What ships with new menu?

Darboy12

Sailing soon and wondering which ships have the new menu?

In late April, John Heald posted on this blog:

"The American Table menu is currently being served on the Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Imagination. And in June we will serve it on Carnival Freedom as well."

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2014/04/29/wash-and-dry/#more-21619

• 1 month later...

I dont believe they ever did roll it out on the Freedom. Still just those four, Inspiration, Imagination, Liberty and Glory.

Last I heard they/Carnival was not yet ready to put it on any other ships.

I don't think that the menu was ready at all to be rolled out. Food was inconsistent and most of the time, not so great. It was very peculiar that three people would order the same item and it would come out three different ways - such as a pasta dish that was supposed to have chicken - one plate would come out without chicken, one the way it was listed, and one with sausage. Not good!!!!

That's good to hear, TXFATGUY. We'll be on the Liberty next month and I am looking forward to trying to new menus. The one menu item from the old menus I really liked was the linguini and sausage. I think I remember seeing it on some of the newer American Table menus.

I was on the Freedom in early July and they were still using the standard Carnival menus that have been on the ships for a few years.

They have stopped the roll-out until they get the whole program right. JH has said that it won't be coming to anymore ships for a while.

I experienced the new American Table menu for the first time in April on the Inspiration and again now on the Imagination. There were some changes in just those few months. It is definitely a work in progress. I'm not really impressed and miss some of my longtime favorites. I did like that we didn't have "show time" every night.

Edited by candigirl

That's good to hear, TXFATGUY. We'll be on the Liberty next month and I am looking forward to trying to new menus. The one menu item from the old menus I really liked was the linguini and sausage. I think I remember seeing it on some of the newer American Table menus.

Can you take menu photos of tweaked menus please?