Surprise cruise deliberately booked with wrong name. Trouble when correcting?

I just spent over two hours on the phone with RCCL over this issue. I booked a cruise on the Allure back in November 2013 for a cruise in October 2014. We booked two rooms with my name on one and wifes name on the other. We told the Loyalty Ambassador that our sister and brother in law would be joining us, and she assured me that we could add their names at a later time with no rate change. Well, today when I did that they wanted an increase of over $500 per room because the price went up. They ended up calling C & A and then subsequently a Past Guests supervisor before they would allow the name additions without a rate change. After making all the changes I had the young lady call the supervisor back and ask how to make these types of reservations in the future. The supervisor she spoke with then told her I could do it the same way or make it a TBA (To be Added) reservation. Huh? Apparently it all depends on who the supervisor is you talk with. Or are the Loyalty Ambassadors are not giving out the correct information? FYI same last names on the reservations.

RCI changed their computer system late in 2013. You used to be able to add a guests name at original pricing but with the new system it will reprise the cruise. It seems like your specific case was escalated to resolutions and they allowed you the exception based on hen you booked it and what you were told. I old not count on this happening again in the future.

I booked a cruise yesterday as a surprise for my SO and did not want it to show up on his account and ruin the surprise. I used his first name with my last name (they are different), and no C&A number. I thought I could just call and have it changed after the surprise is revealed, but I just read another thread that indicates the cruise would be repriced if a name change is made later and the prices have gone up.

If that is true and I have to change to the correct last name now (before the price changes), will omitting his C&A number be enough to keep it off his "my cruises" list?

I would change his name and C&A now as he would need his reservations number to add it to his "my cruises" list. My husband booked a cruise as a surprise for our Anniversary and he didn't want me knowing the cabin he booked.So he just didn't give me the reservations number and it hasn't appeared on "my cruises" list. His only problem he forgot to tell a family member it was a surprise and I found out any way. So if you can keep a secret all should be good.

I corrected his name and birth date as soon as I got home from work. Thank you, everybody who responded, for the help. I will probably book surprise cruises in the future, but won't try doing it with a fake name again :D

My wife planned a surprise cruise last January with our children and grandchildren, she worked with royal and had me listed as (TBA) to be announced..... after the surprise was announced she called royal and they added my name

Edited by Mac303

My wife planned a surprise cruise last January with our children and grandchildren, she worked with royal and had me listed as (TBA) to be announced..... after the surprise was announced she called royal and they added my name

Things like that were easier before the software changes this past October.

It sounds like my secret is safe, unless he suddenly remembers I have a CC username and reads this thread :D. Or books a different, surprise cruise for me on the same date (wouldn't that be nice?).

Aren't you concerned he may make business or other plans that interfere with the cruise? You might think about surprising him a few months in advance to be on the safe side.

Aren't you concerned he may make business or other plans that interfere with the cruise? You might think about surprising him a few months in advance to be on the safe side.

He is retired (so no business plans/work obligations), and I would not make final payment until I knew that he was in favor of this particular cruise. Final payment date is Thanksgiving Day, so sometime between our return from the October cruise on the Divina and mid-November will be the right time to tell him. The time of year, spacing between other cruises, size of the ship, and embarkation port are perfect for us, and the price was certainly right. I am sure he will be delighted.

I would ring back and say "Opps, I was so excited I said the names wrong." Change it to the propper names. Give your C&A numbers. Then hid the booking nmber in a safe place. If you do NOT log in and enter the booking number it will not show up on your 'My cruses' list.

But I would get it change immediatly. You should be able to get around it due to the excitement and confusion.

Raina

Things like that were easier before the software changes this past October.

Bob, the cruise I was refering to was Jan. 2014, long after the software changes, so it is still possible.

Originally Posted by Mac303 viewpost.gif