Ignored by Customer Services & Adam Goldstein?

What you're probably seeing is one of those situations where, to be blunt, not every issue needs to be immediately raised up by the customer to the CEO level of the company. Just think about it for a second, if everyone who had a problem raised their issue all the way up to the top of the chain, how on Earth do you think anyone would get anything done?

The CEO of a major company has far more important things to deal with on a daily basis (like, the day to day running of the company we all know and love) than to take the time out to respond to everyone who tries to seek out his help. There's a reason there's a chain of command within any company (and specifically within the Crown & Anchor club within RCI), and its so that issues get resolved by the correct associates. Just because someone is a member with the standing of a Diamond or a Diamond Plus does not mean there's an open invitation to call up the CEO with issues with the expectation that the CEO will deal with it.

I totally agree.

I've noticed that RCI sometimes responds to disatisfied customers in the review section on their website with a toll free number.

Absent that, I work for a major company and field phone calls for the president's office. Any company that wants to keep its customers will pay attention to customers calling in. Talk to a person, not any type of machine.

If their corporate structure is halfway decent, you should get a response. Sometimes it may take a while, but if they value your business, they know the importance of your call to their office and their response.

p.s. All of my complaint calls go to the CEO/president's assistant, who directs them to the different divisions with orders to respond. It works about 98% of the time without a second callback. They sometimes call and the assistant gives the division a little "nudge."

jayblue RCCL cruiser

99% of your problems were not RCCLs fault. What was their fault should never have happened and I do feel bad for you. But to complain about shampoo you could have purchased it at the ship store if it was so important. I wouldn't use ship/hotel shampoo or soap. I travel with both or purchase it at the airport before boarding. JMHO. Again I'm sorry for RCCL failing to alert you to your husbands delays it would have upset me too.

I agree………..much to do about nothing……………….

99% of your problems were not RCCLs fault. What was their fault should never have happened and I do feel bad for you. But to complain about shampoo you could have purchased it at the ship store if it was so important. I wouldn't use ship/hotel shampoo or soap. I travel with both or purchase it at the airport before boarding. JMHO. Again I'm sorry for RCCL failing to alert you to your husbands delays it would have upset me too.

The shampoo was a surprise obviously not a big problem, just showing how cheap they are. Let's save the bucks for the free booze. Somehow I see my complaints about RCL as over 50% their problem or I wouldn't have posted. There are other things left out because it involved personal things that don't need a public post. If you think that whole fiasco was only worth one percent RCL responsibility and their Choice Air bless your empathetic heart.

I recently had a situation occur that I too emailed Mr. Goldstein. With 48 hours I had an initial response, and within 72 hours I was offered and accepted compensation.

This happened all in the US. I'm thinking your problem is definitely with the UK end of RCCL. Sorry.

Off topic: My situation was the first cruise of 24 we have taken with RCCL that necessitated an email to Mr. Goldstein. All other cruises were awesome.

Tim

Edited by HB Cruiser

The shampoo was a surprise obviously not a big problem, just showing how cheap they are..

I have not heard of RCI NOT offering a dispenser in the shower with a combination shampoo/bodywash/conditioner.

This wasnt there? :confused: its the white dispenser beside the hand held shower. Radiance of the Seas out of Tampa. I can only assume Brilliance had the same? Ive only been on 3 RCI ships but all three had this very same dispenser with the same combination wash.

07abaf0d.jpg

Edited by ryano

I mean as much as Adams email is thrown around here so carelessly, there is NO telling how much crap they have to weed through every day.

Well, everyone here is buddy-buddy with him? It's Mr. Goldstein :D

And don't think it's his email, it's an email address which is checked by a customer service team.

What many people here seem to be completely disregarding is the fact that we are talking about U.K. cruisers here. Did you hear that the U.K. office was closed and relocated to Columbia? Have you ever tried to call that office and get any sort of satisfaction, whether it be booking a cruise or trying to speak to "customer service" or "resolutions"? Also, not to mention international phone call costs. Of course nobody expects Adam Goldstein himself to open every letter or email, he has a whole team of staff that do that for him. But it does get noticed. And normally, problems are dealt with. Sometimes they slip by the wayside. I would suggest that, before berating people for going to the top, try calling the Columbian office yourself and see how far you get!

What many people here seem to be completely disregarding is the fact that we are talking about U.K. cruisers here. Did you hear that the U.K. office was closed and relocated to Columbia? Have you ever tried to call that office and get any sort of satisfaction, whether it be booking a cruise or trying to speak to "customer service" or "resolutions"? Also, not to mention international phone call costs. Of course nobody expects Adam Goldstein himself to open every letter or email, he has a whole team of staff that do that for him. But it does get noticed. And normally, problems are dealt with. Sometimes they slip by the wayside. I would suggest that, before berating people for going to the top, try calling the Columbian office yourself and see how far you get!

Mr. Goldstein is the main man, period. I would contact his office again. Remind him of the original problem and now the new one, the UK/Columbian customer service is not up to par either.

TIm

Well, everyone here is buddy-buddy with him? It's Mr. Goldstein :D

And don't think it's his email, it's an email address which is checked by a customer service team.

