Movies on the outdoor movie screen on GETAWAY

az-cruiser

These are the movies that showed in Spice H2O on my 5/31/14 Getaway sailing. Most of these were at 7:30 PM, or right around then.

Day 1: Monsters University

Day 2: Iron Man 3

Day 3: Born in the USA Video Concert

Day 4: Fast & Furious 6

Day 5: Enchanted

Day 6: Grown Ups 3

Day 7: The Hunger Games

As you can see by comparing this list to Johnql's list, the movies change all the time. It was usually 1 movie an evening though, always right around 7:30 PM. Most nights it was still light outside then, so they might be hard to see. During the day time there are just scenic travel pictures playing on the screen and no movies. Later in the evening is when the parties take place at Spice H2O.

Question.. I thought the Spice H2O was an Adult only area .. Some of those movies are obviously for the wee ones.. So is it mixed age during movie ??

just curious

It's just adults only during the daytime. After about 7 PM or so, anyone can go there. It's also open to anyone during the sailaway party the first day.

Question.. I thought the Spice H2O was an Adult only area .. Some of those movies are obviously for the wee ones.. So is it mixed age during movie ??

just curious

I was just thinking the same thing:D

Bummer! My family and I enjoy laying by the pool and watching movies during the day.

Do they offer popcorn or blankets or candy for sale in the evening when they play the movies?

Thanks!

Bummer! My family and I enjoy laying by the pool and watching movies during the day.

Do they offer popcorn or blankets or candy for sale in the evening when they play the movies?

Thanks!

I don't know. I never saw anyone out there. And since it's light out, it's still hot and sunny. Not sure about snuggling under a blanket in the Caribbean sun.

EDIT: Of course, sunset will vary based on time of year.

Edited by LrgPizza

Thanks!

Free, small bags of popcorn were handed out on both the Breakaway and Getaway.

For some reason I didn't think Breakaway did movies under the stars; Do they? I love laying outside under the moon watching a movie :)

Not sure how many times they did it on the Breakaway, but we had at least one - Skyfall.

For some reason I didn't think Breakaway did movies under the stars; Do they? I love laying outside under the moon watching a movie :)

Poster above notes the movie times are about 7:30 pm, still light out, so not much under the stars. Mid to late winter might be a little better.

I was just on the Getaway 6/21-6/28. I watched a couple of the outdoor movies, (Saving Mr. Banks and Enchanted) and it was definitely dark out. Sunset was at least an hour earlier there than it is at home (Tennessee). There is free popcorn. Nothing else for sale. And you definitely might want to take a sweater. It was a little chilly in the wind. I would have loved a blanket.

• 1 month later...

During the Aug 22 sailing the movies started at 8:00pm. It was very dark by then. I believe the lounge chairs were taken out during the movies. They had chairs out around the perimeter of Spice by the inner railing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums