Coffee Card - King of Cups

MTNestr

I have 2 old coffee cards with punches remaining ( King of Cups & the Jack of Java). Can these cards still be used for regular coffee? The new cards have the voyage number written on the back but these cards were before that policy.

I have 2 old coffee cards with punches remaining ( King of Cups & the Jack of Java). Can these cards still be used for regular coffee? The new cards have the voyage number written on the back but these cards were before that policy.

You will still be able to get the special drinks that take a punch but if you want the fresh brewed coffee, you will have to buy another card. So, punches still work as before but not the endless fresh brewed.

Just to clarify, you can get fresh brewed coffee with these cards, but it will cost a punch.

That was my experience last February on the Royal. The new cards are also good for Gelato on Royal and Regal.

That was my experience last February on the Royal. The new cards are also good for Gelato on Royal and Regal.

It'd be nice if they went fleet-wide with the gelato option!!

I had about 7 punches left on my coffee card at the end of our Crown cruise. I thought it might be fun to hide the card in a book in the library and then leave clues for someone on the next cruise to find it.

Never got around to doing it though.

Guess I'll try to use it for the next Princess cruise....but that might be awhile.....gotta wait for the dismal food memories to fade.

Staff on the Emerald had us trade out the King of Cups card for the new ones, I suspect they will have you do the same.

;)

I had about 7 punches left on my coffee card at the end of our Crown cruise. I thought it might be fun to hide the card in a book in the library and then leave clues for someone on the next cruise to find it.

Never got around to doing it though.

Guess I'll try to use it for the next Princess cruise....but that might be awhile.....gotta wait for the dismal food memories to fade.

Could end up being a time capsule if its an unpopular book. :eek:

Was on the Emerald this past April with a King of Cups card. Each morning I used the card to get a latte for my wife and asked for a brewed coffee. They punched the card for the latte and gave the coffee to me for free.

"Policy" aside, I think the varied responses shows that there is no absolute answer. It all depends on how busy they are and the mood of the staff taking care of you at that moment.

It'd be nice if they went fleet-wide with the gelato option!!
Gelato on the Royal/Regal comes with toppings and costs $2.75. One punch on a coffee card costs $1.93 so that is a good deal. However, gelato on other ships is only $1.50 with no toppings available. Why use a punch when it costs $0.43 more? Princess should offer it as they would be making money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Staff on the Emerald had us trade out the King of Cups card for the new ones, I suspect they will have you do the same.

;)

How long ago was that?

They would not trade (no punches used on the old card) in February on the CB.

How long ago was that?

They would not trade (no punches used on the old card) in February on the CB.

I think it depends on who you get at the coffee bar. Right around the time they switched the coffee card policy (3 years maybe?) I had the barrister take my old card, with punches, and give me a new card. He did take the punches, but I could now get the brewed coffee too, if I wanted. I believe it was just a nice gesture on his part. This was on the CB.

Maureen

On a B2B cruise that is booked as one booking will the coffee card be good for both parts?

Short answer is yes. If you get challenged you simply tell them it's the same cruise for you.

I've found that since I usually deal with only a few baristas they remember you and don't bother with any needless questions.

Last cruise was a B2B totalling 61 days. DW and I purchased 8 cards from Princess before sailing. When we redeemed 8 vouchers at once, no a single one was marked with a date or voyage number.

Edited by beg3yrs

I'm confused. If I want brewed coffee, do. I need a coffee card or is that just for lattes and mochas etc. ?

Thanks!

Welcome to CC....

Yes fresh brewed require a card, its unlimited with the card and available at the International Cafe. Then you have punches on the card for specialty coffee drinks etc.

Regular coffee (concentrate) is available in the buffet/DR etc, its free.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I'm confused. If I want brewed coffee, do. I need a coffee card or is that just for lattes and mochas etc. ?

Thanks!

Welcome to CC....

Yes fresh brewed require a card, its unlimited with the card and available at the International Cafe. Then you have punches on the card for specialty coffee drinks etc.

Regular coffee (concentrate) is available in the buffet/DR etc, its free.

You do not need a card for anything as you can purchase everything individually. However, the purchase of a coffee card does make things less expensive.

Was on the Emerald this past April with a King of Cups card. Each morning I used the card to get a latte for my wife and asked for a brewed coffee. They punched the card for the latte and gave the coffee to me for free.

"Policy" aside, I think the varied responses shows that there is no absolute answer. It all depends on how busy they are and the mood of the staff taking care of you at that moment.

I have to agree with you. I pretty much have found the same thing. :) And in the case of the free coffee I have even asked them to punch the old card and in some cases they smiled and told me not to worry about it.

You do not need a card for anything as you can purchase everything individually. However, the purchase of a coffee card does make things less expensive.

Should have reworded that to, if you want unlimited fresh brewed coffee you need a card if you don't want to pay for each cup. :cool:

Should have reworded that to, if you want unlimited fresh brewed coffee you need a card if you don't want to pay for each cup. :cool:

Wasn't trying to nit-pick but it seemed to me the OP could have been thinking a coffee card was required to get any kind of specialty or brewed coffee. Just wanted to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

The coffee card is $31 to purchase pre cruise.... anyone know what the current onboard price is? Trying to determine if it's worth buying in advance.

My experience is you need to have a card and show it to get free drip coffee and tazo tea but you don't need to use a punch for these. Our fave was coming back from a hot walk around port and getting an iced drip coffee for free, showing our coffee card, but not using a punch.

Of course, syrup reconstituted coffee is available in the dining venues for free without showing a coffee card.

The coffee card is $31 to purchase pre cruise.... anyone know what the current onboard price is? Trying to determine if it's worth buying in advance.

My experience is you need to have a card and show it to get free drip coffee and tazo tea but you don't need to use a punch for these. Our fave was coming back from a hot walk around port and getting an iced drip coffee for free, showing our coffee card, but not using a punch.

Of course, syrup reconstituted coffee is available in the dining venues for free without showing a coffee card.

$29.00 + $4.35 gratuity for a total of $33.35 onboard,

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app