Just off the Explorer 9 day 6/19-6/28.. Any questions?

That's what I want to know what were your impressions of the boat and do you cruise often?

What were your impressions of the cruise and the ship?

What excursions did you do, or hear about enough to comment?

This was my 6th cruise overall and my 2nd cruise with Royal Caribbean. All of my cruises are in my signature. The ship was in great shape. As most know, she's due for her major overhaul dry dock early next year. I always noticed crew members cleaning. Especially the places that i wouldn't have even noticed.

The cruise itself was fantastic. 9 beautiful days in unusually calm seas. I definitely recommend longer than a week. The itinerary was out of Bayonne, to Bermuda, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, and Labadee. I was traveling with my father. We usually don't do shore excursions from the ship. We just grab a taxi and go to our favorite beaches. Horseshoe Bay, Orient Beach, we didn't get off in San Juan since we've been there many times, and of course Labadee. We did hear a lot of chatter about the zip-line in Labadee. Most people talking about it said while it was enjoyable, it wasn't worth $95.

We're going on the same itinerary in September, so I'm very interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks for starting this thread!

What did you like best about the Explorer, and what would you improve? What kind of shape are the cabins in?

We're going on the same itinerary in September, so I'm very interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks for starting this thread!

What did you like best about the Explorer, and what would you improve? What kind of shape are the cabins in?

It was all pretty fantastic. But what stood out the most was the crew. They were always so happy and so friendly. The food was also some of the best food I've ever had on any cruise so far. Went to Portofino's the first night and had a delicious meal. For the rest of the cruise we had My Time dining and had a reservation for 7:45 every night. We only had to wait in a line the first formal night as there were a lot of activities going on with the captain around that time, so it made sense. Probably a 10 minute wait the most.

We had an inside cabin, forward, on deck 8 (8521). The cabin was in fine shape. We had a flat screen TV, though, from my understanding, not every room has one. Not that it mattered. It was rarely used.

The only thing I would improve has nothing to do with the ship, just the departure from the ship. It wasn't the worst experience, but not the smoothest. About 30-45 minutes from deck 1 to the car.

I'll gladly answer the best I can.

Thanks for answering questions! I have been asking a dumb one and I know some one on CC can help!! We will be leaving that same port on Quantum in February...will we see the Statue of Liberty? My family will be disappointed if we fly home from NY without passing by at least! If not, I need to book a post cruise tour! Thanks again! :)

Thanks for answering questions! I have been asking a dumb one and I know some one on CC can help!! We will be leaving that same port on Quantum in February...will we see the Statue of Liberty? My family will be disappointed if we fly home from NY without passing by at least! If not, I need to book a post cruise tour! Thanks again! :)

Book a post cruise tour, when you leave the port you will see it but will not pass the Statue of Liberty. Sorry.

Edited by 70SS350

Hi, I have a few questions about inside the cabin, specifically about the TV...i know you said you didnt watch it much, but my two youngest kids may be in the cabin at night and just want to know if you can tell me what kind of channels are on the TV or if the is any kind of PPV movie or what not. We are sailing on Explorer on 7/17.

My 4 kids have an interior on deck 9 and we have a JS just across from them.

Also any tips on what you think would be helpful inside the cabin for 4 people jammed in, you know one of those "i should have brought this or that" ideas. (already planning an over the door shoe holder for example)

Thanks...

Was it mentioned about where Explorer would go for dry dock?

Any mention of a Trans Atlantic cruise for passengers?

The transatlantic cruise when Explorer goes to dry dock in Cadiz is a non-revenue cruise.

Hi, I have a few questions about inside the cabin, specifically about the TV...i know you said you didnt watch it much, but my two youngest kids may be in the cabin at night and just want to know if you can tell me what kind of channels are on the TV or if the is any kind of PPV movie or what not. We are sailing on Explorer on 7/17.

Also any tips on what you think would be helpful inside the cabin for 4 people jammed in, you know one of those "i should have brought this or that" ideas. (already planning an over the door shoe holder for example)

Thanks...

Don't know the ages of your young ones, I have seen many cartoons channels for them and they do have PPV movies.

Thanks...

I was on this cruise also. On the TV there were 2 cartoon channels, the one was Cartoon Network and I am not sure of the other one. There were not alot of choices for shows. Going by memory there were ESPN, CNN, HLN, TNT and similar channels in other languages.

You can see statue of liberty but you don't go rt by it .When sailing away just before going under Verrazano Bridge it will be on left and behind . If the observation thing sphere ,Its probable to tall to go under bridge if extended ,is working at that time it would really be cool.

Here is a pic I took while EX was still in port on sailaway 6/19....I was standing on deck 12 (13?). The weather wasn't great

001-1.jpg

I think I recall a Water Taxi in St Maarten. Does anyone have the scoop?

Yes, very easy. You just walk off the ship and follow the crowd. You can't miss the water taxi. It's on the left. I believe it is $6pp for an all-day wristband. It takes you into town (Phillipsburg). There is a beach right there, and then the main shopping area runs along the street behind the beach. There is a gelato shop owned by people from Italy right at the start of the beach, and a short walk along the beach is a really interesting Catholic church.

Edited by DonnaK