Semi LIVE Review:Oasis of the Seas - June 21, 2014 - Western Caribbean

Finally the SCOBCFNI discovers this item. Does anyone know what this is?

14320509408_3592343796_c.jpg

Ok so the item that looked like a corkscrew to the X-ray security lady turned out to be a Toe Nail Clipper.

About round 6 SCOBCFNI discovered the Toe Nail Clipper, removed it from my bag, sent my bag back thru security and VOILA!!! no items on the X-ray that appear to be a corkscrew.

The SCOBCFNI hands me the Toe Nail Clipper announcing that it is an allowable item. No kidding I think. He then sets my bag with the items all disassembled on the table used to check for naughty items and proceeds to attempt to close it. Of course, she needed a momma's tender loving care so I proceeded to repack everything so we could be on our way to Checkin.

I don't know about you but the Toe Nail Clipper does not resemble any corkscrew I have seen.

In the end I know it was Murphy once again trying to mess with me.

On to CHECKIN!!!!

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

This nice man was happy to check us in and take our security picture for our SeaPass.

14308218560_beb9bf494e_c.jpg

For the Newbies your SeaPass is the size of a credit card and in fact is used for making purchases during your cashless voyage. It is also your cabin key, has your Main Dining Room Table Number and your Photo Folio Number.

After Checkin Ms Rosalee and I took our Embarkation picture and there was no waiting so we went right to the gangway. You can see the background of the photo in the area behind the Checkin guy.

Walking the gangway to get on the ship you have a view of the luggage being loaded and an up close view of the tenders.

14332532038_62f5208d8a_o.jpg

14332456000_12d4747019_c.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Ain't she BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

This is Aft showing Rock Climbing Wall' date=' Aqua Theatre and Boardwalk Balcony cabins

Also Shhhhh....don't tell anyone...in the fore front you get a view of the secret balconies where you can go to relax or watch the Aqua show and pretend it is all yours because it probably will be...

[img']https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5559/14308256209_292f8bd710_c.jpg[/img]

Can you tell me more about the secret balconies and how you get to them? Thanks!:)

Can you tell me more about the secret balconies and how you get to them? Thanks!:)

Just walk all the way aft on decks 11, 12, and 14, both port and starboard.

That is right. Thanks clarea. If you look the secret balconies are on 6 different decks. So just walk aft and keep walking until you can't walk any more. Sometimes I go to the Aqua Theatre (Boardwalk - deck 6), before walking down into the seating area continue to either port or starboard side and then walk up the stairs to one of the secret balconies.

These balconies are so huge they are like decks and mostly remain unused as people either think they belong to a certain cabin or are not sure how to get to them.

But now YOU ALL know!!! I can keep a secret but this one I had to tell.... Easy to find if you know how. ;).

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Additional Secret Balcony commentary

There are also public balconies on decks 11 & 12 in the same aft area.

These are the better of the public balconies on the ship. These are what everyone refers to as the "Secret Balconies". Those balcony areas next to the rock climbing walls are not as large as the ones on Deck 11 & 12.

But as mentioned the more commonly referred to "secret" or "public" aft balconies are on decks 11, 12, & 14 (there is no deck 13 on Oasis class ships) as the Rock Wall (not "Rockwell") balcony on deck 7 is an activities area typically used by those climbing the Rock Wall versus enjoying the open balcony. (Decks 8, 9, & 10 are the private Aqua Theater Suite balconies).

Pics of and from Secret Balconies...(and one lil extra shot of Serenade of the Seas).....these are awesome! thanks mega cruiser...

Headed up to the “Secret Balcony” on Deck 11 aft starboard, as I wanted to see what I had read about. About twenty or so deck chairs are up there. Good spot for sailaways.

SECRETBALCONYBACKLOUNGERS_zps7f79292c.jpg

SECRETBALCONYBACK_zps558d5e24.jpg

View down and acros to the "secret balcony" on the other side

BoradwalkandSnacks082_zps8e92782e.jpg

Great views down to the Aquatheatre…

OASISSECRETBALCONY_zps6052cf72.jpg

And as the sun starts to go down the rock climbing walls are brightly illuminated. Top right is one of the control rooms needed for the various shows.

DSCF4914_zps5b02db3c.jpg

Serenade of the Seas departed before us and made a turn turn right in front of us just as the sun was setting.

That is right. Thanks clarea. If you look the secret balconies are on 6 different decks. So just walk aft and keep walking until you can't walk any more. Sometimes I go to the Aqua Theatre (Boardwalk - deck 6)' date=' before walking down into the seating area continue to either port or starboard side and then walk up the stairs to one of the secret balconies.

These balconies are so huge they are like decks and mostly remain unused as people either think they belong to a certain cabin or are not sure how to get to them.

But now YOU ALL know!!! I can keep a secret but this one I had to tell.... Easy to find if you know how. ;).[/quote']

How can a person in a wheelchair get to these decks with steps?

Thank you!:)

We were supposed to meet the Roll Call folks at the Sky Bar but alas right after Muster it started raining and we didn't know about Plan B until days later.

So Ms Rosalee and I were on the pool deck where there is covering and some nice deck chairs to watch Sailaway.

Saying goodby to the Princess ship and our pre cruise Hotel (Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina) off in the distance.

