Two Tiers for Cruisers Article

WildcatRock

Below is a web-link for an article regarding the cruise industry's approach towards offering higher-end cruising experiences such as NCL's Haven and MSC's Yacht Club. I'm posting it since NCL and The Haven are featured in it. I have no opinion on this other than I believe we all have our own expectations towards what cruise experience we want to have - to each their own.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/07/07/two-tiers-for-cruisers-one-for-rich-and-one-for-rest/?intcmp=HPBucket

Personally I would take the money it costs to sail in the Haven and spend it to cruise multiple times per year, but that could just be me.

We cruise multiple times each year. This year 2 cruises in Suites with great perks (one Princess and RCCL) and a trip to a 5 star all inclusive where you have Butlers, beach butlers and Concierge service.

We have one NCL Haven cabin booked for next year, one MSC Yacht Club cabin and one GS longer cruise on RCCL booked.

We choose to do multiple cruises in great cabins on mass market lines that offer great suite perks. It works out to be cheaper per person to do multiples on mass market lines than one cruise on Oceania or RSSC.

Edited by DebJ14

Personally I would take the money it costs to sail in the Haven and spend it to cruise multiple times per year, but that could just be me.

People have different kind of limitations, money is not the only one.

For example for us living in Europe it is often cheaper to cruise once in suite/Haven than two or more times in a regular cabin because of cost/length of flights, hotels, car rentals, etc. If we lived in a place with quick and affordable access to cruises we are interested in, we'd be just fine cruising more often in cheaper accommodations.

From our 12 or so cruises, we have cruised about half in oceanview, balconies or minisuites, and about half in real suites (usually cheaper ones, SE or SJ), and only once "in" Haven (spa suite on Getaway) and once in GV (on Dawn).

People have different kind of limitations, money is not the only one.

For example for us living in Europe it is often cheaper to cruise once in suite/Haven than two or more times in a regular cabin because of cost/length of flights, hotels, car rentals, etc. If we lived in a place with quick and affordable access to cruises we are interested in, we'd be just fine cruising more often in cheaper accommodations.

From our 12 or so cruises, we have cruised about half in oceanview, balconies or minisuites, and about half in real suites (usually cheaper ones, SE or SJ), and only once "in" Haven (spa suite on Getaway) and once in GV (on Dawn).

Yep, that's why I said "personally" because what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others.