As someone that worked on the team that responds to "his" email, I can assure you - he doesn't. Even when it is "signed" Adam...he didn't.

I dealt with Natasha Abner following our transatlantic on the Navigator last November. She actually telephoned me less than 48 hours after I sent my email. Everything was resolved by telephone & email without any mention of involving the UK office...maybe you should drop her a line.?

Hi, yep, I did just that following helpful advice from Sue & Natasha has already contacted me & apologised for the lack of response and is dealing with us herself. very nice and helpful sounding lady.

Jean :)

I recently had a situation occur that I too emailed Mr. Goldstein. With 48 hours I had an initial response, and within 72 hours I was offered and accepted compensation.

This happened all in the US. I'm thinking your problem is definitely with the UK end of RCCL. Sorry.

Off topic: My situation was the first cruise of 24 we have taken with RCCL that necessitated an email to Mr. Goldstein. All other cruises were awesome.

Tim

Thanks Tim, yes, thats what I had heard that usualy a response gets dealt with very quickly. Obviously I realise that Mr Goldstein doesnt weed out his own emails - that someone else would deal & get someone on the case, but in my case this didnt happen.

However - it has happened now because I emailed someone directly in Exec Support and she has been a star so far & so I am sure this will come to a satisfactory conclusion.

We have also been on about 20 cruises with RCI and this is the first time we have had to raise email concerns.

jean :)

thanks so much for your previous advice Sue - Natasha is a star & is now dealing personally with the original concerns I raised.

I've given up for the time being trying to resolve any query with the 'UK' office. I have 5 outstanding /unanswered email queries with them about three of my 6 pending bookings not showing any payment amount, which means I cant pay them online or make part payment. Other than the auto reply to say they have received my email..I have heard nothing and payments are still not showing.

Until recently I always booked direct, but now I use a US T/A due to the benefits associated with a US booking e.g. price drops and ability to cancel at no cost. Also, now the T/A can deal with Guatemala when there are any amendments / queries, as apposed to using my valuable time and getting no where.:p

The issue with the payment tab missing is mildly annoying but calling the premium rate call centre number trying to get them to understand what I was asking for got nowhere after 4 calls and 4 times being cut off ! Mind you - as one is due for payment soon and I wont be able to pay it I suspect I may get a response to my 3 month old query!! :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Jean

thanks so much for your previous advice Sue - Natasha is a star & is now dealing personally with the original concerns I raised.

I've given up for the time being trying to resolve any query with the 'UK' office. I have 5 outstanding /unanswered email queries with them about three of my 6 pending bookings not showing any payment amount, which means I cant pay them online or make part payment. Other than the auto reply to say they have received my email..I have heard nothing and payments are still not showing.

Until recently I always booked direct, but now I use a US T/A due to the benefits associated with a US booking e.g. price drops and ability to cancel at no cost. Also, now the T/A can deal with Guatemala when there are any amendments / queries, as apposed to using my valuable time and getting no where.:p

The issue with the payment tab missing is mildly annoying but calling the premium rate call centre number trying to get them to understand what I was asking for got nowhere after 4 calls and 4 times being cut off ! Mind you - as one is due for payment soon and I wont be able to pay it I suspect I may get a response to my 3 month old query!! :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Jean

That's great news Jean. Good luck and let us know how you get on. :)

Thanks again

Jean

If these cruise are B2B and in the same cabin you will not get a payment tab.

It's the way RCI work.

If these cruise are B2B and in the same cabin you will not get a payment tab.

It's the way RCI work.

ah that is very useful to know...will neither of them will have the payment tab?

If not, do I have to call RCI to make the payment rather than just paying it online ?

thank you

Jean :)

If you have booked your cruises through a travel agent as you suggest, all matters relating to such bookings should be handled strictly between your agent and RCI. Perhaps that is why your emails have not been answered.

Thanks again

Jean

When you book with a US TA they do not deal with Guatemala.

Guatemala cannot access bookings made with a US TA.

If you book with a US TA then you will not have a payment tab.

If you have booked your cruises through a travel agent as you suggest, all matters relating to such bookings should be handled strictly between your agent and RCI. Perhaps that is why your emails have not been answered.

I have only booked one cruise using a T/A and its not until Sept 2015, all others have been direct with RCI.

My concerns are being addressed now, so I am looking forward to hearing that the problems I experienced wont happen to anyone else, then the matter will be fully resolved

:)

Edited by Jeannie333333

When you book with a US TA they do not deal with Guatemala.

Guatemala cannot access bookings made with a US TA.

If you book with a US TA then you will not have a payment tab.

Ah ha - yes I forgot that - so I look forward to having no queries / amendments with the one cruise I have booked through the US T/A for Sept 2015... but if I do, my T/A can sort it out with RCI in the US & not worry about anyone having to contact Guatemala. The perfect solution for future cruises :)

I do wish I had been brave enough to book with a US T/A before....

Looks like the 'no payment tab' issue is because I booked a B2B, our first B2B so I didnt realise there would be no tab.....very useful to know.

The agents in Guatemala didnt know the reason - I should call them and explain :rolleyes:

Agree. Some of us can't/don't want to use the ship shampoo