Family split onto different flights

notts cruiser

Hi

Hoping someone can help my friend has a Christmas Caribbean cruise booked flight have been released and one member is on a different flight P&O are refusing to change this has anyone a higher office number we can contact to try to resolve this as we are getting no where at the minute. To make matters worse the one on his own is a nervous flyer.

Thanks Karen

Th e number I always use, to avoid 0870 type numbers, is 023 8065 5000, I think this is the main Carnival UK line but you will get a list of options one of which will be for P&O.

If you don't get satisfaction keep asking to speak to a supervisor.

Edited by terrierjohn

Hi

Hoping someone can help my friend has a Christmas Caribbean cruise booked flight have been released and one member is on a different flight P&O are refusing to change this has anyone a higher office number we can contact to try to resolve this as we are getting no where at the minute. To make matters worse the one on his own is a nervous flyer.

Thanks Karen

Was everyone booked on the same booking or did the person on the different flight book seperately. I am asking this because if they have different booking numbers then they may find that P&O will just say that they have no obligation to put passengers with different booking number together. If they are on the same booking then I feel that if they are all on one booking then P&O should be obliged to keep them together. It is a little disconcerting if they are on one booking because I would be concerned about taking children on a future P&O fly cruise if we were not certain to be all kept together.

Thanks

P&O are being very unhelpful and smug refusing to sort it and saying they have loads waiting for cabins if they cancel so its not a problem.

I have never come across such bad customer service. It looks like cancelling may be the only option as there is no way the passenger can travel alone. We have offered to move to another airport but still no joy.

It will be the last time any of our group book with P&O. Anybody on the Ventura Christmas cruise please check your flight you could have the same issues.

Karen

The bookings are linked as its Mum Dad and young son so they have had to have the son with one and the other adult next door. To rub salt in its cost a fortune for the 2nd cabin as its a single passenger.

I would definitely ring P&O again and ask to speak to a senior person. I am not sure whether they guarantee that linked bookings will be kept together or if they will just do their best to try to keep them together. It is unfortunate that they are on linked bookings rather than all of them being on one booking which I think they have to keep together.

Hi - sorry to hear of your predicament. It seems ridiculous that nothing can be done. Why not email David Dingle (CEO of Carnival UK) I have emailed him in the past and someone from his office did then contact me by phone and resolved an issue which I had. I found his staff very helpful and keen to resolve issues.

His email address is david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

Good luck - hope you manage to sort it out.

Sue

If all bookings were made at the same time and with the same address and they are linked, AND you get no success, probably worth contacting a consumer TV programme.

Did you get the name of the person who said, 'if you don't like it you can always cancel as we have a long waiting list'. When they ask why, say it is because you wish to include the name in your letter to Mr Dingle. They will have that on the computer as they keep a record of all conversations relating to a booking reference.

Also ask P&O customer service to determine if the conversation was recorded 'for training' - they have to tell you if they recorded YOUR conversation - and if the answer was yes, ask them for a copy of the recording.

The bottom line is just keep asking awkward, but entirely reasonable questions and in the end they will realise that it is going to be easier to fix the problem than to justify their intransigence.

Out of interest were the fares select fares or early saver fares? Thinking that could be the reason why..we have 3 separate bookings for next March and were told,that as our bookings were linked we would be on the same flight, which we are, but I believe it until I actually saw it.

very strange I have heard of people swapping from the Thomas Cook flight to the Thomson flight just because it was on the new Dreamliner and they preferred a Thomson flight.

Your reason is much more important do as people recommend and David Dingle that's what I would do.

Good luck let us know how you go on

We have had exactly the same happen to us. We booked our holiday and then several weeks later a friend also booked. (Xmas cruise also). We contacted our agent who in turn contacted P&O and requested that our friend be placed on the waiting list for transfer to our flight.

About a week ago we were informed by P&O that they had been able to transfer our friend and we are now all on the same flight.

I have also heard that as a lot of people cancel their cruise on the day that final payment is due then there are several vacancies that become available. My suggestion would be get your family member on the waiting list as soon as possible.

I would definitely ring P&O again and ask to speak to a senior person. I am not sure whether they guarantee that linked bookings will be kept together or if they will just do their best to try to keep them together. It is unfortunate that they are on linked bookings rather than all of them being on one booking which I think they have to keep together.

If you want two cabins it appears to be impossible to do it as one booking - we booked for 2015 to take son and daughter and they have their own login, documents etc.

If you want two cabins it appears to be impossible to do it as one booking - we booked for 2015 to take son and daughter and they have their own login, documents etc.

Things must have changed. We don't have children ourselves so it is not something that we done regularly but we took our nephew and niece with us 4 years ago and we did one booking and had 2 cabins.

We have always cruised with my father-in-law and his partner, except this year, and had two cabins, they had separate personiliser logins, but the cruises were made on one booking:confused:

Molly

The bookings are linked as its Mum Dad and young son so they have had to have the son with one and the other adult next door. To rub salt in its cost a fortune for the 2nd cabin as its a single passenger.

Did you know you can get cabins for 3 people? My friend takes both her children and even though they're older now, they're still allowed to share the cabin. There are beds in the ceiling which the steward can make-up when she/he does the evening turn-down. My friend says it's not perfect but it saves a lot of money.

Also how old is your young son? I ask only because I'm trying to imagine why P&O have done this. I know some people say that they not the most customer friendly but this seems unreasonable as you're all on the same booking.

Edited by tartanexile81