OBC/Perks keep "falling" off, help! What happens when switch to TA? (if we do)

Hi everyone!

(if you have time, please read my entire post- I appreciate it :D)

I am having an issue with my "perks falling off" (as the X agent put it).

We booked May 5th. Since that time, our perks have fallen off 3 (maybe more, can't keep track) times!

We had the 123GO! $300 OBC and free grats. We also had the early deployment $175 OBC

Just yesterday I called to get a new invoice (for the 4th or 5th time in 2 months) and the new invoice DID show ALL the OBC but NOT the free grats.

He said it would take 7-10 days for the free grats??? But I booked May 5th?

Then I log on this morning and now the OBC is gone, AGAIN!

This is the 3rd time in a month we have lost our perks. Edit: to clarify, they actually dropped off. They did NOT show I had any perks or promotions. They actually had to put them back on. The only knew i had them was because of the notes left from the first agent.

The first time I called, the agent was saying oops, don't know what happened, they dropped off. Let me put them back on. Well that has happened AGAIN. My reservation invoice has said everything (something like) senior rate, state special, etc. I have NO idea where that came from and neither did the agent.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY RESERVATION :(:confused::( Every time we pull a new invoice it is all messed up again.

What do I do?

Also, VERY important question...

We were planning to transfer over to a TA who can give us additional OBC ($100). Will this cause an issue? If I am having issues on the Celebrity end with our existing perks, am I going to be out of luck once I switch to the TA? I wanted to have everything "squared" away before switching to a TA. I log on this morning, and it is messed up again.

Please help, we have never used a TA before and I do not want to mess up our existing perks.

Thank you so much. This is really stressing me out. This will be our 3rd X cruise and I have never had issues like this before.

Thank you!

A very flustered Ashley

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

Seems to me that you are asking a question that no one will have had experience with as it relates to a current quirk, or bug, in Celebrity's computer systems. It seems to me that your most powerful tool here is going to be your original booking confirmations which show all of your perks.

You're already considering the potential difficulties in switching to a TA but only you can decide if the potential time and effort in getting things fouled up again and straightened out are worth the additional OBC.

One thing you should definitely do is get a confirmation in writing, perhaps an email, from the TA acknowledging that you'll be able to keep all the perks listed in your initial Celebrity confirmation. You might want to send them an email listing the perks, the issues you've had with Celebrity's system and a copy of the confirmation and ask for them to confirm by email that you'd retain all the perks and get the additional ones from them after a transfer is made.

Seems to me that you are asking a question that no one will have had experience with as it relates to a current quirk, or bug, in Celebrity's computer systems. It seems to me that your most powerful tool here is going to be your original booking confirmations which show all of your perks.

You're already considering the potential difficulties in switching to a TA but only you can decide if the potential time and effort in getting things fouled up again and straightened out are worth the additional OBC.

One thing you should definitely do is get a confirmation in writing, perhaps an email, from the TA acknowledging that you'll be able to keep all the perks listed in your initial Celebrity confirmation. You might want to send them an email listing the perks, the issues you've had with Celebrity's system and a copy of the confirmation and ask for them to confirm by email that you'd retain all the perks and get the additional ones from them after a transfer is made.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will have my TA put that in writing.

I just got off the phone with X and yes, they did "fall" off AGAIN. He assured me the technical person did something that will make them never come off again (we shall see, I hope).

He said I can transfer to a TA and still call X if I have issues. I hop that is true.

My husband and I are on a budget so $100 OBC would help us. That would put us at $575 in OBC.

Thank you.

The key as Lsimon said is to have a clear understanding with the TA what perks you are bringing with you from Celebrity and what they are providing. From there on the TA will have to deal with Celebrity if the problems continue.

Generally once you have a TA Celebrity won't talk to you about your reservation. I suspect what the agent meant was if you had this specific problem with the perks falling off they would still work with you to correct it again even if you have a TA even though I don't think that would be necessary as the TA should handle that for you.

Do you have a correct guest invoice after they have corrected your reservation this last time. I would provide that to the TA and keep it for your records. I would also get a statement from the TA regarding the combined perks outlining what is from Celebrity and what is from the TA.

I hope the tech department's magic wand fixed things for good. If so, I wish they'd wave it around more generously. :) Whatever you decide to do, I hope you do it soon. I think the time frame to transfer to a TA is 60 days, and if you booked May 5th your time is almost up.

This is our first cruise with Celebrity and I'm having trouble finding things on the web site. I can see our reservation but don't know where to look to make sure the 123Go perks are attached. Can someone explain to me where to look?

Ugh, yes! I've had something drop off of my reservation, therefore increasing the price at least four times. Actually just this morning I got a receipt saying we owed Celebrity $222 even though we made final payment in April.

