Price of drinks

gsboyce

This has probably been asked and answered but I missed it. Since I am lucky to drink one glass of wine a day I was wondering if my husband could purchase this package if I don't. It would be silly for me to purchase it because I don't even drink soda. Thanks.

Your math is off. You'd need to drink at least 6 drinks a day to come out ahead.

$8.95 x 5 = $44.75 < $49

$8.95 x 6 = $53.70 > $49

I suppose if you have 5 mixed drinks a day, plus several sodas, coffee, bottled water, etc. you might still come out ahead. But not just 5 drinks a day.

Since the CDC defines "heavy drinking" as 15 drinks a week for men and 8 for women, we're clearly entering problem drinking territory here, whatever the economics of the situation.

Since the CDC defines "heavy drinking" as 15 drinks a week for men and 8 for women, we're clearly entering problem drinking territory here, whatever the economics of the situation.

People tend to think that those of us who have the package,are alcoholics or heavy drinkers.NO.

Yes we did use it for wine,beer,cocktails and the odd after dinner drink,but we used it heavily for decent teas and coffees instead of buffet rubbish and also cans of proper coke and tonic and not the fizzy machine stuff. We also enjoyed many bottles of water and a large carbonated water with our dinner each night.We got our money's worth..

I have copied this post by kelly94942 which includes his Princess Drink Package Calculator! It works really great and is extremely helpful. As you can see it was update July of 2014! We should all thank kelly94942!

Once you click on the link, you just press any key to start.

What do you mean - Press any key to start! Where the heck is the “Any Key”? :eek:

post_old.gif July 20th, 2014, 09:32 PM

kelly94942 user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifUpdated version!

Here it is - the updated version with all of the additional & updated prices my parents found on their cruise last week! They took a ton of menu pics for me - the list has almost doubled in size. There are a few repeats on the list - for example, if a drink is offered on multiple wine lists, I did show it multiple times on the list. Hopefully that's helpful for folks as they think about what they like to drink at specific venues.

The only 2 sections that aren't updated are the iced coffees from the International Cafe and the Flavors of Mexico. I have indicated the update date for each item, so it will be obvious how current each price is.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and as always feedback and correction suggestions are appreciated! :D

Attached Filesxls.gifPrincess Beverage Package Evaluator rev2 posted 7-20-2014.xls (115.5 KB, 313 views)