Your one favorite item at each specialty

rednose83

I've been thinking about my BA cruise last month and realized that my favorite item from each place is not the main entree. Just curious to see what others fave items are.

Here's mine:

Moderno- Grilled Pineapple

Cagney's- Baked Potato Soup

La Cucina- Bread Basket

Teppenyaki- Fried Rice

Le Bistro- tried once, did not like

So what's your favorite ONE item at each specialty?

Great thread idea! This is tough to narrow it down to one item, and I bet most who reply will cheat. Here's mine:

Moderno - Lamb

Cagney's - Filet

La Cucina - Nothing. I guess bread

Teppanyaki - Fried rice

Le Bistro - Mussels

Here's mine:

Have you ever had grilled pineapple elsewhere? I ask because it was good, but it was pineapple that had been grilled. They did absolutely nothing else to it, so it was exactly the same as grilled pineapple anywhere else, including on my back deck. At least the Brazilian steakhouse near where I live glazes theirs with brown sugar. Moderno's was still wonderful, but only because all grilled pineapple is wonderful. I keep thinking that most people who rave about it probably have never eaten it before. So I'm testing that theory.

I never had it anywhere else. But it was coated in brown sugar and cinnamon. I plan on making it at home for the 4th though.

What I had on the Getaway wasn't coated in anything! I even asked! That's so weird. Maybe they have a couple different versions. Bummer for me.

What I had on the Getaway wasn't coated in anything! I even asked! That's so weird. Maybe they have a couple different versions. Bummer for me.

Weird. I know if you get it at the end of the amount on the skewer, all the outside would already be cut off so it would be plain pineapple but the outside was covered in brown sugar and cinnamon-almost tasted like a doughnut :D

I've been thinking about my BA cruise last month and realized that my favorite item from each place is not the main entree. Just curious to see what others fave items are.

Here's mine:

Cagney's- Baked Potato Soup

La Cucina- Bread Basket

Teppenyaki- Fried Rice

Le Bistro- tried once, did not like

So what's your favorite ONE item at each specialty?

Moderno - agree with you - the grilled pineapple!

Cagney's - the crab cakes (before they took them away). Now - and this is totally crap food - but I like the mac and cheese LOL

La Cucina - I'm Italian ... no can do this one LOL Maybe one day.

Teppanyaki - fried rice!

Le Bistro - the french onion soup.

I never had it anywhere else. But it was coated in brown sugar and cinnamon. I plan on making it at home for the 4th though.

The grilled pineapple we had on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago also had the brown sugar/cinnamon coating. YUM!

Moderno - agree with you - the grilled pineapple!

Cagney's - the crab cakes (before they took them away). Now - and this is totally crap food - but I like the mac and cheese LOL

La Cucina - I'm Italian ... no can do this one LOL Maybe one day.

Teppanyaki - fried rice!

Le Bistro - the french onion soup.

Agreed about the Italian restaurant however my friend wanted to go twice...the veal osso bucco is to die for.

Disses mom if you ever stay in a suite, Cagneys has crab cakes for breakfas, maybe even for lunch

Moderno - the lamb (pineapple is a close second)

Cagney's - nothing really anymore. Used to be the lobster bisque

Le Bistro - mushroom soup

Wasabi - Godzilla roll

Teppanyaki - nothing really special, but it's fine.

La Cucina - osso bucco, and that polenta cake it comes with. Yum.

If NCL is listening......I think it is kind of sad that the overwhelming favorite in Teppanyaki is the fried rice!

I absolutely loved every single bite of everything I ate at Teppanyaki. Fried rice is a big part of the meal at Japanese steakhouses, so doing it well is important. This post required us to narrow it down to one thing. I see what you are saying though. I find it sad that the favorite thing at an all-you-can-eat meat place with a giant salad bar (Moderno) is pineapple, but to each his own.

EVERYTHING I love is at Le Bistro!

salmon spread and crustini appetizer

Mushroom soup

Escargot

Filet with peppercorn sauce

Chocolate Napoleon with French Pressed coffee

You have now been quarantined to your cabin. You were supposed to choose ONE favorite thing from each specialty. :D

Agreed about the Italian restaurant however my friend wanted to go twice...the veal osso bucco is to die for.

Disses mom if you ever stay in a suite, Cagneys has crab cakes for breakfas, maybe even for lunch

Yeah, I know - I can't wrap my brain around crab cake eggs benedict LOL

If NCL is listening......I think it is kind of sad that the overwhelming favorite in Teppanyaki is the fried rice!

Teppanyaki - shrimp and steak

Moderno - the little cheese bread balls

I like everything at Teppanyaki. We won't eat there anymore though. Last 2 times, the family got sick. Too much salt, or whatever they are putting in the food ... which is a shame because it all tastes so good.

At home I marinate my pineapple slices (1" thick) in a plastic bag with brown sugar, cinnamon and RUM! Then grill and they are fantastic. :)

At home I marinate my pineapple slices (1" thick) in a plastic bag with brown sugar, cinnamon and RUM! Then grill and they are fantastic. :)

I think we may try this as it sounds good. What are the measurements (approx.)?:)