Excursions

sailingaway123

Progreso - We took a private tour to Uxmal and then to Merida. We had a great day. The ruins at Uxmql are impressive, similar to Chichen Itza except not as many people. The shopping at the market in Merida is excellent.

Cozumel - You can snorkel off of the coast fairly easy. You could also take a snorkeling excursion. Chaakanab is also a possibility. We enjoyed our time there.

Lots of snorkel options in Coz -- we used Eagle Ray a couple of years ago and were happy.

Snorkeling from the shore is also an option - Chankanaab Marine park has good snorkeling from the shore, plus a separate beach, dolphins, etc. for an admission fee of about $20 each. Good food/drinks/service and about an $11+tip taxi from the piers.

The Money Bar offers snorkeling from the shore (some of the snorkel tour boats anchor there for their customer to snorkel :p), plus rental gear and guides if you need them. Good facilities (lockers, etc.) and good food/drinks/service. About a $10-11+tip cab ride (for up to 4 in the cab) from the piers.

We went on the Fury Catamarans last year and loved it! We had a blast. You get to snorkel, see the island while drinking margaritas on the way to the beach :) I think we spend little over an 1 hour at the private beach and it really was so much fun since you get to do a little of everything. We had a great day!

We have done Chankanaab (which is a National Park) in Cozumel twice now and loved it. It's probably our favorite beach so far. There's so much to do there and the place is huge. I have 2 reviews listed in my signature line you can click on and get a feel for the place. There's tons of pictures (especially in the 2nd review). The snorkeling there was pretty awesome. :)

We have seen the Mayan ruins of Uxmal and Chichen Izta on two different cruises. Either one is worth the time and price.

In Cozumel, the ruins at Tulum are fantastic.

If interested, you can view the slide shows my wife made with her pictures for her website at the links below.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945