Château Frontenac - Quebec City

YES, it is walking distance. Be advised, it is located in UPPER Old Quebec City, so it is an uphill walk, or you can purchase a ride on the funicular (uphill cable car).

If you intend on getting there with luggage, you may want to consider a cab.

Thanks for the information. I won't be staying there, would love to visit and take some pictures. Thinking about doing a 4 1/2 hour excursion which should allow time to visit. Is the hotel a straight walk from the cruise ship pier?

Thanks for the information. I won't be staying there, would love to visit and take some pictures. Thinking about doing a 4 1/2 hour excursion which should allow time to visit. Is the hotel a straight walk from the cruise ship pier?

I'm not sure what you mean by a straight walk, but you are never out of sight of the hotel from the pier. The biggest thing is that the hotel is in Upper Town and the pier is in Lower Town. You will either need to take the Funicular or walk up/down 100+ stairs. There is also the LONG way to walk, that doesn't have the stairs, but it really is a long way round.

I'm not sure what you mean by a straight walk, but you are never out of sight of the hotel from the pier. The biggest thing is that the hotel is in Upper Town and the pier is in Lower Town. You will either need to take the Funicular or walk up/down 100+ stairs. There is also the LONG way to walk, that doesn't have the stairs, but it really is a long way round.

Can you please tell me the "long way to walk" route that we would take with a mobility scooter? Sometimes Funiculars or elevators to the Funiculars aren't working. We can't use any stairs with the scooter. Thank you.

Can you please tell me the "long way to walk" route that we would take with a mobility scooter? Sometimes Funiculars or elevators to the Funiculars aren't working. We can't use any stairs with the scooter. Thank you.

If you are coming from the ship/port, turn right out of the port on Rue Dalhousie, then walk to Rue Saint Paul. Follow Rue Rue Saint Paul to Cote Dinan. Follow Cote Dinan to Cote du Palais. Follow Cote du Palais to Rue Saint Jean. Follow Rue Saint Jean to Cote de la Fabrique. Follow Follow Cote de la Fabrique to Rue Sainte Familie. Follow Rue Sainte Familie to Rue De Baude. Follow Rue de Baude to Fort St. Follow Fort St. to the Chateau Frontenac.

It is the LONG way, and many streets are cobblestone and there are steep hills, but there are no significant steps that I know of along the route. I would suggest checking with the tourist information people at the port. This is the route I know, the tourist information people may know a better/quicker one.

Thanks so much. Didn't think of cobblestone.....really awful for scooters. I'll look at Google Earth also and maybe find a route with all sidewalks. Worse case we'll have to use a cab to get up there. Thanks again.

Judy

Plan on doing the shorter walk, not sure how long that would take. If I have to take a taxi, anyone know approximatelyhow much the fare would be? Would they be easy to get for the return trip?

If you don't have to wait very long for the Funicular, it's no more than 20 minutes easy walk from the ship. For me the longest part of the walk has been waiting for the Funicular and navigating Rue Sous le Fort as sometimes it's quite connected with other tourists.

Google Maps estimates a 10 minute walk.

I know on one trip I made it to and from the ship to the Chateau Frontenac in just about 30 minutes, including time to purchase some ice wine at the bottle shop. Might have been faster had I not had to wait for the Funicular.

If you don't have to wait very long for the Funicular, it's no more than 20 minutes easy walk from the ship. For me the longest part of the walk has been waiting for the Funicular and navigating Rue Sous le Fort as sometimes it's quite connected with other tourists.

Google Maps estimates a 10 minute walk.

I know on one trip I made it to and from the ship to the Chateau Frontenac in just about 30 minutes, including time to purchase some ice wine at the bottle shop. Might have been faster had I not had to wait for the Funicular.

Thanks. I'm usually a fast walker if I know where I'm going. I'm not great with directions. I booked a 4 1/2 hour excurison and really hope I can fit this in either before or after.

We walked straight out of the cruise terminal for about two blocks (there was a fountain), made a left and went pretty much straight until we saw the funicular terminal off one block to the right. Funicular lets you off in front of the C. Frontenac. Entire trip took about 12 minutes.