Anyone has recent dinner menus from Alaska cruise?

YWW

We talked to 3 couples who just returned from the 7-day Voyage of the Glaciers with one couple cruised in late May, another one in early June and the 3rd couple mid June. All of them told us king crab legs were no longer served in the MDR either as an appetizer nor as a main entrée. They never saw it offered. They were told by the staff to pay the $20 to dine in the Crab Shack if they wanted to eat king crab legs. Staff didn't know why the MDR stopped offering the crab legs. May be part of the overall cost reduction. These folks did say the food overall in the MDR was not as good as compared to previous Alaska cruises they had taken a few years back.

They have been gone from the DR in any form for years.

They stopped due to cutbacks!

Now back at the Crab Shack though.

I really like Tracy's but we passed on our last cruise in Sept. on the Grand. It was so crowded and the line was at least 20 people deep. That said, the Dungeness Crab Feast in Ketchikan was one of the best meals of my life!

Edited by Donder1

We talked to 3 couples who just returned from the 7-day Voyage of the Glaciers with one couple cruised in late May, another one in early June and the 3rd couple mid June. All of them told us king crab legs were no longer served in the MDR either as an appetizer nor as a main entrée. They never saw it offered. They were told by the staff to pay the $20 to dine in the Crab Shack if they wanted to eat king crab legs. Staff didn't know why the MDR stopped offering the crab legs. May be part of the overall cost reduction. These folks did say the food overall in the MDR was not as good as compared to previous Alaska cruises they had taken a few years back.

They have been gone from the DR in any form for years.

They stopped due to cutbacks!

I was just on the Star Princess, round trip to Alaska out of San Francisco, from June 3'rd through June 13'th and we did have a king crab leg appetizer in the main dining room.

Maybe it's not on all ships, or maybe not on the 7-day cruises, but it was served us. In fact, all eight of us at the table ordered it. It was on the regular menu.

Next time I guess I will have to take a picture of the menu, and make sure it has a date and time stamp next to it, so that I have proof.

I was just on the Star Princess, round trip to Alaska out of San Francisco, from June 3'rd through June 13'th and we did have a king crab leg appetizer in the main dining room.

Maybe it's not on all ships, or maybe not on the 7-day cruises, but it was served us. In fact, all eight of us at the table ordered it. It was on the regular menu.

Next time I guess I will have to take a picture of the menu, and make sure it has a date and time stamp next to it, so that I have proof.

s the end

Thats great to hear.

I know toward end of the crab legs in the DR they were down to the size of pencils. :rolleyes:

s the end

Thats great to hear.

I know toward end of the crab legs in the DR they were down to the size of pencils. :rolleyes:

How unfortunate for you.:eek:

Our crab legs were large and delicious. Hopefully those of you sailing on the Star this summer will find them just as wonderful as our group did. Don't forget, you can always ask for two servings.;)

If you have anytime dining, the Baked Alaska is still on the menu, but there's no "Parade".;)

We've been on 6 cruises on 3 ships and we've always had anytime dining-and we have had a parade on every cruise. I do think they only do it once in anytime so if you eat later you might miss it.

How unfortunate for you.:eek:

Our crab legs were large and delicious. Hopefully those of you sailing on the Star this summer will find them just as wonderful as our group did. Don't forget, you can always ask for two servings.;)

partybarbie, we believe you so no need to include pic of crab legs next time. This just proves Princess has revised the menu a bit for different ships or based on the length of the cruise and not all Alaskan cruises get the crab legs in the MDR anymore.

We just got off the Golden RT Seattle and had King Crab legs as an appetizer one night. I has nice size legs, 1 claw and some knuckles. Our server offered to bring me as many plates as I wanted.

We just got off the Golden RT Seattle and had King Crab legs as an appetizer one night. I has nice size legs, 1 claw and some knuckles. Our server offered to bring me as many plates as I wanted.

I sure hope they have them on the southbound Island Princess. That is something I always wanted to try.

partybarbie, we believe you so no need to include pic of crab legs next time. This just proves Princess has revised the menu a bit for different ships or based on the length of the cruise and not all Alaskan cruises get the crab legs in the MDR anymore.

Yes, I'm sure the people you spoke with really didn't get any crab legs.:( It's too bad that Princess can't be more consistent with the menu's. It seems that what's true on one ship, isn't on others.

I was just on the Pacific Princess in December, and I don't think it was offered. Here's a link to a posting from someone who just got off the Pacific in Alaska, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2065653. I would post your question there and maybe they will know?

Thank you I did read this review been trying to watch for everything Pacific. No Crab Shack oh well always on shore if I really want them.

What about Europe trips? Would you know about the Caribbean Princess. This ship is new for us but see it is close to all the others we have been on as far as size etc.

Thanks again.

Thank you I did read this review been trying to watch for everything Pacific. No Crab Shack oh well always on shore if I really want them.

What about Europe trips? Would you know about the Caribbean Princess. This ship is new for us but see it is close to all the others we have been on as far as size etc.

Thanks again.

I've been on two Trans-Atlantic Cruises. The first was in 2012, 32-days, on the Crown, and second was in 2013, 30 days, on the Pacific. The Crown should have the Crab Shack.

I've only been on the Caribbean Princess once, years ago, but my understanding it that they do have the Crab Shack. It's just a sectioned off area of the Horizon Court, so it should be offered on most ships, just not the "little girls" and I don't know anything about the Australian offerings.

As far as crab legs on the menu's, I believe it's only offered on the Alaskan cruises. And as others have posted, not all the time.:(