Another poll!

Where do you eat in the evening when on your cruise?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you eat in the evening when on your cruise?

• I/We always use the Main Dining Room for dinner
    • I/We always use the buffet for dinner
    • I/We sometimes us one and sometimes the other

Just thought I would do another poll before I forgot how to do it :rolleyes:

I read the other day how some people would never dream of going to the buffet for their evening meal and others never go to the MDR. So just a light hearted one, as it's too warm for anything serious :)

We like to vary it. If we have been out all day and are tired, we sometimes use the buffet. If we are not on Thomson :eek::D and have set a dining time we tend to use the MDR, as we have always been lucky and had nice table companions. But if they are doing something like an Asian buffet (:):):)) we will go to that but make sure we inform our table mates beforehand, so they are not waiting for us. Quite often, we meet them up in the buffet too :D

Always the MDR for us as we like to be waited on at Dinner (and lunchtime too when MDR tends to be less crowded).

Used to have all meals in there but, having really enjoyed the flexibility of the Half Waiter Service/Half Buffet in the Seven Seas on Majesty, we are going to try Buffet Breakfasts on the Dream in November.

Love my breakfast in the mdr as its so peaceful (most are in the Buffet )

Lunch could be in either if we are on-board at that time.

Like a light meal for dinner , so its the buffet then a trip around the showbars and bars then back for a curry or the like for supper :).

Vera it's here, I must have posted it twice :o

Yeah, I'd just found it...doh! :o:D.

We do the same as you, usually main dining room, but on port intensive itineraries like St Petersburg the buffet.

Sometimes we have been known to eat in MDR and if it wasn't too nice then go to the buffet :o;), but don't tell anyone. :D

Edited by happy v

MDR just great for breakfast, it is buffet so you can eat what you want, drinks/Juices served by waiters, just a bit more comfortable.

Always MDR for dinner, I agree like to be waited on.

We use the MDR morning, noon (if we're around) and night lol, love to be waited on, love getting dressed for dinner, love the atmosphere, love the fresh omelettes for breakfast - even in the MDR you don't have to have big meals or full English!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We use the MDR morning, noon (if we're around) and night lol, love to be waited on, love getting dressed for dinner, love the atmosphere, love the fresh omelettes for breakfast - even in the MDR you don't have to have big meals or full English!

Oooh I stand corrected ;) but still like to choose my own food :)

The trouble with being waited on is that when we were on they Dream last year we waited and waited and........! and if you are on a big table, you can end up missing the show in the evening:(

Oooh I stand corrected ;) but still like to choose my own food :)

The trouble with being waited on is that when we were on they Dream last year we waited and waited and........! and if you are on a big table, you can end up missing the show in the evening:(

Sorry Linda didn't mean anything by my comment, hope you didn't take offence ;d.

Only use the buffet occasionally for dinner- we like the waiter service and the presentation of the food is so much better. I know people say it's the same food, but it doesn't always look like it! And the definitely don't have the appetisers or the same desserts in the buffet.

Having said that, we found the buffet on the Spirit to be such a lovely calm atmosphere in the evening that we were tempted to use it more often.

kate

Sorry Linda didn't mean anything by my comment, hope you didn't take offence ;d.

No offence taken :D

I think I was being a bit dim thinking you couldn only have Full English :o

Love omelettes - freshly made :)

We had anytime dining on the Crown Princess, so sometimes went up to the buffet as it was really nice, laid out with tablecloths and flowers and a lovely view too. Also there was as girl, I think she was Polish, who made a delicious fruit cocktail sort of thing. Not sure what it was called, but it was hot and delicious :)

Only use the buffet occasionally for dinner- we like the waiter service and the presentation of the food is so much better. I know people say it's the same food, but it doesn't always look like it! And the definitely don't have the appetisers or the same desserts in the buffet.

Having said that, we found the buffet on the Spirit to be such a lovely calm atmosphere in the evening that we were tempted to use it more often.

kate

We were on majesty in May and did breakfast in 4seasons because it was partly waiter service but helped yourself in buffet always lunch in buffet up on deck then mdr at night :cool:

We use MDR for evening meals but have never thought of going in for breakfast. Don't know why. I like to have my eggs hard rather than soft (can enjoy a hard yolk but cannot stand runny whites) and think that is why I like to choose my own at breakfast. Dinner depends on what time we get back from a trip. Got back too late for MDR lunch one day and found them clearing the lunch away in the buffet so that the afternoon tea could be put out. Think that was on Majesty.

We almost exclusively use the mdr in the evening but do the buffets and the mdr for breakfasts/lunches depending on what suits us (timings/plans for the day/menu choice).

I like the mdr for breakfast sometimes too - I usually have the smoked haddock, dh eggs benedict - orange juice there is often so much better too. fresh toast of your choice brought to the table and tea of choice too if you ask. The lunch menus are often very good - we had a few better main courses in there than in the evening last trip!

We breakfast in the Lido Self-Service if booked onto an early excursion, as so handy to get to from our cabin on Promenade Deck (9). Otherwise first choice Sirens as more choice and IMO better quality.

We always have dinner in the Orion - enjoy getting dressed up and being waited on - all part of the holiday - but - if I'm honest, the main attraction is the wonderful, larger than life Ferdinand (Ferdie), who recognises us every year and tells anyone who's listening that he's known us for years (last hol in May he had known us for 10 years, even if it was only 3!!! - Ferdie has that special gift of making every passenger feel special, and part of his 'family'.

- the food is an added bonus!