Nassau / Coco Cay Excursion Questions

I'm on a 3 day RCI (Enchantment) cruise with my 15 year old son. He really wants to snorkel, never having done it before.

Does it make more sense to snorkel in the Bahamas or Coco Cay? I understand that sometimes the boat misses Coco Cay -- so maybe it makes more sense to set up the snorkely for Nassau to be sure we get to do it?

Also -- any recommendations for what a 15 year old energetic boy might like to do in Nassau?

Thanks!

We have done the Seahorse Snorkeling excursion with RCI twice now and it was great. They take you out on a large catamaran boat, and you go to a reef that has lots of fish. On the way back they hoist the sails and sail back, and provide lots of rum punch (and no alcohol punch too!)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?ProductCode=NSE6&DestinationCode=BAHAM&sourcePage=shorexByTypePortDest&ActivityTypeId=4

CoCo Cay has very good snorkeling for a beginner, with the sunken relics. If he really wants to snorkel, book something in Nassau and if you do stop in CoCo Cay it will be an added snorkel day. You can never snorkel too much and if you have your own equipment you only rent the vest in CoCo Cay so it is not much of an added expense.

Cello56,

If I may ask. How long was the boat ride and how long were you in the water? And is it just one stop at one reef? I will be doing this excursion in Oct. Thank You. To OP I would book a trip in Nassau. At worst you all will get to snorkel twice.