Semi LIVE Review:Oasis of the Seas - June 21, 2014 - Western Caribbean

Yes' date=' I went to "Meet the Stars" yesterday and Cats is replacing Hairspray after dry dock. (Dry dock is 3 weeks and begins Oct 30)[/quote']

I think you meant September. I'm on the westbound "Bringing Oasis Home" Transatlantic cruise that begins on October 14th, dry dock will be during the weeks before that date. We arrive at Port Everglades on 10/27.

Solarium Views: this is a wonderful place for serenity. I went in there and fell asleep it is soooo peaceful. The large brown chairs up near the windows are so comfy. They have pillows in them and a padded seat. I got two towels and covered the pillows and padding , got real comfy and immediately feel asleep. Slept real good too!

14526753023_510651e0a8_c.jpg

14526734363_a5f510a96c_c.jpg

14505517002_22e8afba50_c.jpg

14320030990_0f153c5cb4_c.jpg

You must be 16 to enter this space. It also includes a restaurant and a bar. It is one of my favorite places on any cruise ship and Ms. O does it Royally!!!

I'm ready to go and normally will post a review with lots of pics when I return but I decided to try this one "LIVE". If there is any interest please let me know by posting a comment. If not I'll keep it till I get back.

No thanks, I'm good.

Solarium Views: this is a wonderful place for serenity. I went in there and fell asleep it is soooo peaceful. The large brown chairs up near the windows are so comfy. They have pillows in them and a padded seat. I got two towels and covered the pillows and padding ' date=' got real comfy and immediately feel asleep. Slept real good too!

[img']https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5592/14526753023_510651e0a8_c.jpg[/img]

14526734363_a5f510a96c_c.jpg

14505517002_22e8afba50_c.jpg

14320030990_0f153c5cb4_c.jpg

You must be 16 to enter this space. It also includes a restaurant and a bar. It is one of my favorite places on any cruise ship and Ms. O does it Royally!!!

I love your pictures! Thank you for posting them. Looking forward to the rest of your review. DH and I will be on Oasis this November, first time sailing this ship class.

Giovanni's embarkation luncheon. Specialty Restaurant extra $$'s...deck 8 Central Park.

14484238126_07a2f8fccd_c.jpg

Hi - did you book Giovannis before you boarded or did you just turn up to lunch? And how much was it as I have heard (read on CC) that sometimes they do a bargain price to get people in? Was it busy?

I love your pictures! Thank you for posting them. Looking forward to the rest of your review. DH and I will be on Oasis this November, first time sailing this ship class.

luv2zdworld, I am glad you are enjoying the pictures. To know that cruisers are enjoying them makes me feel that the time spent posting them is worth it. So thank you for taking the time to post a comment.

You are going to love this ship class. Anything in particular you looking forward to?

Stay tuned for more! :cool:

We didn't discover the solarium until nearly the end of our cruise when we were on the Allure. I'm really looking forward to spending some time in there on the Oasis next year. Thank you for the wonderful pictures.

You are so welcome Sunny AZ Girl! And thank you for riding with a sister!:cool:

I used iPhone, iPad and digital camera to take pics and haven't downloaded all of them yet. I am pretty sure I have more of solarium and will post them when I run into them. So please be sure to come back.

Hi - did you book Giovannis before you boarded or did you just turn up to lunch? And how much was it as I have heard (read on CC) that sometimes they do a bargain price to get people in? Was it busy?

little britain, I was traveling with a group and someone else booked Giovanni's for our embarkation lunch. I know they prebooked it as we had the info to meet there a couple of weeks ago. The cost is $15 lunch and $20 for dinner.

A few times we did notice them trying to drum up business for the speciality restaurants. With the exception of Chops none of them seemed busy through out the cruise.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

This cruise a couple things happened concerning my Diamond Status:

- I received my Crystal Award for 140 days. It was kinda cool to get it as I wasn't expecting it. It was also bitter sweet as it added a lot of weight to my bag.:eek:

- I couldn't get my usual cranberry juice in the DL. I have always gotten it and didn't realize that the bartenders on other sailings were supplying me with something that is not on the "List".

- Concierge this cruise was first day on the job. I wish him well.

There is a new program they are rolling out that I guess is to help with overcrowding in Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge (which I have never felt on any Oasis class ship) and also to give you options when traveling with others who are not Diamond or above.

Three drink vouchers will be loaded onto Sea Pass card each night of cruise during lounge hours.This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

One of the surprises that you may receive from your wonderful cabin steward are towel animals. For those who are used to getting them every night please inform your cabin steward that you would like to get them every night as on some ships and some sailings the process has changed. My understanding is that it will only happen on formal nights unless you request it more often.

I love these little creatures and we have always looked forward to guessing what we will have each night.

14332478908_9209e0b0e2_c.jpg

14505975432_6bcffc4d86_c.jpg

14320671027_9d37e0c35a_b.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

This is one of the young ladies from the Quinceañera celebration which took place onboard. It is a coming of age celebration. The young ladies were so beautiful.

The two younger girls thought the older girl was a Princess and asked their Mom if they could take a picture with her. Priceless!!!

14551158885_456aa6dd38_h.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

It's not a very good picture but this is the award for 140 days of sailing with RCCL.

It's actually crystal and came in the Blue Box that's in the picture.

14334540319_810e2552f2_c.jpg

Wow, that is so cool!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

It's not a very good picture but this is the award for 140 days of sailing with RCCL.

It's actually crystal and came in the Blue Box that's in the picture.

14334540319_810e2552f2_c.jpg

Wow' date=' that is so cool!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote']

JC it was pretty cool especially since I wasn't expecting it. Evidently you get your first one at 140 sail days and then one every 70 days after that. So get ready!

Ms Lillie and the Cruise Director Mr Jimmy Rhodes. He is already practicing with Rosetta Stone as he will be moving to Quantum when she comes to New Jersey and then making the move as she goes across the ocean. He's one of my Fav CD's.

14505764514_24c3eb8864_b.jpg

On vacation you sometimes forget the day of the week. Well RCCL helps you by putting the day of the week in the elevator for you. Just look down as you enter the elevator and VOILA....there it is!!! Don't try to catch them changing it as it is done by a secret society, at an unannounced time when no one is looking....

14364679087_216202fe5d_b.jpg