My Celebrity Online Reservation Question

B17

I have a question about the 'My Celebrity' online reservation site which has been puzzling me for the last few days.

I have a reservation I made a couple of weeks ago with a TA. I added it to 'My Celebrity' account and everything appears to be in order. I can access the reservation - View Reservation, do online check in, etc. But one thing is really puzzling me and maybe one of you can help?

If I go to - My Reservation - Manage Reservation - View Guests

Underneath each of our names it has a figure £xxx.xx which bears no resemblance to the cost of the cruise/ obc or anything else we can possibly think of relation to our cruise cost.

Can anyone shed any light on this - should it show the cost of the cruise? Is it some money they have given us to spend (Doubt it) or is it a computer glitch? Or worst still do they think we still owe money (we have paid in full)

Anyone got any ideas, does anyone else have something similar showing on their celebrity online?

Ours has $A240 under each name. Very strange as it does not equate to deposit total,gratuities,OBC and we have no other extras. I just cannot believe it will be a pleasant surprise when we board ship LOL

Edited by Dowunder

We see $170.00CAD for both of us.

However, I am not able to view the details of my reservation; it always indicates:

"The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation." shown in red.

The account information on My Celebrity, for us anyway, never makes any sense. The final figure is usually OK [but it does sometimes show a credit after final payment that does not exist] but how they get there is usually pure fiction. In the good old days when we had a PCS, I discussed what was shown online a number of times and he said it made no sense to him either. Cling onto your printed confirmation. That is real life!

First time with Celebrity so all new to me.

Both Wife and I have a figure of £240 under our names.

What concerns me is that we are now 30 days out from our cruise and I

cannot print out my Xpress card and order tags etc.

I have fully completed the online check in up to the " print Xpress card " stage.

It says not yet available and that they will email when ready!

I have spoken with Celebrity UK teice in the last few weeks and have been told not to worry as the system is phased?

I am starting to think Fobbed Off is more likely :(

With Regent last year we had received our docs and tags in a lovely Ipad size leather wallet by this time!! I guess Modern Luxury does not mean Modern Efficiency :rolleyes:

Is anyone else having the same problem with online check in??

Cheers

Tom

I have fully completed the online check in up to the " print Xpress card " stage.

I have spoken with Celebrity UK teice in the last few weeks and have been told not to worry as the system is phased?

With Regent last year we had received our docs and tags in a lovely Ipad size leather wallet by this time!! I guess Modern Luxury does not mean Modern Efficiency :rolleyes:

Cheers

Tom

Hi

Welcome to Celebrity, hope you enjoy your first cruise with them.

There are a lot of problems with the website at the moment.

Here is a link to another thread, that discusses some of them.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2063738

I am sure everything will work out fine in the end, its just such a shame that it can be so stressful along the way!

Edited by gonecroozin
sp

Cheers

Tom

Tom

It can be very frustrating but I am sure that you will forget it all once you are on board. If the worst happens, neither the xPress pass nor luggage tags are essential. Nice as it is to have them well in advance, both of these can be dealt with at the port.

Tom

It can be very frustrating but I am sure that you will forget it all once you are on board. If the worst happens, neither the xPress pass nor luggage tags are essential. Nice as it is to have them well in advance, both of these can be dealt with at the port.

True in what you say but the worry would be if the system isnt actually allowing you to print them off. I was told that if the system is preventing these from being available to print its because there is an unsettled amount against the cost of the cruise.

I would be phoning and making sure it gets sorted soon.

I have spoken with Celebrity UK this morning and followed that call up with a talk to my TA ( Barrhead travel ).

Celebrity said that they are waiting for further input from Barrhead but can't discuss that with me.

Barrhead say that Celebrity have not yet requested the final balance from them and that they leave it to Celebrity to request payment??

Barrhead assured me that all was well with my booking and that they will send me the guest documents and luggage labels closer to the cruise!

Celebrity also confirmed that everything appeared to be in order and don't worry about the luggage labels and Xpress pass as they can be sorted at the ship.

I politely told Celebrity that I like to prepare things well in advance and would not be happy turning up at Southampton to then have to start filling out labels & Passes etc.

I just want to drop off the bags , park the car and join the ship without any hiccups.

I used a travel agent on this occasion because Barrhead were offering a saving of over £200 on other Travel agents and Celebrity.

I guess you get what you pay for :rolleyes:

To the OP...... Celebrity said that the money under our names is some form of Non Commissionable payment that has nothing to do with the guest. He thanked me for mentioning it and will speak again with Miami who are aware of the glitch!!

Regards

Tom

I guess you get what you pay for :rolleyes:

Regards

Tom

Certainly what you get for booking through a TA is not being able to speak to Celebrity directly! Personally, I would be uncomfortable with that but others are happier with a cost saving.

Certainly what you get for booking through a TA is not being able to speak to Celebrity directly! Personally, I would be uncomfortable with that but others are happier with a cost saving.

