Seattle Shuttle vs. Seattle Airport Service

joromay

Trying to decide between these two companies for our upcoming trip. We are a group of 11 (includes 3 children) coming in night before for our RCI cruise out of Seattle the end of this month. I was going to hire a service to pick us up at the airport to our downtown hotel; next day from hotel to pier; and from pier to airport. We have an 11:15 am flight on our return.

Both companies are about $35 pp for all three transfers which I think is very reasonable. Has anyone any experience with either service to help make final decision? Thanks all! Getting excited for the big day!:)

i came here to ask a similar question as you! I have contacted "Melinda" at Seattle Shuttle regarding our party of 6, needing transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to ship, ship to airport... got a quote of $170.00 total and thing its reasonable.., since using cabs, we would need at least 2 per trip.. wanted to see if any one else had used them... she is sure a nice lady and would love to use her...i will check back ! good luck.. 9 i think all of the companies aer pretty reliable though from what i have read in the past)

I've read MANY positive comments about Seattle Express on this forum.

Never heard of Seattle Airport Service; that doesn't mean anything ... there are hundreds of car services.

Did you read the thread just down the page about needing transportation for 9 ? There were a couple of good comments in there about a company.

Our flight home would also leave at 11:15 (to get the non-stop)

Can one make an 11:15a.m. flight?

I am wondering if it would be a problem to get to the airport soon enough?

Assuming you're off the ship by 8:15/8:30am, you should be fine.

Either pier is a half-hr drive to Seatac, but give it an hour due to road and tunnel construction, city events, congestion. For a domestic flight you should be at the airport 2 hrs prior.

Seatac is super busy during summer weekends when a few ships dump a few thousand passengers at the same time, and most of them head to the airport for a noon flight.

There are usually 3 TSA lines in operation and you can go in ANY of them, so if one line is long, look at the others.

Thanks!

If we have to do 'Walk-Off' ourselves with all of our luggage in tow, that might be just what we decide to do! And have that Seattle Transfer service to be there to pick us up. Makes a big difference in getting us home if we can catch that non-stop.

I just wish we could also fly in the morning of the cruise departure.

But, with the flight scheduled to arrive just a bit over two hours from the cruise ship departure. If we plan this cruise, looks we will be spending the afternoon and the night at an Airport Hotel.

If we plan this cruise, looks we will be spending the afternoon and the night at an Airport Hotel.

if you stay near Seatac, keep in mind that you can ride the Light Rail into Seattle to do a little sightseeing the afternoon you arrive; $3 pp, 40 minutes.

Seattle Express and Shuttle Express will have buses at both piers to take passengers to the airport.

Edited by mapleleaves

We just got off the Jewel Sunday and used Seattle Express. They were on time to pick us up at our hotel even though the hotel wasnt one of their regular stops. We walked off at 7:15 and got right on the shuttle we were at the airport before 8:00 and through check in and security within 15 minutes. If you are trying to make an 11:00 flight I would do walk off. I did notice by 10 am the airport was a lot busier and the security lines longer. I wouldnt hesitate to use Seattle Express again. It was $24 round trip pp.

Edited by UtahCruise

Thanks! I had also just verified with Seattle Express that they do run shuttles beginning early AM, and should be no problem.

Matt (I assume it is "Matt" who actually answered) had answered me right away, and was even familiar with the cruise ship schedules.

Sounds like the way we will go.

On to next detail to get ironed out!

Thanks! I had also just verified with Seattle Express that they do run shuttles beginning early AM, and should be no problem.

Matt (I assume it is "Matt" who actually answered) had answered me right away, and was even familiar with the cruise ship schedules.

Sounds like the way we will go.

On to next detail to get ironed out!

I just booked with Seattle Express for a 7:30am shuttle to Seatac.

Thanks for posting this company...I've been trying to find transportation from the ship to the airport. :)

Rather than create a new thread on the same topic, my wife and I are going on a cruise leaving out of Seattle in August. We will be arriving (2) days before. I've read the light rail takes about 45 minutes from the airport to downtown. If we took a cab or shuttle, how is it much faster? The cruise leaves on a Saturday and comes back on a Saturday, would we be able to make a 1:00pm departing flight? If a cab or shuttle is a lot faster, we would definitely take that when going home.

Edited by hyperdrive

Rather than create a new thread on the same topic, my wife and I are going on a cruise leaving out of Seattle in August. We will be arriving (2) days before. I've read the light rail takes about 45 minutes from the airport to downtown. If we took a cab or shuttle, how is it much faster? The cruise leaves on a Saturday and comes back on a Saturday, would we be able to make a 1:00pm departing flight? If a cab or shuttle is a lot faster, we would definitely take that when going home.

It's a 8-10 minute walk from Seatac to the Light Rail station, then it's a 40 minutes to Westlake Center. And then you still need to get to your hotel which will require a little more walking unless you're next door at the Mayflower. On a good day, a cab from Seatac to downtown will take 25-30 minutes.

As for the return trip, you'll have no trouble making a 1pm flight. Read reply #6. You didn't indicate which pier .... pier 91 is several miles north of town so if you want use Light Rail you'll need a taxi to reach a light rail station. If you're at pier 66 you can walk several blocks to Westlake Center assuming you can manage your luggage easily. A cab or shuttle is much easier and you have the time.

Does Seattle Express go directly to the airport or make hotel stops along the way? Do you have to pre-book it or are they at the Pier (91)?

I just checked their site, $12 per person seems like a good deal. I'm also curious how many stops they make along the way.

I am not sure if you can just get on the shuttle after the cruise but they do have a stand under the skywalk at pier 66.

We booked a round trip from our hotel to the pier and then pier to the airport. When we got to the shuttle after the cruise they had our name on a list and he crossed off our name, we just paid the driver when he dropped us off.

Edited by UtahCruise

Decided to go with Seattle Express. Will let you all know. Thanks again!

Clarification: Went with Seattle Shuttle not Seattle Express!

Are you sure ??? Better check your reservation.

Ah, the joys of travel and detail overload !! :)

if you stay near Seatac, keep in mind that you can ride the Light Rail into Seattle to do a little sightseeing the afternoon you arrive; $3 pp, 40 minutes.

Seattle Express and Shuttle Express will have buses at both piers to take passengers to the airport.

we are planning to spend a day in Seattle after our cruise. Just 2 adults , hopefully w/o luggage, What is the best and not expense transportation from pier 91 to downtown? Where we can buy tickets to Light Rail from downtown to Seatac?

we are planning to spend a day in Seattle after our cruise. Just 2 adults , hopefully w/o luggage, What is the best and not expense transportation from pier 91 to downtown? Where we can buy tickets to Light Rail from downtown to Seatac?

pier 91 is about 5 miles north of downtown. A cab will cost you about $15.

You buy Light Rail tickets at a machine the station.

It gives change in quarters so don't put in a twenty .... I made that mistake the first time and ended up with $17 worth of quarters in my purse !