Royal Caribbean vs Celebrity

daka

This is good information! We are D+ on RCCI (and have cruised no other lines) and have booked our first Celebrity cruise next April. I am actually looking forward to that one quite a bit!

We have only cruised on Celebrity Solstice ships, and were thinking to try Allure, for September, but we're not sure...kids, flip flops, (not so much on Celebrity) and we will miss the Blu restaurant.....so maybe we wait till November and the Celebrity ships are back here in Fort Lauderdale...

Just returned from my worst cruise experience on RCL Brilliance. I have over 300 days at sea and have never had such disgusting food. Subjective? Steak Diane that was all gristle covered with canned brown gravy for each of us at the table. Tried to go with plain meal of turkey and dressing in hopes of a better choice and received deli turkey over a pad of off white slimey unknown substance which they called dressing. I felt bad for the wait staff having to serve this stuff and then ask passengers if they wanted something else. I think $6 per day for RCL is being generous. Celebrity is better all around in my opinion.

Just returned from my worst cruise experience on RCL Brilliance. I have over 300 days at sea and have never had such disgusting food. Subjective? Steak Diane that was all gristle covered with canned brown gravy for each of us at the table. Tried to go with plain meal of turkey and dressing in hopes of a better choice and received deli turkey over a pad of off white slimey unknown substance which they called dressing. I felt bad for the wait staff having to serve this stuff and then ask passengers if they wanted something else. I think $6 per day for RCL is being generous. Celebrity is better all around in my opinion.

Had a great cruise/ got sp rest package/ ate at Chef's Table and 3 others/preferred Giovannis........worth EVERY penny.....knew the MDR food average but the 3 times we ate there, we had good service and adequate food

Variety is the spice of life! We went on the Silhouette this March, first time on Celebrity. Excellent cruise for all the reasons stated previously. Some highlights were: dining room food was excellent, ship was beautiful and elegant, only one announcement per day, officers out and about all day. I was concerned there would not be enough to do but there was a lot of activity at night. I wish there was a piano or sing-along type of bar. I thought that the bar service was very slow, from the pool to the lounges. Quite noticeable. Nice touches include the ice cold towels upon returning to the ship from port! Passengers definitely more dressed up. Entertainment was excellent and the dancers were probably the best of any ship I have been on. I could go on and on. We booked a 2015 Med cruise while onboard and will transfer that booking to 2016 for our 30th anniversary. Still love Royal (heading on the Allure at the end of the week) but Celebrity was excellent. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

• 3 months later...

I appreciate all the comments on the differences/similarities of these lines. I have been tempted to try Celebrity on a short cruise but the itineraries are the same as RCL.

For some stupid reason I want to get to Diamond and am almost there and hate to lose 8-10 points (dble in JS/GS) toward that on RCL by going on Celebrity.

And even though I am not a youngster I really like those parades.

I appreciate all the comments on the differences/similarities of these lines. I have been tempted to try Celebrity on a short cruise but the itineraries are the same as RCL.

For some stupid reason I want to get to Diamond and am almost there and hate to lose 8-10 points (dble in JS/GS) toward that on RCL by going on Celebrity.

And even though I am not a youngster I really like those parades.

It's not stupid! I felt the same way and I'd been on Celebrity!

Variety is the spice of life! We went on the Silhouette this March, first time on Celebrity. Excellent cruise for all the reasons stated previously. Some highlights were: dining room food was excellent, ship was beautiful and elegant, only one announcement per day, officers out and about all day. I was concerned there would not be enough to do but there was a lot of activity at night. I wish there was a piano or sing-along type of bar. I thought that the bar service was very slow, from the pool to the lounges. Quite noticeable. Nice touches include the ice cold towels upon returning to the ship from port! Passengers definitely more dressed up. Entertainment was excellent and the dancers were probably the best of any ship I have been on. I could go on and on. We booked a 2015 Med cruise while onboard and will transfer that booking to 2016 for our 30th anniversary. Still love Royal (heading on the Allure at the end of the week) but Celebrity was excellent. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

Exactly right...

We are one ALLURE for the second time Nov 30, I will pay more attention to the clothing in the MDR

My general feeling is that the CELEBRITY people are more dressed up, and a bit older....

OK, we need some information....

Here is the situation....We have been on 6 Soltice cruises, and are now contemplating an ALLURE cruise

Since we are Elite on Solstice we use the Blu dining room from just about every dinner and like the small venue, is there anything like that on Royal Allure?

What have you found to be the major differences...any better ...worse?

I'd appreciate anything you can tell me.

The Oasis is introducing Coastal kitchen. Should be similar to Blu.