Shareholder Benefits?

Pocketjem

Yeah, but as CCL is closer to $25 bux a share and RCI is closer to $60, it makes RCI's payout half what CCL is relative to share price.

Just bought some more CCL this morning but I paid $37.02 :p Still a better dividend return than RCL and I ALWAYS get my shareholder Beni from Princess.... very hit or miss from Celebrity :(

Edited by A Sixth?

Just bought some more CCL this morning but I paid $37.02 :p Still a better dividend return than RCL and I ALWAYS get my shareholder Beni from Princess.... very hit or miss from Celebrity :(

The dividend is a better yield on CCL but APPRECIATION on RCCL way outpaces CCL making it a much better stock (at the present time). No telling what the future holds, but I thrilled with my RCCL stock

See portion I bolded. How is asking if the benefit is combinable with the Captain's Club 1 category upgrade from an inside 10 to a 9 hypothetical? Is it me?

I think there are just so many variables involved in a booking, what promo you use, how you book it (i.e. a TA with allotted group space versus standard space), will booking ends up with 1-2-3.

I read their reply as simply wanting your actual reservation so they can look at it and all its; particulars as a whole in order to provide you an honest and correct answer.

Perhaps they assume you also would book and have 123 on the reservation and if they said YES, then you'd later find out the answer was really NO just because they only had limited information to make a decision on.

The dividend is a better yield on CCL but APPRECIATION on RCCL way outpaces CCL making it a much better stock (at the present time). No telling what the future holds, but I thrilled with my RCCL stock

This is true for today... but remember... past market performance is not indicative of future market movement....:D so I'm happy with my RCL holdings and wish I had bought more... but will add to my other holdings right now...

Your milage may vary. :p

I was just told we can't get our shareholder credit because we got a loyalty discount on the price.

I always thought it was just official "perks" (123, etc.) and other obc that it was not combinable with.

I am absolutely positive we have gotten the SHC on every cruise we've taken to date, and all of them were on some sort of discounted price that we did not have any "perks" added to.

I was just told we can't get our shareholder credit because we got a loyalty discount on the price.

I always thought it was just official "perks" (123, etc.) and other obc that it was not combinable with.

I am absolutely positive we have gotten the SHC on every cruise we've taken to date, and all of them were on some sort of discounted price that we did not have any "perks" added to.

Our cruise this past June on the Eclipse was a Tuesday special and a number here on the CC told me I wouldn't get the $ 250.00 shareholders thing and voila! I did get it! (My only cash perk other than an unbelievable deal on an A1 cabin, which I think was an upgrade from an A1 under the special because of the Captns Club...)

Edited by A Sixth?

If by "loyalty discount" you are referring to the Captain's Club Early Booking Offer [it is not always a discount], it was specifically combinable in 2013 [ie 2014/15 season] but specifically not combinable in 2012 [2013/14 season] and 2014 [2015/16 season]. I am not certain about years prior to 2012 as I have not still got copies of the flyers for those years.

Does anyone know if the shareholder credit is combinable with the captain's club one category upgrade?

I asked that a while back. I also sent an e-mail to Shareholder Benefits and they told me they couldn't answer a question regarding a hypothetical booking. - HUH? How is asking if it's combinable with the Captain's Club One Category Upgrade Hypothetical?

Here's a link to that post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43432612&postcount=63

Still don't have a definitive answer.

Edited by CruisingChick

Does anyone know if the shareholder credit is combinable with the captain's club one category upgrade?

I believe that's exactly what I got a combination of the two. Both the captain's club upgrade plus the $250 shareholders credit.

If by "loyalty discount" you are referring to the Captain's Club Early Booking Offer [it is not always a discount], it was specifically combinable in 2013 [ie 2014/15 season] but specifically not combinable in 2012 [2013/14 season] and 2014 [2015/16 season]. I am not certain about years prior to 2012 as I have not still got copies of the flyers for those years.

So they just change the rules on a whim from year to year?

This is the first time I've been burned by one of the scenarios that many so often complain about. First time, ever, we have not gotten our shareholder credit.

So they just change the rules on a whim from year to year?

Yes, for the past three years. If I remember correctly, we had different rules in the UK prior to that - with no flyers.

This is the first time I've been burned by one of the scenarios that many so often complain about. First time, ever, we have not gotten our shareholder credit.

You just need to check the small print on the flyers or, better still, follow Cruise Critic closely at the time the new season cruises are released and you can avoid being burnt.

