Fountain Soda Card Question -- Yes another one!!

TomAndJane

I know that the Fountain Soda Card is only good for drinks coming from the Soda Gun. My question is do other items coming from the gun count as soda? Say they have a carbonated Cranberry mixture coming from the gun, can we use our Soda card for that?

Thanks,

Tom

[quote name='TomAndJane']I know that the Fountain Soda Card is only good for drinks coming from the Soda Gun. My question is do other items coming from the gun count as soda? Say they have a carbonated Cranberry mixture coming from the gun, can we use our Soda card for that?

Thanks,

Tom[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]Good question, I have no idea. They have sprite, coke, and soda, maybe tonic but what else they have in those guns, I don't know. I'll have to ask the next time I'm on a cruise. You have my [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b0000]curiosity [/COLOR][/SIZE]going. I wonder if would they charge you for soda water?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='sherilyn70']Coke, diet coke, sprite and ginger ale are your only choices with the card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Also available for years, I use my soda card for tonic.

[quote name='PathfinderEss']I wonder if would they charge you for soda water?[/QUOTE]You can have a glass of soda water using the soda card. I think that there is normally a charge for this onto your account, so this should be a saving in the same way as getting a glass of Coke or whatever.

We just returned from a Land/Sea cruise on the Volendam. Every time I ordered a diet coke, either from the bartender or in the dining areas, I was given a glass of ice and a CAN of pop. I used the card for my drinks and there never was a glass from the hose prepared.

Don't know if other HAL ships are following the same guidelines. It might help if you let us know which ship you are sailing on.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Okie

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]Good question, I have no idea. They have sprite, coke, and soda, maybe tonic but what else they have in those guns, I don't know. I'll have to ask the next time I'm on a cruise. You have my [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b0000]curiosity [/COLOR][/SIZE]going. I wonder if would they charge you for soda water?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Soda water is charged just like a soda - it is my drink of choice! You can get it dispensed by the 'gun' or in a can. Also true for Fanta orange soda and tonic water - all of which are available on either card.

There are 2 different drink cards. 1) a $50 [U]beverage[/U] card that will get you a soda in a can [think the charge was $1.95 + 15%] and 2) a $50 [U]soda [/U]card (you pay $25) which will only get you soda from the gun [charge was $1.50 + 15%]. Edited by take us away

[quote name='Okie1946']We just returned from a Land/Sea cruise on the Volendam. Every time I ordered a diet coke, either from the bartender or in the dining areas, I was given a glass of ice and a CAN of pop. I used the card for my drinks and there never was a glass from the hose prepared.

Don't know if other HAL ships are following the same guidelines. It might help if you let us know which ship you are sailing on.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Okie[/quote]

Sailing on the Veendam and it is the Soda card not the Beverage Card (i.e. Get 50 for 25).

Thanks everyone,

Tom

[quote name='Germancruiser']I am about to take my first ever HAL cruise in October- is there a beverage package that gives you the can or bottle of the Soda? I don´t like them gunned soda fountains! I rather pay by the can if there is no such option.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]A can of soda is $1.95 + 15%. You can buy yourself a beverage card offered for several dollar amounts ($50, $100, etc), but there will be no discount. Or you can just charge the soda to your room key. The only discount soda card (pay $25/buy $50 worth) is the fountain soda.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]