Lightinthebox clothes ?

Ok, I just asked about Whitehouse Black Market and got a ton of positive reviews. How about Lightinthebox clothes?.

They have some amazing dresses and decent prices which makes me wonder if they are made in China. I have ordered a few things from China and had pretty good luck but never on an expensive gown that may need to be returned. Has anyone tried this site ?

I am going to give Lightinthebox a try. I am going to order a gown for my Feb 2015 cruise. See how it comes out.

Good luck. Let us know what you think. Have you decided which dress you are going to order ?

I have a number of dresses from them, and love them. Measure yourself carefully, to make sure you are ordering the correct size. I love the custom option - its spot on for the sizing. Let me know if you would like to see some pictures.

I have 2 gowns from them and I just ordered a 3rd!

I ordered according to my measurements (size 16 :eek: by their measurements and I wear a size 10 when shopping in local stores).

They did come way too long (I am 5'4") so I had to have them hemmed and they did need some adjustment around the waist/hips, but I have a fantastic local seamstress.

I am attaching photos of the 2 gowns I have:

Fuscia.jpg.033e85efb933e6a65a37a18a37322a5d.jpg

BlueGreen.jpg.855bc072679de3cb9b96b23a2383be73.jpg

I personally would not order from them, but lots of people seem happy with them. Read the linked article. Be aware that most of their pictures are stolen from the original designer's webpage and your gown may not look like the one pictured.

A previous thread about them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1641827&highlight=lightinthebox

Edited by 6rugrats

I have a number of dresses from them, and love them. Measure yourself carefully, to make sure you are ordering the correct size. I love the custom option - its spot on for the sizing. Let me know if you would like to see some pictures.

Yes, please. Show us the pictures of the dresses.

I haven't decided yet on the dresses. I probably will order 2 of them.

Not only are the dresses that I have ordered from them exactly as pictured, but they are of excellent quality materials and workmanship.

My local seamstress could not believe that 1-they cam from China and 2-the price that I paid for them. She indicated that if she were to make them to order for me they would have cost me 5 times what I paid.

Often times, it seems that companies from China all get lumped together. I don't really feel that is the case with Lightinthebox. I actually did some checking online, and their reviews were excellent, overall. As to stealing pictures from other sites, I wouldn't know about that. In many cases, when they use and reuse a particular model, they give name and measurement information concerning their models. It would seem they wouldn't be able to give some of the info that they do if they were just stealing pictures.

I saw a couple of things I liked on this web site and was doubtful about ordering from them as I've never ordered anything from overseas before. But, if Laurie says they're okay then that's good enough for me as I trust her judgment completely. So, I'll be ordering a few things after I get back from my cruise in two weeks and I'll share my experience with everyone here.;)