.

January will be here before you know it. I have also sailed Allure so if you have any questions please ask away.

I hope you will come back as we have a lot more to tell! :cool:

Cabin crawl continued Central Park Balcony cabin

Theses are wonderful cabins if you want to get a balcony with a park feeling. Just remember your view never changes like it does for Regular Balcony or even Boardwalk Balconies.

You will get to enjoy the musicians that play some nights and it is like having a box seat at the theatre.

14539214593_328246bb58_c.jpg

14518029452_a04f269bb4_c.jpg

Views from Central Park Balcony Cabin

Where you see the brown with the window are Central Park View Cabins (those without Balconies)

14517698184_5c0a863736_c.jpg

14332660347_7d39e24760_c.jpg

14515724181_063dc1c195_c.jpg

This is where the rising tide bar rises to. It travels from Deck 5 Promenade to Deck 8 Central Park.

14332509909_079acb50a9_c.jpg

Oasis Crown Loft Suite

By Linda Garrison

"The 673-square-foot (category A3) to 823-square-foot (category A1) AquaTheater Suites were my favorite suites on the Oasis of the Seas. Located at the stern of the ship, all six of these suites on the Oasis of the Seas feature private, wrap-around balconies ranging in size from 610-square-feet to 772-square-feet. These huge balconies offer views of the ocean, the Aqua-Theater, and the Boardwalk on the Oasis of the Seas. The balcony has comfortable seating, a table for six, and an outdoor bar.

These family suites can accommodate up to eight guests in the two separate bedrooms (one with two Pullman beds and 2 twin beds), two full baths, and a double convertible sofa in the sitting area. Both baths have vanity with chair, and the sitting area has a dining table, marble entry, and entertainment center."

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3566.JPG

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3544.JPG

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3549.JPG

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3565.JPG

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3543.JPG

Be sure to check YouTube for all the great videos on this one and on the Crown Loft.

Oasis Aqua Theatre Suite Continued....these balconies are AMAZING!!!!!!

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3547.JPG

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3559.JPG

Oasis_AquaTheater_Suite_3551.JPG

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis Crown Loft Suite two stories of luxury with two stories of windows so the view is absolutely AMAZING!!!

By Linda Garrison

"The Crown Loft suites measure 545 square feet or larger. The loft bedroom overlooks the living area below. The downstairs sitting area has a couch, chaise lounge, LCD television, guest bathroom, and 114-square foot balcony with ocean views. The loft bed offers views of the ocean through the large 17-foot, floor to ceiling windows below. The upstairs master bathroom features his and her shower heads, fog-free mirrors, and limestone mosaic tile."

Oasis_Crown_Loft_Suite_3264.JPG

oasis21.jpg

5016937083_980114d4ab_z.jpg

5017545208_e860911ff4_z.jpg

5017544656_b69b4bf56a_z.jpg

5016936571_39113001ff_z.jpg

Pics by Paul Dickerson

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis Crown Loft Suite two stories of luxury with two stories of windows so the view is absolutely AMAZING!!!

By Linda Garrison

"The Crown Loft suites measure 545 square feet or larger. The loft bedroom overlooks the living area below. The downstairs sitting area has a couch' date=' chaise lounge, LCD television, guest bathroom, and 114-square foot balcony with ocean views. The loft bed offers views of the ocean through the large 17-foot, floor to ceiling windows below. The upstairs master bathroom features his and her shower heads, fog-free mirrors, and limestone mosaic tile."

[img']http://0.tqn.com/d/cruises/1/0/y/E/5/Oasis_Crown_Loft_Suite_3264.JPG[/img]

oasis21.jpg

5016937083_980114d4ab_z.jpg

5017545208_e860911ff4_z.jpg

5017544656_b69b4bf56a_z.jpg

5016936571_39113001ff_z.jpg

Pics by Paul Dickerson

This is amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Wayfinders are touch screens that help you find your way around the ship. They are located in various areas around the ship. You can also use them to locate the least busy dining venues, get info on activities and to get directions from where you are to any other location. We used them all the time.

14364562889_abf90a0d05_c.jpg

They also use the Wayfinders Debarkation Day...don't worry I'm just showing this now...please stay along for the ride...we still have more to go...:cool:

14547865171_ffffc927df_c.jpg

Oasis Day 1 MDR Menu...thanks megacruiser

Day 1 Evening – Dinner in Opus Dining Room (MDR), Hairspray in the Opal Theatre and then Oasis of Dreams in the Aquatheater.

I had pre-booked all of the main shows and all but one evening meal. The show timings were such I had no option but to do two on the first night, otherwise it meant doing an afternoon show. I recommend pre-booking, as those who wait until boarding may have to accept bad timings or miss out altogether. The slight down side is that a lot of spontaneity is removed. It’s also easy to forget what you have booked but your daily planner displays all arranged shows and dining times and can be accessed easily on your in room TV.

DSCF4295_zps273bd47b.jpg

As for the meal itself I thought for main dining room food it was pretty ok; and in fact the Prime Rib was excellent, better than the Filet Mignon in Chops Grille… but more on that later.

SCAN0001_zps56caa90b.jpg

SCAN0002_zps5636a013.jpg

Outside lounge area for Gold Card members only.

If you keep going up you will finally arrive at this

14547773661_47f0a7be2d_c.jpg

14364723007_70707e2eed_c.jpg

It is for the Gold Card holders which are suite guests. I took a little tour just to see what it was all about.

14364579488_8bc1052515_c.jpg

14528097676_99280735e9_c.jpg

14551176855_95fd451cff_c.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Thanks for all the pics! We leave in few weeks!

You are soooo welcome staceyvols. Thank you for reading it and many, many thanks for posting a message.

You are going to have a ball!!! :D

Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Please be sure to come back as I have a lot more to share.....galley tour...helipad reception...Jamaica private tour...and so much more :cool:

Edited by ILuvCruisin'