Sweet 16s dont exist

familycruzer

We just got off Millie in 6028 to Alaska... Loved the extra balcony space. Made it easy for my husband to set up his tripod and zoom lens camera. While everyone was paying big bucks in Icy Strait Point to go on whale watching boats, we were seeing humpbacks breach over and over again from our balcony!

Downside was the long walk to the dining room, but we no doubt needed the exercise!

Our travel agent hadn't heard of the Sweet 16, either. We educated her.

Edited by terigo

When I called Celebrity to switch to a Sweet 16 .. 6035 I was told that none of the cabins have a bigger balcony. I have seen pictures and was in port with Summit in Bermuda. Are they keeping the cabins a secret or really dont have the information available to them? He was said believe what you want but you are wrong.

We had 6035 on Connie - LOVED it. It had BIG balcony

I am glad I found this thread! My wife and I are planning on doing an Alaskan cruisetour in 2016 for our 20th! Finding the info about which rooms to book definitely will come in handy!

We just got off Millie in 6028 to Alaska... Loved the extra balcony space. Made it easy for my husband to set up his tripod and zoom lens camera. While everyone was paying big bucks in Icy Strait Point to go on whale watching boats, we were seeing humpbacks breach over and over again from our balcony!

Downside was the long walk to the dining room, but we no doubt needed the exercise!

Our travel agent hadn't heard of the Sweet 16, either. We educated her.

Also, having been at the back of the ship, I can attest that extra walking does help! ;) That extra walking allowed me to lose a pound on my last cruise! :D

We have done a Sweet 16 five times now. Just got off the Connie and they have newer balcony chairs that recline. Heads Up, the 16's closer forward and directly over the theater DO have some noise transfer--show time AND rehearsal time.

We too have found room stewards very strict about not providing loungers no matter the size of the balcony and had to fight hard to get a third chair for the third person in our cabin. Always worth asking but I think they have tightened up on this overall to only give them to cabins where they are included. I guess in some respect that is only fair to them.

Can I say extra cash. Anytime I have asked for a loung chair or another chair for my sweet 16, I have received it. An extra $5 does wonders!