LIVE from CB - June 21st Delay

FabGirlC

Slight delay - ship's main mast was struck by lightening at about 2:20pm today...knocking out main navigation. :/ Next announcement is at 5pm. The party shall go on..but here's hoping they can repair & get us on our way soon!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Slight delay - ship's main mast was struck by lightening at about 2:20pm today...knocking out main navigation. :/ Next announcement is at 5pm. The party shall go on..but here's hoping they can repair & get us on our way soon!!! :)

Ouch! Sometimes surge protection just isn't enough. Hope they can replace whatever was fried easily and get you under way soon!

Holy Cow!!! We just got the word from friends who are on this sailing.

We, ourselves, just got off of the CB after a 2 week cruise! We are home now in Chicago.

I hope everything goes well. We had a terrific cruise and I hope this will not cause any problems for your sailing.

Good luck to you and I hope things work out.

Still in port - 5pm announcement said they are working on. Hoping it's fixed soon...poor ship has been through a but lately! The mood on the ship is good though - the fun goes on regardless!!! :-)

Captain announced that they repaired one of the main navigators which means we now have 3 out of 5 working and we can leave once the pilot arrives. Whoo hoo!!!

I'll also add that this is my first time on Princess & so far we are very happy with the service, how they handled this delay (hourly updates from captain) and the ship itself looks very good. We still have more exploring to do, but we were able to get drinks quickly, enjoyed the bon voyage party) or the 'still in port party' for us, lol) and made a 1/2 day reservation at the Sanctuary for our last sea day.

Don't think that I'll update more live - part of vaca for me is disconnecting - but I will work on a review for when we return - Bon Voyage!!! :)

Captain announced that they repaired one of the main navigators which means we now have 3 out of 5 working and we can leave once the pilot arrives. Whoo hoo!!!

I'll also add that this is my first time on Princess & so far we are very happy with the service, how they handled this delay (hourly updates from captain) and the ship itself looks very good. We still have more exploring to do, but we were able to get drinks quickly, enjoyed the bon voyage party) or the 'still in port party' for us, lol) and made a 1/2 day reservation at the Sanctuary for our last sea day.

Don't think that I'll update more live - part of vaca for me is disconnecting - but I will work on a review for when we return - Bon Voyage!!! :)

Love your great attitude! We will be on the ship in March and I am interested in your comment about making a reservation in the Sanctuary for your last sea day. I have reserved the Sanctuary for an entire cruise before, but thought daily or half-day spots could only be reserved on the same day (have heard of day-before reservations on the Royal, I think). Being able to reserve single days or half days at the beginning of a cruise would be great!

Happy Sailing!!