Short cruise enough?

Many of us from South Florida jump on weekend cruises all of the time. My husband and I used to book on Wednesday or Thursday for the immediate Friday (before we had kids!). The weekend cruises (or four nighters) are super fun. I think that you really relax and are a good value.

We do it on the Left Coast, too, just have to do it on Princess or Carnival these days.

I look at the short cruises as an alternative to driving to Vegas or another California city. For me it's far better to drive the 15-25 minutes to the port than it is to drive 4 hours or fly somewhere for a long weekend. DH can leave his office around 2:00 on Friday and be back at his desk by 8:30 on Monday, a little worse for wear but having had a fun weekend.

So I'd say they're enough. Heck, I flew to Florida a couple of times to visit Monarch on a couple of 4 nighters before she left the fleet.:D

Luckily we live in Florida so airfare is not an issue. That being said, we find that a 3 or 4 nighter leaves us feeling unfulfilled. The break point for us seems to be 5 nights. We love 7 nights best though.

4 days is never enough but I say that about a 7 day cruise also!:D Actually, we are leaving for a 4 day on Enchantment on Monday but only because we were in Florida for a few weeks & we could squeeze it in. We are using this cruise just for the beach days, we've been on this itinerary several times so may not even get off the ship in Nassau. So, yeah, I would say go for the 4 day cruise, any cruise is better than no cruise!

The 4 day cruises seem to be more family oriented, the 3 day cruises are for the partiers! We did a B2B on Monarch a few years ago, and we could definitely see a difference!:D

Sherri:)

I take a lot of short cruises because I live in SW Florida but still work. I consider them to be "weekends out of town" rather than cruises. And what could be a better place to spend a "weekend out of town" than a cruise ship?

it seems most of us think the 4-day (Mon - Fri) is more sedate than the 3 day. I used to live in Orlando and you could do the 3 day without using any time off from work. :D Not as easy on the 4 day. :( That being said, I wouldn't drive from Ohio for a 4 day

we are doing a 5 day cruise with kids, but we are doing some traveling BEFORE the cruise to universal/harry Potter, so the cruise will be the BIG end of the vacation extravaganza. This is the kids first cruise, so it will be nice to just have 5 instead of 7-9 days.

I love the short cruises! It's a nice way to disconnect without getting too far behind at work. I live near Port Canaveral & drive past the port on the way to work each day. So I get tempted a lot to take a short cruise because it is too convenient for us. I also believe that any cruise is what you make of it. Do as much or as little as you want; it's your vacation! Hope you can go & have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are doing our first 5 day cruise in November after doing nothing but 7 day cruises. We are both looking forward to it. I'm glad to hear others have enjoyed the shorter cruises. We have to fly to FLL but I'm using points so that won't cost us anything.