Cancellation Fees incurred if you have a bunkmate dragging last payment

CrzRani

To avoid confusion, the payoff date is July 29th. Carnival had a special when we booked that we would not have to pay off until 30 days prior to sailing, which was a bonus.

As for how we split the cost, we did divide the total cost by 4, so the prices are higher for the 1st and 2nd, but then the 3rd and 4th are lower. Seems we can drop her and probably have to pay a little more, if she doesn't cough up the cash. We've given her an ultimatum of July 26, so if she flakes, it gives the rest of us time to correct the room occupants.

I guess those of us that had the initiative to pay have learned that this person is not to be asked to sail with us again.

Thanks for all the input! I guess I really got people wondering.:D

They may find that even though the final payment isn't due until 30 days out, they are in penalty under the normal payment schedule. It happened to us when we bought a cruise on the Magic on one of these sales. Deposit of $50.00 per person during sale and final due 30 days out. We canceled it 60 days out and they kept the deposit. It went into penalty at the 75 day mark. It was NOT and Early Saver booking. It worked out OK for us because it was better to take the hit and then book a cruise on RCI with the 3rd and 4th passenger free.

To avoid confusion, the payoff date is July 29th. Carnival had a special when we booked that we would not have to pay off until 30 days prior to sailing, which was a bonus.

As for how we split the cost, we did divide the total cost by 4, so the prices are higher for the 1st and 2nd, but then the 3rd and 4th are lower. Seems we can drop her and probably have to pay a little more, if she doesn't cough up the cash. We've given her an ultimatum of July 26, so if she flakes, it gives the rest of us time to correct the room occupants.

I guess those of us that had the initiative to pay have learned that this person is not to be asked to sail with us again.

Thanks for all the input! I guess I really got people wondering.:D[/quote

I'm glad you got things figured out, and hope that everything works out with her going, or not. With family dragging their feet, paying slow, undecisive and changing their minds, made me realize this will be the last cruise that I put it out there as a planned family cruise, milestone celebration, etc.. From now on it'll be I'm going, and if you want to go here's the information, and this is who you contact. They'll be on their own for air, hotel, ground transportation, etc. Its too much of a headache and stress to deal with. Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

They may find that even though the final payment isn't due until 30 days out, they are in penalty under the normal payment schedule. It happened to us when we bought a cruise on the Magic on one of these sales. Deposit of $50.00 per person during sale and final due 30 days out. We canceled it 60 days out and they kept the deposit. It went into penalty at the 75 day mark. It was NOT and Early Saver booking. It worked out OK for us because it was better to take the hit and then book a cruise on RCI with the 3rd and 4th passenger free.

On the sales with $50 pp deposit arent those depisits nonrefundable?

Bill