Maasdam Charter June 2015??

amster65

Booked on a 14 day Canada NE on June 6, 2015. Booked in two seperate segments hoping they would join and lower price. Well the did join, but there is no price because it says sold out. Cant believe a cruise a year away is sold out, especially because it is not a cheap cruise. Thinking a charter or an error with the listing online?? Any ideas?

Booked on a 14 day Canada NE on June 6, 2015. Booked in two seperate segments hoping they would join and lower price. Well the did join, but there is no price because it says sold out. Cant believe a cruise a year away is sold out, especially because it is not a cheap cruise. Thinking a charter or an error with the listing online?? Any ideas?

I just looked and the 14 day combination still lists suites - so not a charter. Both segments also show all cabins available. Most likely HAL is still trying to figure out the proper mix for selling cabins for the 14 day combination.

This happened to me on this year's 14 day sailing on the Maasdam. I was told they were sold out or cancelled depending on who I spoke with at HAL. About six months before sailing they opened up the 14 day version. I had booked both 7 day segments out of Boston and rebooked to the 14 day collector cruise and saved $800 pp. Based on this get the room you want now and then keep checking and rebook when the 14 day version is available. It was a really nice cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This happened to me on this year's 14 day sailing on the Maasdam. I was told they were sold out or cancelled depending on who I spoke with at HAL. About six months before sailing they opened up the 14 day version. I had booked both 7 day segments out of Boston and rebooked to the 14 day collector cruise and saved $800 pp. Based on this get the room you want now and then keep checking and rebook when the 14 day version is available. It was a really nice cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

^^ Yes, this.

We have had that happen on several different cruises/ships were we booked the cruises as back-to-back and then several months before the sailing they became a Collectors Cruise.

And for a while, the cabins will be listed as "Sold Out" while HAL decides how many people (cabins) will be able to take advantage of the lower Collectors Price compared to booking the cruises as back-to-backs.