I called them and they first tried to tell me it was my gratuities because we switched to Select dining but I had already opted to pay for gratuities when were were still on the early seating. I had a final payment receipt stating that we did.

She ended up telling me it was some sort of promotion or discount that fell off (same thing they told me last time) and that in the future if I make any changes to my booking I need to call them rather than do it online because my reservation is finicky :confused:

Anyway, she arranged for a bottle of champagne to be delivered to our room on our first sea day to make up for the trouble, which was nice of her!

Wow, I am not alone then! I checked again just now... all was good! I am going to check every day for a while to make sure they are still there ;)

Going to switch to TA. The extra OBC will help us.

This is our first cruise with Celebrity and I'm having trouble finding things on the web site. I can see our reservation but don't know where to look to make sure the 123Go perks are attached. Can someone explain to me where to look?

Hi, yes, you want to request an invoice. Just call and ask for them to email you the invoice. They will do it on the phone with you, open it up and make sure everything looks right :)

Wow, I am not alone then! I checked again just now... all was good! I am going to check every day for a while to make sure they are still there ;)

Going to switch to TA. The extra OBC will help us.

Hi, yes, you want to request an invoice. Just call and ask for them to email you the invoice. They will do it on the phone with you, open it up and make sure everything looks right :)

Thanks for the info. I will give them a call.

Unfortunately, I think it would be a good idea to monitor your booking. I've known people whose cabin changed without their being notified....and your perks and OBC are of course important to you. Hope everything works out for the best for you! I will say, as you already know, it is a good thing X delivers such a great product....because their website is terrible!!

P.S. I enjoyed reading your review when you got engaged. Please write up the honeymoon cruise!

Edited by helen haywood

He said I can transfer to a TA and still call X if I have issues. I hop that is true.

I think you were given incorrect information. Our experience has been if you booked thru a TA, the cruiseline will not talk to you about your reservation....they refer you back to your TA.

Hi everyone!

We booked May 5th. Since that time, our perks have fallen off 3 (maybe more, can't keep track) times!

We had the 123GO! $300 OBC and free grats. We also had the early deployment $175 OBC

Just yesterday I called to get a new invoice (for the 4th or 5th time in 2 months) and the new invoice DID show ALL the OBC but NOT the free grats.

This is the 3rd time in a month we have lost our perks. Edit: to clarify, they actually dropped off. They did NOT show I had any perks or promotions. They actually had to put them back on. The only knew i had them was because of the notes left from the first agent.

The first time I called, the agent was saying oops, don't know what happened, they dropped off. Let me put them back on. Well that has happened AGAIN. My reservation invoice has said everything (something like) senior rate, state special, etc. I have NO idea where that came from and neither did the agent.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY RESERVATION :(:confused::( Every time we pull a new invoice it is all messed up again.

What do I do?

We were planning to transfer over to a TA who can give us additional OBC ($100). Will this cause an issue? If I am having issues on the Celebrity end with our existing perks, am I going to be out of luck once I switch to the TA? I wanted to have everything "squared" away before switching to a TA. I log on this morning, and it is messed up again.

Please help, we have never used a TA before and I do not want to mess up our existing perks.

Thank you so much. This is really stressing me out. This will be our 3rd X cruise and I have never had issues like this before.

Thank you!

A very flustered Ashley

Interesting!

I booked a Canaries Cruise for 2015 through a TA who with whom I got all three 123 options. They sent me their booking confirmation some weeks ago but I haven't had the X confirmation. When I phoned the TA they told me there was a problem with X's systems because when they were sent my confirmation it only showed 2 of the 3. TA said X was aware of it but it would take time to fix. As the cruise is 18 months away, I'm not getting upset just yet!!!

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone!

What do I do?

Thank you!

A very flustered Ashley

We have been having the very same problems...our perks keep falling off. We were told that every time you make a change, if the promotion you got when booking isn't being offered at the moment your change was made, you may actually LOSE the perk...we called because I couldn't log into my account...it was their error that caused me to not get in...so, while we were on the phone with him, we asked if we could change our dining preference. He said sure, and changed it for us. When I logged into our booking later that day, we had lost our OBC and our 123 go package, AND our cruise price was 200 more poer person. It still isn't fully corrected. We have the original invoice with all of the correct stuff on it, so we are just waiting until the final payment due comes around, then we will have everything corrected all at once, then make sure we don't change a darn thing ever again..lol.

You would think Celebrity would have a better computer system, as the one they have seems to glitch in some way or another all of the time.

This is going to be our first time cruising with Celebrity, and we are hoping the actual cruise experience is better than the booking experience!!

Good luck to you getting yours straightened out before you set sail!!