West Coast Longshoremen's Strike

rayandshirl

It could, depending on the nature of the strike, any picketing, etc. No way to know unless they actually do.

I don't think the porters are part of that union, but the dockworkers who tie up the ships and refuel, etc might be.

:eek:

Boarding the Star in San Francisco on Sunday.

If the longshoremen go on strike, will it affect our cruise?

Based on what happened at the Port of Baltimore last year I would say yes. Longshoreman are the ones responsible for getting the provisions your cruise needs to the ship and for getting things off, like your luggage for one. The other issue is that the other unions will usually honor their picket lines. Didn't know there was a pending strike on the west coast.

Edited by custompcsys

Their contract ended yesterday. Negotiations ongoing, and if there is a strike, a mediator will almost certainly be immediately assigned.

Based on what happened at the Port of Baltimore last year I would say yes. Longshoreman are the ones responsible for getting the provisions your cruise needs to the ship and for getting things off, like your luggage for one. The other issue is that the other unions will usually honor their picket lines. Didn't know there was a pending strike on the west coast.