cup cake cupboard

searched but can't seem to find it and or what I do find is years old. Step dd wants to take the cup cake decorating classes. How much does it coast and when and where do I sign up?? Thanks in advance

oh on a side note. 51 days until we sail any idea how long until the e-docs are ready to print?? can you tell I'm just a tinsy bit :rolleyes: excited?!?

searched but can't seem to find it and or what I do find is years old. Step dd wants to take the cup cake decorating classes. How much does it coast and when and where do I sign up?? Thanks in advance

oh on a side note. 51 days until we sail any idea how long until the e-docs are ready to print?? can you tell I'm just a tinsy bit :rolleyes: excited?!?

Docs should be available at 49 days.

Unless the price has changed since last summer it is either $20 or $25 per person. I signed up the day I boarded. I think you can cancel 24 hours in advance if you change your mind about participating.

I did it and really enjoyed it. I have no artistic talent but my puppy cupcake looked just like the sample in the display case... I was pretty proud of myself!

Edited by April-in-NC
Add more info.

Depends on the age...12 and up are considered adult prices. Just go to the Cup Cake Cupboard when you board (no need to sign up online) they will have a sign up sheet with choices of days/times. Prices may have changed but it was $20.00 adults & $15.00 kids.

The adult class was $22 on Liberty in April. I'm not sure about the kids' classes. Kids are welcome in the adult class if you want to do it together.

You can usually sign up online under onboard activities. I know the new cruise planner isn't the greatest, so if you can't find it online, if you go to the cupcake cupboard the first day you can sign up in person there. We signed up online but were able to change our class time once onboard.

Thanks everyone. Step - dd will be 17 and I'm sure my dd (22) will want to do it too. Sounds like fun maybe I'll do it too. Anyone know if the cupcakes actually taste good? Or are they a dry crumbly type cake??

For a 17-year-old, I'd do the adult class for sure. I'm not sure what the age cutoff is for the kids' classes, but they are pretty kiddie-oriented.

I guess this is where i will sheepishly admit i've done 3 of these classes (2 on liberty and one on oasis) and also bought cupcakes on allure. :o On our recent liberty cruise the cupcakes were a tad bit dry but still good; on the other 3 cruises where we either did a class or bought cupcakes they were very good.

I'm not a big fan of their frosting (though i can't really explain why), but i do like the frosting or icing you use when decorating your cupcakes. You also use fondant, which tastes pretty disgusting and i take off before i eat the cupcakes. :p

For a 17-year-old, I'd do the adult class for sure. I'm not sure what the age cutoff is for the kids' classes, but they are pretty kiddie-oriented.

I guess this is where i will sheepishly admit i've done 3 of these classes (2 on liberty and one on oasis) and also bought cupcakes on allure. :o On our recent liberty cruise the cupcakes were a tad bit dry but still good; on the other 3 cruises where we either did a class or bought cupcakes they were very good.

I'm not a big fan of their frosting (though i can't really explain why), but i do like the frosting or icing you use when decorating your cupcakes. You also use fondant, which tastes pretty disgusting and i take off before i eat the cupcakes. :p

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I know taste is a matter of opinion. But you answered my question. Sounds like we'll all be doing the class:D

We are on the Allure on 8/3. If you ask when you book on board will they know which class? I really want to do the dog since it looks a bit like mine! Plus I want to use my OBC to pay for it! I love baking cupcakes and decorating so this is right up my alley. My mom said she will join me. My dad is looking forward to trying to eat some of our finished products! Oh the joys of cruising with my parents again…..

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I know taste is a matter of opinion. But you answered my question. Sounds like we'll all be doing the class:D

Glad to help. FWIW, the class is fun even if you don't like the taste of the cupcakes - 2 of the 3 times we didn't even eat them afterwards, because they would make us laugh every time we came into the room and saw them, so we left them on our shelves. we had eaten pieces while we were decorating, which is how i know they tasted good. :)

We are on the Allure on 8/3. If you ask when you book on board will they know which class? I really want to do the dog since it looks a bit like mine! Plus I want to use my OBC to pay for it! I love baking cupcakes and decorating so this is right up my alley. My mom said she will join me. My dad is looking forward to trying to eat some of our finished products! Oh the joys of cruising with my parents again…..

If you go to the cupcake cupboard itself (not guest services), they will sign you up right there, and should be able to tell you if you're doing the dog or the burger. On our Oasis cruise the woman working there recognized us from our first time doing the class on Liberty (she had recently transferred), and she remembered we had done the dog on the first one, so she actually changed our class to the burger so we wouldn't repeat. So, it seems like they are flexible!