3 Songs that Carnival Has to Stop Playing

Ph0kis

Please Carnival and other lines that do.... Please STOP playing these songs 500 hundred times in one cruise. I can stand it maybe one or 2 times but not every time I walk out onto the Lido Deck.

Electric Boogie:

Cupid Shuffle:

Cha Cha Slide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a82ijOetZEQ

We are on a cruise to relax and get away from being told what to do by our work, school, parents, ect... We don't need to be told how to dance from the music on a cruise too!

[End/Rant]

we look forward to this !

I was going to shoot someone if I heard Piano Man at karaoke again on our last cruise. That song is like six minutes. Long!.

Yes, that song is long! "First time ever I saw your face" (5.22 minutes) and "MacArthur Park" (7 minutes! :eek:) are also terribly long songs!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I am still waiting on someone to "Teach me how to Dougie...Teach me how to Dougie." Haha

Okay now you've peaked my interest! You have to post something that shows the Dougie never heard of it. But I'm 60 there's a lot of things I haven't heard of LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the Line Dancing...esp at night on the Lido Deck when nobody can really see my missteps. Thank you for posting the You tube videos of my favorite dances. To me, this is the way to have fun on a cruise ship when people of all ages get up and dance. And I can exercise at the same time! LOL!

Please Carnival and other lines that do.... Please STOP playing these songs 500 hundred times in one cruise. I can stand it maybe one or 2 times but not every time I walk out onto the Lido Deck.

Electric Boogie:

Cupid Shuffle:

We are on a cruise to relax and get away from being told what to do by our work, school, parents, ect... We don't need to be told how to dance from the music on a cruise too!

[End/Rant]

I love all those songs, they make you want to dance. If you don't like them wear ear plugs!

Don't know how to post a video, but just google Doug E. Fresh on youtube

Doug E. Fresh was on our Capital Jazz SuperCruise a few years ago and he taught the MDR staff on the Carnival Freedom how to do " The Dougie"

same here, I like the songs, they're fun.

I just heard the song "all my bags are packed" for the first time my last cruise on the pride. I have to say I never laughed so hard. Our servers were hilarious with their dancing etc. such antics :) ...apparently, we always finished in the MDR before they started singing. We will be sure to catch it again next time too.

Yes, that song is long! "First time ever I saw your face" (5.22 minutes) and "MacArthur Park" (7 minutes! :eek:) are also terribly long songs!

Agree with you on those songs! :eek: I can't stand hearing them.

Agree with you on those songs! :eek: I can't stand hearing them.

Yeah and what's really bad is "the first time ever you saw my face" was the first song I learned to sing at karaoke so I used to sing it frequently. :eek: Then I realized that since even I was getting bored during the song, that the listeners surely were, so I stopped singing it. I'm sure all the people at karaoke on my cruises are very grateful that I learned other shorter songs! :p

Wasn't that the theme song on the Triumph a year or 2 ago? :D

I know, i know, bad sense of humor.

Seriously though, of the songs mentioned, i only recognize the Cha Cha Slide, which i like, but i get sick of it when overplayed.

Grandeur of the Seas also used it a year ago as well:D

As long as they don't play anything by Abba, Starland Vocal Band (Afternoon Delight) or Rupert Holmes (Escape - The Pina Colada Song), I'm good.

And as far as the tunes in the MDR, if some folks are tired of hearing them, imagine how the crew feels singing them. I personally find it fun.

Add Cher to that list also. I was on a cruise a few years ago that played so much Cher that it drove me crazy.

Okay now you've peaked my interest! You have to post something that shows the Dougie never heard of it. But I'm 60 there's a lot of things I haven't heard of LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll teach you how to dougie!

I love all these dances. They scream party and fun! Even if I can't do them, I try and improvise (and I will be 37!)

I don't have a problem with them playing these songs, rather that they overplay them. I love listening to the wobble, electric slide, cupid shuffle, etc, and I associate these songs with Carnival cruising. They go hand in hand. Another problem I have is that they play songs that aren't exactly current in a lot of clubs and party venues on the ship, and that is just a little tacky if you ask me. The people who pick the music to be played need to do a better job with keeping up with current trends. All in all though, it would be weird if they stopped playing those popular songs on Carnival and I am not even anything close to a good dancer.

Electric Boogie:

Cupid Shuffle:

[End/Rant]

Please DON'T stop playing those songs......Love to dance to them :-)

I'll teach you how to dougie!)

I guess it's true that if you live long enough everything comes full circle. They changed up the arm and upper body movements a little bit but when I was young they called what they're doing with their legs in the video the funky chicken!

The wobble and Cupid shuffle were new to me last year (I guess they never took off in the UK) but I do love a bit of Gangnam style and cha cha slide....no clue what the electric slide is lol.

I hear that on a lot of European based ships (esp UK based) they play the 1996 line hit called 'Saturday night' by Wingfield which is a great bit of cheesy fun...maybe Carnival could introduce it as a new one...I'd be happy to teach it to everyone on the Legend next month!

I never heard the routine song on the deck though which is the time warp...I heard it during Karaoke

instead and as it was near the lobby I got a group of us to do it in its proper form there. I am a die hard fan so can do the whole thing without the random bits people have put in.

You know as the saying goes....if the music is too loud you are too old. :D

Edited by Velvetwater

Big difference between Rufus Thomas "Funky Chicken" & Doug E. Fresh " The Dougie" :eek::eek:

But at the end of the day "it's all good" the fact that you are having fun and moving on a full day at sea on the Lido deck of a luxury cruise ship with a DOTD waiting for you by your lounge chair means you are in a "vacation cruise zone".....

Bring back, Do The Hussle!!!:cool:

Great idea. Now, where would be a good place to hang the mirrored disco ball on the Lido deck? Time to dust off the platform shoes and get the bell bottoms out of storage.

70s%20Disco%20Flares.jpg

Okay everybody! Let's boogie down!:D

Electric Boogie:

Cupid Shuffle:

[End/Rant]

And we do so try to get away from people that say someone HAS to do something.

BTW, thanks for the links. Not only will it teach me how to do these dances, I'll make sure to request them next cruise. Hopefully you'll be a little less demanding by then...