14364451970_7853e91a01_c.jpg

Bye Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina and the bridge

14364451650_11e2fa8b56_c.jpg

Bye Ft Lauderdale!

14528054336_68393aa402_c.jpg

The "tug boats" lead us out

14364498979_4c3bd4da23_c.jpg

Time to sail!!!!

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

bling19572010 there is always the route going Aft down the corridor. Hopefully there isn't a doorway step to maneuver.

There is a step from what I remember to get on to the Sundeck -- deck 14 all the way forward (over the Solarium). You go up the port side of deck 14 from the forward elevators.

Which is a shame, becaus it's a nice quiet area -- albeit very windy!!

I ran into some great pics of the Beach Pool on the Pool Deck area and the location of the Cabanas on Labadee

Thanks At Sea 4Ever.

Day 3: Labadoozies in Labadee

After a day on the high seas, we arrived in Labadee Haiti! Labadee is always a great beach day but like I mentioned in my first post we would not be embarking the ship all week. Today our beach day would be slightly different. It's located on deck 15 and has an umbrella waiting. That's right, you guessed it, we were doing an excursion to the beach pool! We figured since it was a port day that we could sleep a little bit longer as opposed to yesterday. So we slept till 6:45 and arrived at the pool around 7:30 to find we were the first people there.

imagejpg6_zps781eb5d0.jpg

imagejpg1_zps57d01ecd.jpg

We hung out at the pool for a bit to notice the craziness around the ship. Most passengers disembark early in Labadee for some excursions and those covenant cabanas. We were able to see the cabana area from the pool deck.

imagejpg3_zps91c7f88d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once on board we started with a cabin crawl.

The first cabin that we checked out was the Presidential Suite. It has three bedrooms, the huge, huge balcony has a hot tub and a bar. Lots of pics to post on this one so keep with the ride so you can check out all the other amenities in this beautiful Suite.

14484295276_a84d715bae_c.jpg

Can you believe this Wonderful Deck! I could definitely see me and my friends enjoying this deck. :p:D

14504010481_7c73b9b850_c.jpg

14320803709_258fd7dddd_c.jpg

14320697960_eeb8a2d4b2_c.jpg

Wait till you see this bathroom!

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

There is a step from what I remember to get on to the Sundeck -- deck 14 all the way forward (over the Solarium). You go up the port side of deck 14 from the forward elevators.

Which is a shame, becaus it's a nice quiet area -- albeit very windy!!

Yes joand452 that is a shame.

Does anyone know if there is a step in the doorway for the Secret Balconires?

Cabin Crawl Presidential Suite continued

14320791858_819a03495a_c.jpg

14527497873_7c0bbd3c51_c.jpg

14527515633_83b568c0a9_c.jpg

Just so you newbies see the difference, this is the bathroom in most other cabins.

Thx Cruiser MisterMom

Pretty swanky bathroom

qeju6eny

a6yqe4aq

The mysterious third power outlet in the bathroom

tytahese

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

RCCL staff prepares a Bar-B-Q that you can partake - Is that extra cost or no? How about the trams - is that extra cost as well?

Thanks!

Hi catgrab, The barbecue and the tram at Labadee are free. Most people want to stay on the island and not have to go back to the ship for lunch so they make it very convenient for you. I'm glad that RCCL does this that way it doesn't interrupt your time on the island.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Thanks you for taking the time to invite us along your journey. You have been a big help providing information and pics and make my waiting for the end of November bearable. Glad you had a good time. How did you like the FLL Hilton Marina?

Thanks you for taking the time to invite us along your journey. You have been a big help providing information and pics and make my waiting for the end of November bearable. Glad you had a good time. How did you like the FLL Hilton Marina?

You are so welcome bigjohnwvu. :cool: Thank you for coming along for the ride. I'm glad you have found the information helpful. Hope you stay for the rest of the ride. More to come.

We really liked the Hilton. It was a great location and had good ambiance. It was great seeing all the beautiful yachts parked so close and seeing the cruise ships when we woke up. The only downside was the hotel's restaurant prices. There were no restaurants in walking distance but the concierge gave us several delivery places to choose from. We did use one and that worked out well. For one night stay that was fine.

Cabin Crawl Presidential Suite continued

First bedroom - Master

14320910707_1d5f2b6403_c.jpg

14320806458_bdc280668d_c.jpg

Main area and Second bedroom (behind the wall where the picture is)

14320742140_68954d1ec0_c.jpg

Third bedroom had 2 Lower beds and 2 Pullmans

14320743740_c827ccbd57_c.jpg

14320802099_1c11e60475_c.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

From RCCL WEBSITE:

On Oasis Of The Seas

The Presidential Family Suite offers four bedrooms, four bathrooms, a private balcony and a living area with a sofa bed.

Stateroom Details on the Oasis Of The Seas

Stateroom can hold up to 14 guests, must have at least 8 to book. Two Master bedrooms with Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Two Master baths with tubs. Two bedrooms with convertible twin beds/Pullman beds, one bedroom contains bathroom with shower. Guest bathroom with shower. Balcony with a whirlpool, dining area, and bar. Dining room with dry bar. Living room sofa converts to a double bed.

(1,165 sq. ft., balcony 489 sq. ft.)

And there you have it!

Who's ready to book the Presidential Family Suite? You only need 8 and you're good to go!!!