Lets be honest unless you are playing full rack rate this benefit no longer exists.

Not true at all.

A more true statement is "the benefit only exists so long as you don't have any oner perks"

I use the benefit when booking last minute cruises, on discount, when I can not get any other perks like when there is a period between 123 or PYP promotions or when doing a TA or repositioning cruise where other perks don't apply.

I used it on my TA this Spring for example, after snagging the PH about a month prior to sailing, which was selling for less than RS had been selling for. That was a pretty steeply discounted cabin fare, and no 123 applied.

Lets be honest unless you are playing full rack rate this benefit no longer exists.

No that's not true. Our last cruise we booked a guaranteed inside on a resident rate (after final payment) and we were able to get our Shareholder benefit applied to our booking.

Is $449pp for a 15 night Reflection cruise, a full rack rate? That's what I paid 9 months ago and got the $250 shareholder credit.

Is $630pp for a 15 night Silhouette cruise, a full rack rate? That's what I paid 7 months ago and got the $250 shareholder credit. (I COULD have gotten a $31pp cheaper fare and MORE OBC from an online site, but was silly enough to book with X)

Is $649pp for a 15 night Reflection cruise, a full rack rate? That's what I paid 4 months ago and got the $250 shareholder credit, plus $100 OBC from an online site.

Is $699pp for a 14 night Silhouette cruise, a full rack rate? That's what I paid last month and got the $250 shareholder credit, plus $200 OBC from an online site.

Yes, you can most definitely get the shareholder OBC, even on (sometimes deeply) discounted fares. And you can get even MORE OBC and/or perks from online sites in addition! It's just that you can't get it in combination with other perks from X. (mainly, but not necessarily limited to 1-2-3-GO/onboard bookings)

Just recently one of those unmentionable online sights was offering a free specialty dinner for two ($90) just for booking choice air through them.

To me, that seems to be a pretty good reason to NOT pay "full rack rates" when you book on board. YMMV...

Edited by teecee60

All of the cruise lines under the CarnivalCorp. umbrella, though prices per day vary with itinerary and dates.

And, not to be too picky, but they are benefits, not dividends. Dividends are taxable.

Not if they are in a Roth IRA.

15 night cruise on Reflection for $449pp with $250 shareholder OBC.

15 night cruise on Silhouette for $599pp with $250 shareholder OBC... PLUS $100 OBC from agent.

15 night cruise on Constellation for $609pp with $250 shareholder OBC... PLUS $150 OBC from agent.

Don't stop. :o DON'T STOP :p *D*O*N*T* *S*T*O*P* :eek: :D ;)

Did you book inside cabins. I bet you were not offered a 123 package if it was above an inside. Those sound like after final payment rates.

Did you book inside cabins. I bet you were not offered a 123 package if it was above an inside. Those sound like after final payment rates.

I'm a night owl and like to sleep late, so I book only inside cabins, and ask for a "NO UPGRADE" note. Even though several couples with us got 2Cs and 2Bs for only $699. (maybe I'm part vampire :o)

If I remember correctly, only the $449 Reflection and $599 Silhouette were after final payment. I didn't think I would EVER book prior to FPD again after that. :cool:

But now with "free elite drinks," the 1-2-3-GO offer is almost completely worthless to me. (unless they are offering TWO of the options) So as long as I get the free elite drinks, the $250 shareholder OBC, and ANOTHER $100 or $200 OBC from an agent, on a fare of only $499 to $699... that's a deal I can live with! ;)

On top of THAT, throw in Choice Air transatlantic flights for $390-$575, I can't afford to stay home. :D

Edited by teecee60

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked a last minute Bermuda sailing for end of this month that no perks would apply to (123 is for sailings in October forward only)

I emailed my request for Shareholder credit with PDF of my current brokerage statement and within 2 hours had an email back confirming it was added to my reservation.

I emailed my request for Shareholder credit with PDF of my current brokerage statement and within 2 hours had an email back confirming it was added to my reservation.

WOW! :)

I just did the same thing yesterday afternoon for a cruise leaving in four weeks. Had a confirmation in less than 24 hours, which I thought was incredibly good customer service...

... but TWO HOURS ... :eek:

THAT is absolutely FANTASTIC! :cool:

I'm wondering if maybe they keep an e-file of people who are regular users of the benefit, that makes processing the request go faster.

Edited by teecee60