Hi All!

I Am SOOOO glad to have found this thread as I too have this "Magic Number" that appeared under my name on my online booking. NO ONE at Celebrity could figure out what it was. Two operators had "Never Seen THAT Before!] and then I was switched to a techie in a foreign land who wanted to do the remote access thing as he couldn't find my reservation AT ALL...even with my reservation number, sign in name and full name!

And I too am uncomfortable with not being able to see my deposit and finances on line on the site because, for the first time, I booked with a travel agent. I don't know what would be worse...trying to navigate Celebrity's mystifying phone service myself or what I have now; having my TA do it and unfortunately come back to me with WRONG information from Celebrity's operators that then Celebrity would not Honor! [i lost the 123go package and have yet to see the ChoiceAir credit!]

I keep seeing people post that their TA gave them OBC and a better price and upgrades....I was told I was getting a bunch of stuff...then...oops! "We were wrong" and it was taken away. This does not instill any confidence in Travel Agents!

I do hope the shipboard product is WAY better than the pre-cruise experience.

HLR

I have a question about the 'My Celebrity' online reservation site which has been puzzling me for the last few days.

I have a reservation I made a couple of weeks ago with a TA. I added it to 'My Celebrity' account and everything appears to be in order. I can access the reservation - View Reservation, do online check in, etc. But one thing is really puzzling me and maybe one of you can help?

If I go to - My Reservation - Manage Reservation - View Guests

Underneath each of our names it has a figure £xxx.xx which bears no resemblance to the cost of the cruise/ obc or anything else we can possibly think of relation to our cruise cost.

Can anyone shed any light on this - should it show the cost of the cruise? Is it some money they have given us to spend (Doubt it) or is it a computer glitch? Or worst still do they think we still owe money (we have paid in full)

Anyone got any ideas, does anyone else have something similar showing on their celebrity online?

I think its your on board credit, which is dependant on the cruise, length and room type. It is part of the 123go offer, where you can choose 2 of the three freebies. If its in pounds, and your country money is pounds, then that would be my guess!

Cheers

Tom

Here is what it says on My celebrity about luggage tags.

Luggage Tags:

In order to request personalized adhesive luggage tags, your eDocs (guest documents) must have been issued and your request must be made more than 11 days prior to the sailing date. Go to Online Check-in to request your luggage tags.

As a TA, I can tell you we have no control over those. You have to have had your e-docs issued, and once you do, you yourself can click on a link to order luggage tags. Its usually 3 weeks or so before you sail. Ask your TA if e-docs have come, and ask that they email you as soon as they do, and once you get the email about that you can go and order your luggage tags online :-) Easy Peasy.

you can request X to prepare and mail you hard copies, there is a fee (I think $35 or so) to do so, just as airlines charge for paper tickets. Just call their number and ask for the paper ticket and be prepared to give your billing information to accommodate the charge for this.

Or just show up at the pier tell the porter your cabin number and he will affix a tag to your bag as you walk to the same place everyone else goes and check in and they will check you in, even without an express pass in as little time as they check everyone else in.

Happens all the time, people forget them, change their billing, book late etc. My last cruise this was me, I booked 2 days out and had no pass as I could not physically complete checkin within 4 days of sailing.

I think its your on board credit, which is dependant on the cruise, length and room type. It is part of the 123go offer, where you can choose 2 of the three freebies. If its in pounds, and your country money is pounds, then that would be my guess!

OBC is never in pounds. OBC is always in US$.

Edited by Project_gal

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!

Finally able to print of my Xpress pass and e-docs.

Also ordered luggage labels.

It did take a couple of calls yesterday to Celebrity and my TA.

Got them to talk to each other and that did the trick.

Thankfully every time I have called Celebrity or my TA I have got through almost immediately.

I Can now relax and look forward to the cruise. :D

Tom

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thankfully every time I have called Celebrity or my TA I have got through almost immediately.

I Can now relax and look forward to the cruise. :D

Tom

Tom

What is your secret? At what time do you usually call Celebrity?

Have a great cruise!

Tom

What is your secret? At what time do you usually call Celebrity?

Have a great cruise!

Hi Sue,

Must be lucky I guess.

I call on the 01932 834200 number.

After a couple of choices you get through.

I have always called during the early afternoon.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Sue,

Must be lucky I guess.

I call on the 01932 834200 number.

After a couple of choices you get through.

I have always called during the early afternoon.

Cheers

Tom

Tom

The last couple of times I used that number, there was no menu and I got straight through to a receptionist who could not do anything - not even transfer me to the right department.

Tom

The last couple of times I used that number, there was no menu and I got straight through to a receptionist who could not do anything - not even transfer me to the right department.

That is most strange Sue.

I have never encountered that problem.

Maybe they have changed it as it was only last week I got through fine.

Try it again next week and see how you go on?

Cheers

Tom