Mendenhall and Nugget Falls?

Hard-habit-to-break

so, one way shuttle, Visitor center, walk to the falls and back. Is it easy to purchase tickets one way back to Juneau? Can that be done in 5-6 hours?

Round trip dock, I would allow 3 hours.

Yes, just purchase a one way ticket. Then line up for the "next" bus and pay the driver at Mendenhall.

It was extra. The tram was great and fun to do! Just the shuttle portion wasn't on time and it was a bit frustrating seeing all of the other shuttles running and picking people up while waiting for ours.

BudgetQueen- sorry I wasn't aware all of the shuttles ran at 30 min increments. It felt like others were running more frequently as we stood, and stood, and stood waiting for our shuttle hahaha :)

It is frequently recommended to just purchase a one way ticket for Mendenhall. Then upon the return, just get in the shortest line and pay the driver.

During peak times, there can be waits through several buses.

We took the blue bus to Menenhall earlier this month and were unable to buy one way tickets:(.....you had to buy a round trip.

I was just starting to research the blue bus and read tons of persons saying to buy 1 way then pay for trip back on whatever bus was available when you are. It sounded like a great plan, too bad it is no longer offered.

I was just starting to research the blue bus and read tons of persons saying to buy 1 way then pay for trip back on whatever bus was available when you are. It sounded like a great plan, too bad it is no longer offered.

This may still be offered. Many times they will try to sell round trip. Just tell them you are only going one way and walk away if they won't sell it to you. I'll bet they will change their tune.

We were just there 2 weeks ago, and walked to the falls. It is totally flat about a mile each way. A nice easy walk. We took a bus from just off the boat, about $20 round trip, and coming and going every 15-20 minutes. It was great!