tablets for sale on Zaandam?

We will be on the Zaandam in about a week. Want to buy my son a tablet for a grad present, but would prefer to do it on board if it will be cheaper.

I don't recall ever seeing electronics on any of my previous cruises, but this is the first time with HAL... and well.. you never know....

thanks in advance.

M

We will be on the Zaandam in about a week. Want to buy my son a tablet for a grad present, but would prefer to do it on board if it will be cheaper.

I don't recall ever seeing electronics on any of my previous cruises, but this is the first time with HAL... and well.. you never know....

thanks in advance.

M

Hi,

I've never seen any electronics for sale on HAL ships and that's in quite a few cruises. I would be surprised if that type of item were to suddenly be available. Our last cruise was in January this year.

Barb

They sell them on Celebrity but no discount as I remember. But was told you can use onboard credit if you desire as it is charged to your onboard account.

Celebrity has a cooperative marketing relationship with Apple... Their onboard iLounges are equipped with MacBooks, their onboard enrichment programs [computers/tablets/iPhones/iPads] are geared to use of Apple products, and they do sell Apple computers/tablets/iPods [but not iPhones] and some accessories aboard...

No discounts on purchases but one does avoid sales taxes if applicable based upon state of residence...

Edited by Xport

Want to buy my son a tablet for a grad present, but would prefer to do it on board if it will be cheaper.
If they did have them (and I've never seen them for sale on board) you can be pretty sure that it would be no bargain! DH once had to buy a camera on board when his broke the first day of a cruise, and it was about 50% more than he could have gotten it for on line. Same with the SD card.

That sounds like a wonderful gift.

But get it at home. Give it to him way before the cruise so that he can get used to using it.

I totally agree!! Even tho teenagers are waaay more literate in using technology than me and probably wouldn't have to get "used to" it... he will want to get all the apps and contacts loaded at home so he's ready on the trip.:) Have a great time!

I do not think that anything electronic or optical is cheaper on board than on a reliable shop on land. I should add that I comparing ship prices w what I can buy it for in the States. It may be different if you compare ship prices with prices in another country.

DON