Lots of dining questions

We have sailed many times, but only on DCL. We have taken the plunge to try new cruise lines. We are books for 11/15. I realized I know nothing as to how their dinning works.

Do you get a list of restaurants that are included in your fare? and a list of ones with extra fees?

I also understand soda, coffee & some other drinks are extra. How does that work?

thank you for answering what is probably the same question a million times.

If you tell us what ship, we can tell you which food venues are included and which are extra cost.

Included drinks: coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juices at breakfast.

And, ice water is included! The main dining room and buffet are always included your fare. Depending on the ship, there are other eating venues which are also included. The "specialty restaurants", like Chops, Giovannis, Johnny Rockets, Portofino, Cupcake Cuboard,, etc.... will have a "fee"...the fee varies from venue to venue.

You will have a choice of main (early) seating, late seating or My Time Dining, where you choose the time you wish to eat dinner. You pick one...you can't do both!

Soda is NOT included on RCI ships anywhere. You can buy soda "by the can" ($2.88 per can and that includes the 15% tip), or buy a soda package, which gives you unlimited fountain soda. If you drink the equivilent of more than 3 1/2 cans per day, then the soda package is the best deal. If you don't drink much soda, just buy a can when you want it.

Edited by cb at sea

We have sailed many times, but only on DCL. We have taken the plunge to try new cruise lines. We are books for 11/15. I realized I know nothing as to how their dinning works.

Do you get a list of restaurants that are included in your fare? and a list of ones with extra fees?

I also understand soda, coffee & some other drinks are extra. How does that work?

thank you for answering what is probably the same question a million times.

In the "same boat as you" going to miss the free soda's...and the rotational dining but still looking forward to trying Royal and seeing what they have to offer. :)

We have cruised Disney three times. And we've sailed on the allure. Totally different experiences but all amazing cruises. You're in for a treat! Allure is magnificent.

We bring 12 packs of bottled water and coke zero (the only soda we drink) every time we cruise RCI. Never had a problem. That doesn't mean you might not have an issue. But the worst case is you get your beverages at the end of the cruise. I've seen people put 12 packs of soda through the security scanner and drink them while they are waiting to board.

And, of course, you can bring on 2 bottles of wine or champagne per cabin.

Have a great cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

can leftover wine from dinner be brought back to the cabin or must it stay in the dining room until the next meal?

You can take leftover wine (or full bottles) to your stateroom, or any venue on the ship.

Soda is NOT included on RCI ships anywhere. You can buy soda "by the can" ($2.88 per can and that includes the 15% tip), or buy a soda package, which gives you unlimited fountain soda. If you drink the equivilent of more than 3 1/2 cans per day, then the soda package is the best deal. If you don't drink much soda, just buy a can when you want it.

If you purchase the soda package or one of the drink pkgs that includes soda, can you then order soda in the dining room at no charge? Also can kids get chocolate milk or juice with dinner included? If no chocolate milk included then I might consider carrying on the syrup...our children don't get soda but we will allow them chocolate milk, lemonade or juice with dinner on vacation as a special treat since my hubby and I are usually enjoying an adult beverage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you purchase the soda package or one of the drink pkgs that includes soda, can you then order soda in the dining room at no charge? Also can kids get chocolate milk or juice with dinner included? If no chocolate milk included then I might consider carrying on the syrup...our children don't get soda but we will allow them chocolate milk, lemonade or juice with dinner on vacation as a special treat since my hubby and I are usually enjoying an adult beverage.

Yes to both questions, except juice might be a problem at dinner.

Edited by clarea