Pre-purchase tickets for Vasa Museum?

Can tickets for Vasa museum be purchased ahead of time to avoid the box office queue? I don't see an option to purchase tickets on Vasa website. Is this possible? Thanks.

no it is not possible.

I would assume because then everyone would be tickets ahead and they still would have to wait in line.

We visited the Vasa Museum last September and I don't remember many people in front of us. I think we arrived there around 10.30. I do remember it became fairly crowded inside once we were in there as a couple of tour groups arrived. However, they would enter as a group and not be buying individual tickets.

Assuming you are docking at S167 (Stadsgarden), if you go in the shop to get your HOHO boat ticket, there is an option to buy a combined boat and Vasa ticket to save a bit of time. However, as said, if you are 'first in the queue'..or nearly so...you can easily get your ticket at the museum. As said, the queues build very quickly, so go to the Vasa first if its one of your 'must sees'.

Simon

We visited in July 2012 and there was no queue at all to purchase tickets. The HOHO boat was waiting for us where our ship had docked and took us straight to the museum (in this instance it went anti-clockwise instead of the usual clockwise direction). I would advise getting there early, when we arrived it was before the stated opening hours but it was open anyway. Perhaps they do that when a big ship is in port.

I was there yesterday. Arrived around 1:30. No lines. Be sure to take the free tour in English. It was very informative. I am certain you have done your homework but for those just beginning to research what to do in Stockholm, the museum is quite close to Skansen and sightseeing boats. The palace and Gamla Stan are walkable as well if you enjoy and are able to do a bit of walking.