Elation Review! 6th Annual Mather/Daughter Cruise- June 23 - June 27

h_blond2

We sail on her July 12 - next week. Taking my daughter and my 2 grands aged 13 and 14. Were the comedy shows for adults only?

I saw somewhere where the Rock n Roll show??? was too risque for children - is that right? I love all the shows and hope not to miss any.

I am already dreading what condition the Elation may be in since she does go into dry dock Sept. 25. and unfortunately, I have read many more BAD reviews than good ones on her lately. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise and hoping we will also.

The pool looks awfully small - did the water slide folks take up all the space? Looks like it would.

How was the food?

So Carnival is now letting you go straight to your rooms and not wait till 1:30 or 2pm as they used to do? I am platinum so hopefully we can board early and put our stuff up in the room.

We sail on her July 12 - next week. Taking my daughter and my 2 grands aged 13 and 14. Were the comedy shows for adults only?

I saw somewhere where the Rock n Roll show??? was too risque for children - is that right? I love all the shows and hope not to miss any.

I am already dreading what condition the Elation may be in since she does go into dry dock Sept. 25. and unfortunately, I have read many more BAD reviews than good ones on her lately. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise and hoping we will also.

The pool looks awfully small - did the water slide folks take up all the space? Looks like it would.

How was the food?

So Carnival is now letting you go straight to your rooms and not wait till 1:30 or 2pm as they used to do? I am platinum so hopefully we can board early and put our stuff up in the room.

There were family friendly shows along with the adults only. I see nothing wrong with the shows...the costumes are nothing different than you will see by the pool or on the beach. The pools are very small...but they're small on all the ships. I can't really speak to the quality of the food. I don't eat a lot on cruises...I never have. Diamond, Platinum and FTTF will be allowed to go to their rooms upon boarding the ship. The Elation is an older ship and has a little wear and tear, but nothing major. Don't go on this cruise thinking that you will have a bad time. The staff is friendly and I always have a great time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I827 using Forums mobile app

Now that is how a trip report is done! Great job! Probably one of the better ones I have ever read. I've never been able to muster up the gumption to write one, but one of these days I will.

Now that is how a trip report is done! Great job! Probably one of the better ones I have ever read. I've never been able to muster up the gumption to write one, but one of these days I will.

Well thank you!! :)

As the title states, this was my 6th cruise with my mom. Mom and I cruise together because my dad doesn't like cruising as much as he does land vacations and my boyfriend hasn't shown interest in wanting to take a cruise...he's definitely a weird one! lol!

Luckily my wife and I both love cruising, otherwise I don't know how one of us would work it out.

Elation looks like fun, we're going Halloween next year. We're doing the Uxmal Mayan Ruins & Hacienda Ochill in Progreso, a scavenger hunt in Cozumel, and a city/swamp tour in New Orleans. :)

Luckily my wife and I both love cruising, otherwise I don't know how one of us would work it out.

Elation looks like fun, we're going Halloween next year. We're doing the Uxmal Mayan Ruins & Hacienda Ochill in Progreso, a scavenger hunt in Cozumel, and a city/swamp tour in New Orleans. :)

I think that eventually I'll get my boyfriend on a cruise ship! :) Hope you enjoy Uxmal... at least it won't be as hot for you as it was for us!

Edited by h_blond2

I think that eventually I'll get my boyfriend on a cruise ship! :) Hope you enjoy Uxmal... at least it won't be as hot for you as it was for us!

You never know, sometimes it's the person who's been dragged onto the ship that become the real enthusiast, just be prepared to drag his butt off the ship too! ;)

Looking forward to Uxmal, looks like better bang per buck than Chichen Itza overall. I guess they are still using the standard menus in the MDR? We'll be sailing on the Imagination after this, so I'm hoping to get the old menu one more time before we try the new.

You never know, sometimes it's the person who's been dragged onto the ship that become the real enthusiast, just be prepared to drag his butt off the ship too! ;)

Looking forward to Uxmal, looks like better bang per buck than Chichen Itza overall. I guess they are still using the standard menus in the MDR? We'll be sailing on the Imagination after this, so I'm hoping to get the old menu one more time before we try the new.

I don't have any information about the MDR. We choose not to eat there.