Bathroom Amenities in Standard Cabin

custompcsys

We will be on the CB in August, and my other half asked me if there was any way I could find out what type of hair products are provided, including brand if possible. She's trying to determine if she needs to bring her own or not. I told her I may have a source for that info :) We are in a regular old inside cabin, no mini suite or suite. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

There will be a pump unit in the shower containing a combination shampoo/conditioner. Many people seem to not care for the product. I know we will be bringing our own but we have small, sample sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner.

In a pinch, though, I could wash my "hair" under the faucet in the sink using a bar of soap and it would be ok. :eek:

It is a combination shampoo and conditioner which has gotten terrible reviews in the last months that it has been used. I recommend travel size bottles of her own products. I bring my own, and so does DH - yes, it's that bad in our opinion.
Personally, I refuse to use a pump unit so I bring my own. IMHO, the best use is as a small place to put your own shampoo bottle. The other pump is body wash which I also refuse to use. I don't use body wash... I use soap so I ask for the little bars. See below:

DSC02938.JPG

I see that CVS now carries the little "GoTub" bottles which makes it easy to pack your own shampoo if it doesn't come in a travel size.

Edited by Pam in CA

I see that CVS now carries the little "GoTub" bottles which makes it easy to pack your own shampoo if it doesn't come in a travel size.

That is an excellent idea, thanks. She was having trouble finding her conditioner in a travel size, so that's what we'll do :)

Thanks to all for the information!

I've been bringing my own conditioner since Princess stopped providing it. Actually on the last couple of cruises I had leftover little bottles of the Princess conditioner in my Dopp kit. Our cabin steward noticed and gave us a couple of additional bottles. I bet they've run out by now of the old stock.

I've been bringing my own conditioner since Princess stopped providing it. Actually on the last couple of cruises I had leftover little bottles of the Princess conditioner in my Dopp kit. Our cabin steward noticed and gave us a couple of additional bottles. I bet they've run out by now of the old stock.

I mostly use leftover stuff from Holiday Inn Express. I stay there when I travel for work and the products they carry work well for me. I'm allergic to most perfumes and I'm always amazed at the stuff most places provide. WHY does everything have to have a ton of perfume added? The stuff from HIE does have a small bit of some sort of scent but it's very understated and not "perfumy" at all.

On a related note I don't understand why some women seem to drench themselves in perfume. It's a great way to ruin an evening for someone like me if I'm stuck sitting near someone who reeks of perfume. For some reason it often seems to be the "$1 for a 55 gallon drum" type of perfume as well.

Maybe I missed something, Is the soap/shampoo in all stateroom now? As of when? We last cruised in November. I noticed then they were giving the body wash vs bath soap bar. DH prefers bar soap and the room Stewart was happy to provide all the bars we needed. I always bring my own soap and shampoo.

Do they provide any lotion? Also, is there a pump unit at the sink or bar soap?

They do provide very tiny tubes of lotion...very tiny. And there are little tiny round hand soaps...little tiny...no pumps.

Here's a few photos of all the bathroom amenities we had in an inside cabin on the Star Princess in March. I was fine with what Princess provided. But my wife always takes her own supplies when we travel.

14081657338_17fc8341d6_z.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

13826814953_c2f843c664_z.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

13827332224_7865064145_z.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

I found the shampoo/conditioner provided in the shower to be useless.

My hair was so tangled, I could barely comb it out after the shower.

I used some products from the hotel that we stayed in previous to the cruise for the remainder of the cruise.

I do not recall any brand name on the shampoo!/ conditioner that has been installed in the shower.

Best to bring your own bath products.